something a bit less lockable

Options
Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Etherblade (West)
this is a topic that i started on my guild's forums, and got some fun and interesting answers, so i decided to bring it here in hope that (if nothing else) i might get a few laughs, good stories, or a smile or two. (plus, it might just be the first non-locked topic posted in the past hr)

Being that we are on a carebear server (meaning you actually choose when to go into/out of pk mode), who or what was the reason/inspiration behind the first time that you hit that little icon and went white? Do you still enjoy it as much today? Who was your favorite kill/fight and why? ok people, discuss!
*insert awesome siggy here*
Post edited by Anneliesse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Angry cleric (me) vs. pesky archer
    Angry cleric wins :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've never gone White-Named. EVER.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Greeny made me. I had a blast. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Selviant - Heavens Tear
    Selviant - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was like "OSHT IT'S EVICT" And killed him. >:| not really, I was like "What does pk mean?"
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    pfft figured i'd get that answer alot...remember that this was originally posted on my guild forums...a guild that was, at one time, known for having most of its members white named(and it has always been a choice...despite what people used to think. i was often asked " is it required to be white named to be in enrage??" back in the old days.)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i've Never Gone White-named. Ever.

There Goes The Next Server Event =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There Goes The Next Server Event =(

How about this. The day I go white-named, I'll personally do a shout-out to see who can kill me first.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Decided to try pking after i joined roc...

I miss the mass pvp fights outside west gate, outside secret passage (e.g enrage vs caesar). Obviously not as fun today due to less pvpers; pvping these days is more about ganks than anything else.

I don't really pvp anymore these days; having 8k hp with 6k+ phys def and getting 1 shotted by sins isn't fun... neither is getting killed by BMs in less than 2 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah stupid bms. b:angry And sins. D:
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i have to agree with msE its not much fun these days, at least not for those of us who are poor clerics. can we rewind time to back when the game was unspoiled by the "anni" packs, in all their incarnations?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah stupid bms. b:angry And sins. D:

*Runs away crying*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i rarely go White named, i might go after i get decent demon skills but the only place i kill people is cube lol
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cept Evict, I love him. >:|
  • NuDe - Heavens Tear
    NuDe - Heavens Tear Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I often go white named to make fun of people ^^

and it works b:chuckle
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i rarely go White named, i might go after i get decent demon skills but the only place i kill people is cube lol

See you there.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I love pvp, chose to go on a pve server because, my friends who came to this game with me wanted to. I'm happy enough being here now though, as the option to switch from pk to non pk is appealing.

My favourite fight? Fimme on cleric and Curses Sin both ran up and ganked me.

Fimme fired a shot, ticking my charm. I slept him, and killed Clammier while Fimme was slept. Then managed to get back to the safe zone with fimme in tow and escaped death entirely. This was when Clammier was about 92 and my gear also much worse than it is now.

Since then, its about 12-1 to Clammier rofl, but hey, it was good while it lasted!
  • NuDe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I remember i was fighting Mary Jane

when Clammier jumped on me

I switched to many times before the 2 to be able to kill one

then i was flying to SZ when my wife jumped on me and HFed my **** ><
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Decided to try pking after i joined roc...

I miss the mass pvp fights outside west gate, outside secret passage (e.g enrage vs caesar). Obviously not as fun today due to less pvpers; pvping these days is more about ganks than anything else.

I don't really pvp anymore these days; having 8k hp with 6k+ phys def and getting 1 shotted by sins isn't fun... neither is getting killed by BMs in less than 2 seconds.

ernage vs caesar outside of west gate/SP was FUN those were the best times in pk mode( although enrage always ended up out numbering us, coincidentally after we were sending em all back to town b:chuckle) i have had for sure ahtoot was my hero xD there would be like 6 people on him then he would just Armageddon and a couple of em would drop and he would just slowly weed them out with Armageddon xD unfortunately that was when i had like +1 gear so i wasn't much help, besides stunning, p def de-buffing, and throwing in an Armageddon when i could.

first time i went pk was when i turned lvl 60 (not counting when i first wen pk on my blade master at lvl 30 when i first started) and i told myself i would stay in pk mode indefinitely, in hidden orchid i was helping a friend with a quest and i found this lvl 30 somethign barb in pk and he begged for his life so i didn't kill him and instead taught him how to attack since he didn't even know how to xD so we were hanging out and a veno ( wont name names not sure if they even play anymore) came by and started flaming us for being in pk mode i think they were like lvl 70-80 and as a lvl 60 i had killed higher lvl arcane classes and i had the other barb for back up so i was fairly confident that that veno would be going down, although they refused to go in pk mode, next thing i know, i see my new friend get dropped as this wolf barb drops down on us and slaughters him, then i was next and he proceeded to laugh at us as well.

i formed together a squad of noobs and we set out to find shirkahn ( the barb that killed us) it ended up as a massive pk party outside of hidden orchid with my army of noobs against shirkahn and the rest of radiance watching and cheering us on and giving us pointers as we tried to kill him, didn't work it was three barbs a bm and a wizard lvl 30-46 trying to kill shirkahn who was one of the best barbs in game at the time, or so i was told ( and also kiting us a lot), so eventually had a radiance cleric join us to help (celric) and we were abel to take him down with his help, this is what made me fall in love with pk, we were doing it for fun, and everyone was having a good time even the noobs =D some of the people that were there, celric, defected, shirkahn, um that's all i can remember (but there was a pretty large group there). lol so yeah i was in pk mode for the majority of my 60's 70's and in my late 70's is when i left pk mode until i had better gear/money for angels, because i had dropped my helm of lion spirit and almost lost it to chaching, after playing with me for a little bit pretending to ignore me and that they didn't have it they gave it back to me though b:thanks which leads me to believe that most of the time as long as you don't freak out and cuss the person out that got your item you dropped you will problem get it back if you ask nicely and stay calm b:chuckle (probably b:shutup)
    I remember i was fighting Mary Jane

when Clammier jumped on me

I switched to many times before the 2 to be able to kill one

then i was flying to SZ when my wife jumped on me and HFed my **** ><

your own wife HFed you? D;
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    your own wife HFed you? D;

