End the dissuction (Finally)

Options
Runemine - Dreamweaver
Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Blademaster
Okay everyone's been yelling on how to me BM Fist-Demon Sage-Axe builds gear blah blah blah.

Can everyone agree to just drop it and everyone can play there own way and if someone asks for tips give what you think no yell at anyone else tips.

The BM forum has been spammed beyond belief with this stuff so everyone should stop the yelling and just play and answer questions and get along.

Now lets get along and no more arguing about Fist/Axe/Sage/Demon/pole or Swords
101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
86 Assassin(Solo king)
76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
67 Barb(Buff baby)
61 Wizard(King Aoe)
37 Mystic(Fun project)
Post edited by Runemine - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Okay everyone's been yelling on how to me BM Fist-Demon Sage-Axe builds gear blah blah blah.

Can everyone agree to just drop it and everyone can play there own way and if someone asks for tips give what you think no yell at anyone else tips.

The BM forum has been spammed beyond belief with this stuff so everyone should stop the yelling and just play and answer questions and get along.

Now lets get along and no more arguing about Fist/Axe/Sage/Demon/pole or Swords

so on a fourum made for discussion of the bm class we should not talk about

stat builds

weapon skills/choices

sage/demon and how it affects our class

gear setups and how to maximize our toons

...so next topic...happy bunnies...they are fun to hit with fists...which are better than axes
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If someone seeks to be effective with their character and someone else says something stupid--like go fist/sword--then it's other people's job to point out what is wrong with that idea. That's not arguing. The only time we can't get along is if one wants to argue every time someone points out flaws in his "tips" given to other players because he doesn't realize he's the one being stubborn.

Besides if one wanted to play their toon their own way, there is no need to come to forums for advice. They come here because they want to be better at their class. Or troll.
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tldr;

who is being disected? that is all i could get from the title dissuction? either that or it's the reverse of a popular intimate sexual practice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you want to be completely wrong, that's your prerogative. If you can look at all the information and make a completely stupid decision, that's entirely your call. The problem emerges when you try to convince other players (who might not know any better) to follow your wrong path.

People come to the forums for advice, and often it's the people who view without posting who are using the advice the most. I would hate for a new player to see someone post something absolutely absurd and have nobody challenge it.
    :3
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This poll fails because it is not multiple choice. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If someone seeks to be effective with their character and someone else says something stupid--like go fist/sword--then it's other people's job to point out what is wrong with that idea. That's not arguing. The only time we can't get along is if one wants to argue every time someone points out flaws in his "tips" given to other players because he doesn't realize he's the one being stubborn.

Besides if one wanted to play their toon their own way, there is no need to come to forums for advice. They come here because they want to be better at their class. Or troll.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm a 96 Sword/Fist Bm and I'm pretty good at both PVE and PVP and most of the time I win my matches against people the same or high lvls than me, so, I'm wouldn't go as far as to call people "stupid" just because they want to play as they like.
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm a 96 Sword/Fist Bm and I'm pretty good at both PVE and PVP and most of the time I win my matches against people the same or high lvls than me, so, I'm wouldn't go as far as to call people "stupid" just because they want to play as they like.

What do you DO as a sword BM? Show me what sword skills you use and I'll show you a thousand better alternatives.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What do you DO as a sword BM? Show me what sword skills you use and I'll show you a thousand better alternatives.

Well, what I stated is a fact, if there is better or worst skills, I don't really care. As long as I can handle PVP and PVE with my current build, I really don't see any reason to restat and reskill my BM.

Peace
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

wow, a bit arrogant.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wow, a bit arrogant.

What's arrogant about that? It's not like I MADE the skills myself - I've got no pride attached to them.

Look, the common argument seems to be "I do just fine with swords." Fists are clearly best used for DPS. Axes are clearly best for AOEs. Spears are obviously useful for farstrike alone (demon adds usefulness to glacial spike and meteor rush). So show me something that swords can consistently do better than any other weapon.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The only thing they really offer that other paths can't is MSS . And it's a sword. I like swords. To bad they weren't a better weapon/skill path. They would have more value. Doesn't mean you can't make them work though.

It seems to me PW needs to reevaluate the skill trees and perhaps update them. Modifying skills, getting rid of skills, adding new ones.

Its too bad that skills in the tree depend on collecting items in the game and spending mass amounts of coin. This hinders their ability or their desire to make changes

I have a dream that one day PW will realize the value of improving the game for all and balancing class's, skills, equipment, stats and stat requirements. And that by doing so they will improve the quality of the game. (of course there will be those who complain, but that's always going to go on.)

That a PvP system would be enabled that would be accessible to all. (arena??) Perhaps even across servers. (Variety would be nice. Capture the flag. King of the hill, Slayer, etc..) With out the danger of losing hard earned gear. (yeah i know we have the lock. But who wants to lock yourself from doing anything for hours just to PvP. I find it annoying. A game shouldn't have so many restrictions to having fun)

The ability to improve gear should be an enjoyable and rewarding process.

I digress....sorry.....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah, what they SHOULD have done is given sword BMs some kind of shield - it would have went along with the concept of MSS as a defensive skill, and they could have had the other sword skills be more defensive as well.

But, y'know, they didn't, so we've just got this gimped weapon path that can't really do anything as well as the other three options.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A shield would have been great.

My imagination soars....BM with shields, aggro skills to hold aggro.....b:surrender
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "No,What i say is right so you shut up" *picks*

bm w/o axes fails
    highlvl bm with only axes fails too D:

simple like that

tell me, how do u spam aoes with only swords and fists D:?

oh i saw bms with swords (90) doing a pretty nice job on bosses, barbs had no chance after demon spark xd

ps: my bardmaster is lvl 22 so im kinda pro and kno what im talking bout :P
    i like potato
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »

I didn't call anyone stupid. But the combination of fists/sword makes no sense to me. If someone comes here looking for advices as to how to be an effective BM, I will advocate against fist/sword. It's ultimately up to them to decide, but I will mention flaws with the concept. It's like a warning sign on back of pill bottles.
  • Moobyhex - Lost City
    Moobyhex - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why do BM's limit themselves to only 2 paths endgame?
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't see why they would or should. Personally, i use all 4 :D
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why do BM's limit themselves to only 2 paths endgame?

Cost effectiveness I suppose. Investing in four endgame weapons when you only really need two for specific purposes is kinda expensive.

I have weapons/skills for each skill tree though, skills picked both for specific purposes and yeah...for fun/visual effects sometimes.

The sword skill tree is rather limited in its usefulness, though I wouldn't call those who choose this path a 'fail'. It just so happens that some of the decent-to-great players put their preferences on top of what's deemed as necessary and far more useful by others. Not much point trying to contradict them since they probably already know and still want to go ahead with it.

If they choose to have fun with a weapon path they like, rather than to feel like they're just doing a job in a path they don't like, I don't see why we shouldn't respect them for their choices.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    imagine a BM without axes in Frost or Rebirth
    i like potato
  • ICEsmoke - Harshlands
    ICEsmoke - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Play the game how u want, me personaly use main Poleblade because they are fun to play and second Axes but when it comes to swords errr never realy seen them as a threat, i mean what player can handle the ultimate poleblade/axe combo, Demon DG+ Demon GlaicalSpike+Trueemptiness+any other skill ya wanna throw in while the skills are cranking it ****ing owns man that combo lolz and for fist err click and point kills boring olny use in F9w Oo
    Im about to bust my pole up yo **** hole