Buying armor from a vendor?

luciengrey
luciengrey Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Hey there, PWI players. I was reading over a guide from either a wizard or archer, I'm not quite sure. But anyways, they were saying that buying armor from the vendors isn't worth it, so I suppose that he said that crafting armor or getting armor from quests are better. What do ya'll think? I just need some opinions. I know that when you get higher up, it's easier to make nice crafted gear since you don't level as quickly, but when you're a lower level, it feels like there is no point since by the time you get materials for the crafting, you'll already be able to make/buy the next set. So, I need opinion(s). Thanks.
Post edited by luciengrey on

Comments

• DethByPurple - Lost City
    DethByPurple - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's okay to buy from vendors at lower levels, but at higher levels the gear gets so specialized that you'll want to craft your own or buy it from players or risk losing the edge in battle that npc gear doesn't give.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    All of your gear up until lvl 30 should be quest items. At level 30 you can get your rank armor which will hold you off till you're about 50, then start buying cheap 3* items from the AH or from boss drops. Use 3* and cheap mold gear until you're 90. The only exception is your weapon, at lvl 60+ you'll want your TT green weapon.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sckawxg - Dreamweaver
    Sckawxg - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    All of your gear up until lvl 30 should be quest items. At level 30 you can get your rank armor which will hold you off till you're about 50, then start buying cheap 3* items from the AH or from boss drops. Use 3* and cheap mold gear until you're 90. The only exception is your weapon, at lvl 60+ you'll want your TT green weapon.

What is rank armor? Mind explaining that for me? So, you feel that crafting isn't smart. I should just get armor from AH and/or boss drop armor or molds if found in FB's? Alright. Thank you. I appriciate that. Although, I'd like to know more about this rank armor which you're talking about. I know all about TT60+ weapons/armors because I've played before and I've looked over at the crafting pots near General Summer in Archosaur.
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/military-rank-equipment

Names are diffrent but its the same and not to hard to work out.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/military-rank-equipment

Names are diffrent but its the same and not to hard to work out.

better link with names and terms correct as per PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sckawxg - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    So, once I reach level 30, it will tell me to go talk to the Commander-in-chief to go get a ring, then it was saying that I'll get quests to talk to people for the other gear. Do I have to go find them or will it tell me where to go? I know that after the FB29 quest, you get some nice gear, is that Rank gear? or No? Sorry, I'm quite new to this. My highest was a 35 archer; that's it.
    edited July 2010
    So, once I reach level 30, it will tell me to go talk to the Commander-in-chief to go get a ring, then it was saying that I'll get quests to talk to people for the other gear. Do I have to go find them or will it tell me where to go? I know that after the FB29 quest, you get some nice gear, is that Rank gear? or No? Sorry, I'm quite new to this. My highest was a 35 archer; that's it.

The npc for lvl 30 rank gear is right next to the forges across from general summer. You can purchase the rank armor from the npc right next to the guy you get the rank ring from. This armor will hold you off for 10-20 levels.

For weapons, your supply stash/fb weapon will last till lvl 30ish. At that point try to craft a 2 or 3* to replace it, or check the AH for something cheap and with decent stats. Early on your gear doesn't make a whole lot of difference and it's so easy to level now that it's not worth putting any real effort. Save all your coin and shards for getting your 90 green.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    at rank 1, the NPC you get the armor from is standing right next to the commander-in-chief, in that same plaza where general summer stands. also, you don't actually have to accept the rank 1 ring just to buy and wear the rank armor --- you might not want to, since that ring isn't anything all that great. just talk to the commander-in-chief until he tells you that you can buy the rank armor, then you can go do that.

rank armor can't be had from any FB. it can only be purchased from the appropriate NPC. the FB29 reward gear is pretty nice, and might in fact be better than the rank 1 armor depending on your tastes; i'd advise you to get that, first, then decide for yourself if you want to spend the coin for the rank gear or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sckawxg - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Oh alright. Thank you guys. I appriciate the help (: So, up until level 50 or so, I should just use rank armors? Sounds good to me! :] Hahaha. Thanks again. I'll be sure to post another one if I have any other questions.
    edited July 2010
    Oh alright. Thank you guys. I appriciate the help (: So, up until level 50 or so, I should just use rank armors? Sounds good to me! :] Hahaha. Thanks again. I'll be sure to post another one if I have any other questions.

It's up to you really. Always try to get the nicest weapon you can on a budget... which would mean crafting or buying a cheap 3*... when you start getting higher level you'll know what gear can help you out or not, and you shouldn't really invest coin in gear that you'll wear for a couple days or a week or two.