I don't blame her b:avoid
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lulz poor nude own wife pwning him b:chuckle
  • NuDe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LoL yep

I'm not sure we were already divorced at that time or not ^^
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Anne remembers my first time white named. (Waits for the people involved to rage like children again). I was outside DWP and KoraNOOBis started talking about ganking me with Sgt (who apparently had no idea this was happening). Kora was blue, but I told Ultra about it and like 4-5 people showed up ready for the fight. Kora was STILL blue when defected one hit me from the ground, then sang to me, it was the sweetest death yet. Kora was STILL blue when over an hour later we gave up on defected and it all went to world chat. I lol'd for hours, and it started the wonderful bad blood we still have. Seems silly, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i think i remember that on world chat rofl b:chuckle
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I remember a bit before the anni packs going white named and being able to stand up to some higher leveled characters. Stun locking was actually useful then.
    Nowadays, it seems that if you go pk-on. You better be having some event gear, over refined armor and some gems in there or else a random cleric/wiz/psy/archer 1 shots you or a BM/Assassin runs towards you and puts your lights out in half a second.

I want my +30 DEF blessing b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the first time i went white was in a mass group vs group in SP. Tao vs Enrage. it was epic, and its made me pk ever since.

yuna bashing out orders like a **** lol. team work, deaths, respawning and planning repeat attempts.

i just hope HT will see this sort of pk again, because atm its essentially enrage + enrage supporting guilds who own the vast majority of the pkers who are worth fighting against.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    <.< >.> Whats Enrage? 'coughs'
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Anne remembers my first time white named. (Waits for the people involved to rage like children again). I was outside DWP and KoraNOOBis started talking about ganking me with Sgt (who apparently had no idea this was happening). Kora was blue, but I told Ultra about it and like 4-5 people showed up ready for the fight. Kora was STILL blue when defected one hit me from the ground, then sang to me, it was the sweetest death yet. Kora was STILL blue when over an hour later we gave up on defected and it all went to world chat. I lol'd for hours, and it started the wonderful bad blood we still have. Seems silly, eh?

ah i remember that...so funny!
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ernage vs caesar outside of west gate/SP was FUN those were the best times in pk mode( although enrage always ended up out numbering us, coincidentally after we were sending em all back to town b:chuckle) i have had for sure ahtoot was my hero xD there would be like 6 people on him then he would just Armageddon and a couple of em would drop and he would just slowly weed them out with Armageddon xD unfortunately that was when i had like +1 gear so i wasn't much help, besides stunning, p def de-buffing, and throwing in an Armageddon when i could.

first time i went pk was when i turned lvl 60 (not counting when i first wen pk on my blade master at lvl 30 when i first started) and i told myself i would stay in pk mode indefinitely, in hidden orchid i was helping a friend with a quest and i found this lvl 30 somethign barb in pk and he begged for his life so i didn't kill him and instead taught him how to attack since he didn't even know how to xD so we were hanging out and a veno ( wont name names not sure if they even play anymore) came by and started flaming us for being in pk mode i think they were like lvl 70-80 and as a lvl 60 i had killed higher lvl arcane classes and i had the other barb for back up so i was fairly confident that that veno would be going down, although they refused to go in pk mode, next thing i know, i see my new friend get dropped as this wolf barb drops down on us and slaughters him, then i was next and he proceeded to laugh at us as well.

i formed together a squad of noobs and we set out to find shirkahn ( the barb that killed us) it ended up as a massive pk party outside of hidden orchid with my army of noobs against shirkahn and the rest of radiance watching and cheering us on and giving us pointers as we tried to kill him, didn't work it was three barbs a bm and a wizard lvl 30-46 trying to kill shirkahn who was one of the best barbs in game at the time, or so i was told ( and also kiting us a lot), so eventually had a radiance cleric join us to help (celric) and we were abel to take him down with his help, this is what made me fall in love with pk, we were doing it for fun, and everyone was having a good time even the noobs =D some of the people that were there, celric, defected, shirkahn, um that's all i can remember (but there was a pretty large group there). lol so yeah i was in pk mode for the majority of my 60's 70's and in my late 70's is when i left pk mode until i had better gear/money for angels, because i had dropped my helm of lion spirit and almost lost it to chaching, after playing with me for a little bit pretending to ignore me and that they didn't have it they gave it back to me though b:thanks which leads me to believe that most of the time as long as you don't freak out and cuss the person out that got your item you dropped you will problem get it back if you ask nicely and stay calm b:chuckle (probably b:shutup)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7905/20090222012355.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5270/20090222014757.jpg

Not sure about singing...that doesn't sound like my style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There really can't be anymore PK wars on this server.
    Most of the PKers are in Enrage, a few here and there in other factions. And the ones who would be awesome to fight against don't ever PK.
    Best HT PK fest was at ToA, I forget which factions were there but I think it was Enrage vs Triad vs Tao or something crazy like that. This was back when Torm xForbidden (the real one..not the f@ggot who plays today) Antigone Kalia and all those guys. In total there must have been like 30 people PKing each other and it was so fun.
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I had a blast when we did this. They tried so hard and nearly pulled it off killing Shirkahn. Then after this I dueled djkinetic 4 times and beat him everytime. he got so emo it was great. Aw good times in Hidden Orchid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn