Server maintenance hu?

Leverage, Dexter, Burn Notice or Doctor Who

Decisions decisions.....

even better
    Something Something Something Dark-side
    probably the best parody of starwars ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    even better
    Something Something Something Dark-side
    probably the best parody of starwars ever

I need to catch up on all the episodes I missed during college. I swore I would get caught up by the end of summer.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I watched the last episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Enjoyed the series but there are none left....

What will I do?

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    I watched the last episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Enjoyed the series but there are none left....

What will I do?

b:cry

Hunt down the abridged series. And if there isn't one...........

Well, Trigun is cool.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]

• Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    yay server maintenance :O

Yes, love the word plethora. There's always a plethora of good words out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Server maintenance hu?

Leverage, Dexter, Burn Notice or Doctor Who

Decisions decisions.....
    Dr. emo b:surrender me likes the previous doc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Dr. emo b:surrender me likes the previous doc
    I'm a Tom Baker fan myself. Still, we have to wait until Christmas 2010 for a new "Doctor Who"?!? b:cry

Anyways, ridiculously early manual patch link: Patch 356-358 (9.2 MB)

NOTE: I don't recommend installing that until the servers go down for maintainance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands
    ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wonder what content we might be getting today. b:bored

new cash shop items b:chuckle
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Can we get bug fixes this time? PLEASE!
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Can we get bug fixes this time? PLEASE!

PWI does bug fixes!?!?

*Laughs uncontrollably*

• /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    PWI does bug fixes!?!?

*Laughs uncontrollably*

A man can dreamb:surrender
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ok, some1 said kanto is a tiger and attracted me here.

KANTO IS A CHICKEN and he knows it =D

anyway.. was just trying to find a excuse for this.

i though you knew about it... uh, you dont? Then you should know it
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    ok, some1 said kanto is a tiger and attracted me here.

KANTO IS A CHICKEN and he knows it =D

anyway.. was just trying to find a excuse for this.

i though you knew about it... uh, you dont? Then you should know it
    Oh god -_-
  • sangodoc
    edited July 2010
    PWI does bug fixes!?!?

*Laughs uncontrollably*
    FYI, there were *10* fixes in the last patch notes. Yeah, mostly simple text and display issues in that one, but there have been several nice bug fixes lately, such as the Tideborn face color fix for ATI video cards.

You're not going to get all bugs fixed in one shot, and some are long overdue, but that doesn't mean that the fixes they've made recently don't exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    FYI, there were *10* fixes in the last patch notes. Yeah, mostly simple text and display issues in that one, but there have been several nice bug fixes lately, such as the Tideborn face color fix for ATI video cards.

You're not going to get all bugs fixed in one shot, and some are long overdue, but that doesn't mean that the fixes they've made recently don't exist.
    Lol lighten up, I'm pretty sure that was just a joke about how late some bug fixes like rubberbanding are.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    I'm aware that there have been major bug fixes before and I'm not undermining that. There are, however, long standing bugs that have never been fixed and don't look like they're going to be fixed anytime soon.

Besides, it's an old and overused joke that is always pulled out on the maintenance thread. Doesn't stop me from using it.

• sangodoc
    edited July 2010
    Lol lighten up, I'm pretty sure that was just a joke about how late some bug fixes like rubberbanding are.
    I worked for several years as a programmer and with other programmers, plus I did tech support for the software, so I might be a little sensitive to people complaining about no bug fixes, despite the actual work done putting out bug fixes. It's a shame when the programmers work to fix bugs, and then the users say they aren't doing anything.

As for rubberbanding specifically, that won't ever be completely fixed. They might be able to improve it a bit, make it a bit more forgiving, but due to people who use client side exploits for things like infinite jumps, the code required to prevent that **** will always cause some rubberbanding due to the time lag between server and client. The fault there goes more to the jerks who use exploits, thus forcing them to add this ****-protection, than to the developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I worked for several years as a programmer and with other programmers, plus I did tech support for the software, so I might be a little sensitive to people complaining about no bug fixes, despite the actual work done putting out bug fixes. It's a shame when the programmers work to fix bugs, and then the users say they aren't doing anything.

