Perfect World Review

Sheaex - Sanctuary
Sheaex - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
Perfect World gameplay is typical monotonous grind, quests are based around killing X monsters, or killing monsters for x item, or deliveries. Excellent character creation system, many things can be changed, such that very rarely characters will look alike. But theres no Magic in this game, its just a cold collection of Textures. No hidden places nothing to explore just a plain world with some Monsters and villages. Community is pretty friendly, although there are the annoying people who use world chat as an output for drama.

Not saying having loads of quests is bad, but at this point in the evolution of computer games you'd think we'd have evolved beyond the basic "give item X to npc Y". Where are the decisions to make, different quest endings, factions? Nope... just the same old, same old. Unless you're compulsive, you won't find much of interest after level 60. Just those **** pay-to-level quests. The official item malls give an unfair advantage to the richer folks that play, as all equipment in those shops are exclusive. Only the rich can play with good toys.

Music is nice, but there is not much variation, and gets monotonous after a while. The game itself is not bad, it's just too simple for my taste, i find it way too easy and linear, when you recieve a quest you get green text that shows you where to find the monsters you must kill, and more green text telling you where you must head to get your reward, if you can't find quests the game does it for you, it almost forces you to level.All looks and very little substance. Basically just a shinier version of the traditional asian grindfest. That's not enough reason to play it if you normally avoid those kinds of games

now with the implementations of Hyper EXP stones the grinding is out, but this is the reviews perfect world gets on EVERY site i see
Post edited by Sheaex - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you don't like the game or its content then don't play it? Just a thought. O_o
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Sheaex - Sanctuary
    Sheaex - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i dont hate it, hhm should have put this in quotations, this is the reviews ppl have on perfect world
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If it's not your review you should really link to and give credit to the person who made it. Plagiarism is actually illegal, you know? It's more commonly known as theft.

Anyway, this aside.

PWI used to be a great game, but really the poor stacking of -int and the ability to merchant or cash shop to high heaven has broken a lot, not counting things like the latest Jones blessing and other such things. A lot of poor decisions on the part of the company have brought this game to a serious conflict:

The base of players who are unhappy and want change because this game used to be better, more balanced and had more variety. (BH x 3 every day isn't variety folks.)

The base of players who cry "like it or GTFO" because they either don't know the way the game was before or simply just feel like they're better then everybody else because apparently complaining about all the poor decisions is the wrong thing to do.

This huge split in the community has really severed a lot of what this game was, and while it's still a wonderful game and while you can still find a lot of fun things to do on it, more and more bugs are cropping up, the split in the community becomes a bigger void with each passing sale/event and the game becomes more and more repetitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    to be honest here when the game was a grind fest it was alot more fun.
    i used to play hL and crashing grind parties was gre8, the amount of glitches and poblems has been getting worst.
    now i have never had this happen to me but i am rubber banding like mad, and apparently its the only challenge in the game b:laugh, Nirvana takes under 30minutes to do. TT mats and gears are easily bought with chips, everything is now monotonous
    log on→dailies→TT/FC→event→tt/FC→event→TT/FC→log off
    thats practically everyones schedule
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • DethByPurple - Lost City
    DethByPurple - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It seems like every time I look at a news article on the site, all the comments consist of wanting to quit because the game is becoming too easy. Personally I like a challenge, and there are plenty of things the company has done wrong, but this game is far better than the majority of MMO's out there, especially in terms of character customization. I can understand getting bored of grinding and your daily routine, but at least there's more to this game than leveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    thats absoluty my opinion too
    +1mil for that post!
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If your main character is lvl 4, I think you havent been playing long enough to discover all the things the game has. Yes, the quests may get boring after a while, but there are dungeon runs and TW.s etc etc.. I think the game only starts after lvl 60...
    Before that you're most of the time busy with killing X mobs (especially before lvl 30)..
    So if your bored after only 4 levels you shouldn't play the game... If you would like to know how it really is, play some more and write a review after your lvl 40 or so, see if your opinion has changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]