- Chan wonder.

Options
KanariaRose - Archosaur
KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Psychic
So my psy is just a side project at the moment...the character i play when i dont want to play the main or the alt, but i'll ask this anyway for if i make her more serious ever.

Is - chan worth anything on a psy? Our channels are already incredibly fast, so -20% of .5 secs is going to be a lot less than -20 of a spell that takes 4 secs to channel like on a wiz or cleric.

So -chan gear or no?
Post edited by KanariaRose - Archosaur on

Comments

• LiquidAcid - Lost City
    LiquidAcid - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Some chan is fine but dont go to high on it. U want to think either more magic or crits, maybe even just combine the 2. Maybe 18% chan is as high as u want to go but at the end it's ur choice. Then again at lvl 99 I have my TT99 set I made for my veno (veno going HA again >:D)that I will put on my psy. I will have around -33% chan and +18% crit but its extra stats from the gears.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    personally, I don't weigh it very heavily, though if I used stone smasher more, I would... But that's probably a little ways off for you anyhow, early on, I value crit much higher than channeling, currently, I've balanced it out a bit -21 chan and +13% crit
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You have some skills where channeling gear can matter (Bubble of Life, Aqua Cannon, Red Tide, Disturb Soul, Soulburn, Soul of Vengeance, I think and your level 100 skills) and others where it is not useless.
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Channeling gear is okay if it happens to come as a bonus on gear that has better. It's not worth focusing on when you play a Psychic. We spend most of our time stuck in the cast animation anyway, making -chan adds do even less for our already speedy channel skills. It's only a handful of skills that make some -chan useful, but it really isn't worth much attention.

Personally, I play a pure build. So I'd rather pick up crit, vit, and mag gear. If some of the aforementioned gear just happens to have -chan adds also, then cool. But I'm not sweating it if it doesn't.