As for rubberbanding specifically, that won't ever be completely fixed. They might be able to improve it a bit, make it a bit more forgiving, but due to people who use client side exploits for things like infinite jumps, the code required to prevent that **** will always cause some rubberbanding due to the time lag between server and client. The fault there goes more to the jerks who use exploits, thus forcing them to add this ****-protection, than to the developers.

Programming is hardcore, believe me. I took a programming course and I'm never taking it again. -.-'

I was struggling to make a Tic-Tac-Toe program lol.

That's why I never bother posting 'Can we please get a bug fix?' because finding errors is not easy. And when they find a solution, it will probably be implemented. I know it's hard for people to be patient because some of them are really irritating but asking all the time won't get anything fixed unless they come up with a solution. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010

This is not true

Code is just code I have my Bachelors in computer science and I can tell you that yes , rubberbanding can be fixed. So they may have to write a new code ..... whats the problem? Rubberbanding is something which i have only experienced in lesser games. Games of the quality of PWI should have this problem fixed as well as other problems that are long overdue. Does it take time to fix a problem, sure it does , but these problems have been there for a long time. The problem is that fixing something like rubberband is not easy and requires a programmer to dedicate some time to it and that means money.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm aware that there have been major bug fixes before and I'm not undermining that. There are, however, long standing bugs that have never been fixed and don't look like they're going to be fixed anytime soon.

Besides, it's an old and overused joke that is always pulled out on the maintenance thread. Doesn't stop me from using it.

It's a very bad joke, imo. Brace for a serious speech:

Last MMO I played sucked BALLS. Like, we had about 8 skills that simply didn't work. Imagine skills like Force of Will and Psychic Will simply not working. That'd be pretty damn disappointing, wouldn't it? There was also another skill held by the assassin class that was supposed to reduce enemy accuracy by 85% for 5 seconds. Problem was...the duration was glitched. The blind effect would stay on until you relogged your character. To this day, I don't believe that skill has been fixed, and it's been over four years.
    Despite this, if you went to the officials and complained about this, you'd be met with tons of players calling you an ungrateful ****. "U SHULD BE GRATEFUL THEY ALLOW US 2 PLEY DIS GAME 4 FREE!! U UNGRATEFUL ****!" I might also add that a fair amount of criticism presented was done in a civil way, without petty insults like what you call a joke.
    Another interesting thing to add is the cash shop system there. Here we have mirages to upgrade your gear, and with patience, you can get to +5 on pure luck. Afterwards, it's time to get out the cash shop, and you use it to get a hold of items that make your next refine succeed 100% of the time.
    The last game? If a refine fails, your item is destroyed forever. No seriously, that was it. The only way to prevent this from happening is by using a cash shop item. The cash shop item prevents it from being destroyed, but does NOT guarentee a successful refine. The result is you need thousands of these to upgrade a set.
    Also, clothing for in-game? How much is it here? Cause in that other game, game clothing was always $20+.
    PWI also has regular events. Never got that in that last game. Every update was CS and CS alone.

The mod team here? They don't lock anything. Only time something gets locked is if it's very obviously breaking a rule. Kudos to them. Despite this, everyone says "ya I don't like the mods. OMG GUYS INb4LOCK"
    The other game? Complaints got locked. No really, they would just lock your thread if you said a glitch sucks balls or something.

Then I come here and I see a balanced PVP system with very minor bugs that are being worked on, a balanced economy (played PWI like a year ago for a bit, rejoined about four months ago. To my amazement the prices of stuff are the same as they were back then) a fair CS system and regular events and updates. I also might add that while changes like the DQ prices may not be popular, they at least show that the dev team is THINKING. They see a problem and they address it in a way they feel neccesary, whether the community likes it or not. The last MMO I played is failing horribly because every decision they ever made was out of pure blind greed.
    Despite all this, I come here, and what are the officials filled with?

Non-stop nagging about how greedy and horrible the Perfect World developers are.

And that, everyone, is why people are idiots. b:laugh
    I <3 AGOREY
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Some bugs are limited to the game mechanics, and the game mechanics are limited to the technology it was built on as well as the programmer's abilities.

Although it would be nice if they can tell us the issues cannot and will not be solved any time soon, or ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I can get over the bugs. The only one that bugs (pun, haha) me is how the aegis spirit buff runs out faster than it says. I just re-buff.

PWI is doing a way better job than a lot of MMO's of keeping up with the bug fixing. I <3 you guys for keeping me interested in a game for this long. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's a very bad joke, imo. Brace for a serious speech:

Last MMO I played sucked BALLS. Like, we had about 8 skills that simply didn't work. Imagine skills like Force of Will and Psychic Will simply not working. That'd be pretty damn disappointing, wouldn't it? There was also another skill held by the assassin class that was supposed to reduce enemy accuracy by 85% for 5 seconds. Problem was...the duration was glitched. The blind effect would stay on until you relogged your character. To this day, I don't believe that skill has been fixed, and it's been over four years.
    Despite this, if you went to the officials and complained about this, you'd be met with tons of players calling you an ungrateful ****. "U SHULD BE GRATEFUL THEY ALLOW US 2 PLEY DIS GAME 4 FREE!! U UNGRATEFUL ****!" I might also add that a fair amount of criticism presented was done in a civil way, without petty insults like what you call a joke.
    Another interesting thing to add is the cash shop system there. Here we have mirages to upgrade your gear, and with patience, you can get to +5 on pure luck. Afterwards, it's time to get out the cash shop, and you use it to get a hold of items that make your next refine succeed 100% of the time.
    The last game? If a refine fails, your item is destroyed forever. No seriously, that was it. The only way to prevent this from happening is by using a cash shop item. The cash shop item prevents it from being destroyed, but does NOT guarentee a successful refine. The result is you need thousands of these to upgrade a set.
    Also, clothing for in-game? How much is it here? Cause in that other game, game clothing was always $20+.
    PWI also has regular events. Never got that in that last game. Every update was CS and CS alone.

The mod team here? They don't lock anything. Only time something gets locked is if it's very obviously breaking a rule. Kudos to them. Despite this, everyone says "ya I don't like the mods. OMG GUYS INb4LOCK"
    The other game? Complaints got locked. No really, they would just lock your thread if you said a glitch sucks balls or something.

Then I come here and I see a balanced PVP system with very minor bugs that are being worked on, a balanced economy (played PWI like a year ago for a bit, rejoined about four months ago. To my amazement the prices of stuff are the same as they were back then) a fair CS system and regular events and updates. I also might add that while changes like the DQ prices may not be popular, they at least show that the dev team is THINKING. They see a problem and they address it in a way they feel neccesary, whether the community likes it or not. The last MMO I played is failing horribly because every decision they ever made was out of pure blind greed.
    Despite all this, I come here, and what are the officials filled with?

Non-stop nagging about how greedy and horrible the Perfect World developers are.

And that, everyone, is why people are idiots. b:laugh
    LOL

From ur wall of text : U SHULD BE GRATEFUL THEY ALLOW US 2 PLEY DIS GAME 4 FREE!! U UNGRATEFUL ****!"

Your last line of text : Non-stop nagging about how greedy and horrible the Perfect World developers are.

You could add that line under your last line and it would flow. There is an old saying.. if your not part of the solution.....
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    b:surrender

Before you ask, yes I read your wall-o-text, I'm not gonna quote the entire thing.

I know it's a terrible horrible thing on my part to say, and I am well aware that not everything can be fixed ASAP due to a ton of other ****. My dad does IT and programming support for a living, and sometimes you just shrug your shoulders and tell people "it's technology."

But when the bug fix question pops up on the maintenance thread......

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it and exploit it myself.

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    kanel321 wrote: »
    LOL

From ur wall of text : U SHULD BE GRATEFUL THEY ALLOW US 2 PLEY DIS GAME 4 FREE!! U UNGRATEFUL ****!"

Your last line of text : Non-stop nagging about how greedy and horrible the Perfect World developers are.

You could add that line under your last line and it would flow. There is an old saying.. if your not part of the solution.....

Hey don't get me wrong. I'm all for criticism, and I didn't mean to say I think people should be thankful they "LET US" play this game; I'll disagree with that philosophy no matter what free2play MMO we're talking about. I hate the rubberband problem too, and I myself have complained about how archer mobs ALWAYS get a shot off when they die. That's incredibly annoying for mages, who at low levels can really only take three shots from an archer mob anyways. It means they have to kill the mob without getting hit twice.

However, if you've got a girl standing in front of a mansion, being given her 2nd car for her 17th birthday and she's constantly nagging and saying "Omg only a Miata, I have the worst parents ever," then yeah that's where criticism gets ridiculous.

Take it from a guy from an MMO that's the equivalent of an orphanage with some jackass yelling at me for requesting seconds of a crappy microwave TV dinner.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • sangodoc
    edited July 2010
    kanel321 wrote: »
    This is not true

Code is just code I have my Bachelors in computer science and I can tell you that yes , rubberbanding can be fixed. So they may have to write a new code ..... whats the problem?
    I also have a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (and just a few credits shy of a Cognitive Science/Artificial Intelligence degree as well), however, how much real-time server-client data verification and correction code have you worked on? I haven't done a lot myself, admittedly, but I know enough to say that it's a real pain to get it to work smoothly without creating a lot of wiggle-room for potential hacks. Keep in mind that communications between the client and server can lag sometimes for to several seconds or even be lost entirely. Getting the client to match where the server thinks it should be can be very tricky with that lag, especially if you can't completely trust the client.

That's the problem, in a nutshell.

Like I said, I agree that they could probably make the rubberbanding less of a problem, but I don't think they could eliminate it entirely.

As for other games, how common are things like jump hacks in those games? If they don't have ****-checks for that kind of stuff, then that would easily explain the absence of rubberbanding in them. Cheaters using jump hacks have made that kind of thing impossible in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:angry GOLDMANE?! THE MOUNT I LOOKED FORWARD AND WORKED HARD TO GET FOR OVER A YEAR IS NOW ADDED INTO BOUTIQUE?! b:angryb:angry

THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!! AAAARGGGG!!!

Thank you for making me cry seriously...
    Now seems that working hard for something is worthless if you have a credit card. You know what? I dont care anymore.

Next that will be added into boutique:

Lunar Glade Insignias (worth 45m+ atm)
    Dark Lord (worth over 60m)
    Dark Negation (worth over 60m)
    Mammoth (worth over 25m)
    Nirvana Gear

Just do it now, please do.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    b:angry GOLDMANE?! THE MOUNT I LOOKED FORWARD AND WORKED HARD TO GET FOR OVER A YEAR IS NOW ADDED INTO BOUTIQUE?! b:angryb:angry

Now seems that working hard for something is worthless if you have a credit card. You know what? I dont care anymore.

Wait....

WHAT!!!

*Runs off to look at site news*

Wow, a new level of low here we come. =___=

At least they put a limit on how many can be purchased. May the best credit card win.

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I want a GM to reply to this please.

WHY?!. . . SERIOUSLY WHY?! dont come with "it was requested" if we request nirvana to be for sale for 1 gold would you do it?! b:angry

You do know this mount was worth 50m before all the sales things came out correct? Now with the packs that have came up with those eggs they dropped down to 30-40m, now with this sale they will be worth less than 15m... i still cant believe you did this... yes im pissed and im even crying of how upset im with this.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2010

this was how i felt when the precious silver mane was put in teh shop for 20g.. after i spent months doing DQ and about 75 dollars to finish getting it as a christmas gift to myself back in 08

with this.. i am just sad.. but not suprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]