your opinion?

Options
Demi - Harshlands
Demi - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
stopped playing pwi just after tideborn expansion, comp couldent cope,just got a new one so looking to start a mmo, would you advise this or BoI? thanks.
Post edited by Demi - Harshlands on

Comments

• DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That depends on your playing preferences but personally I would advise PWI over BoI for both game play and graphics. Or you could have both....giving them both a try until you decide which one to dedicate your time on is a good idea. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BoI was way too sloppy if you ask me. Just mindlessly doing tons of dailies with almost no depth in the game at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demi - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That depends on your playing preferences but personally I would advise PWI over BoI for both game play and graphics. Or you could have both....giving them both a try until you decide which one to dedicate your time on is a good idea. b:cool

Finally a reply lol...
    Just finished downloading pwi.
    Ive been playing BoI last few days, must say, gameplay is ok but from what ive read on forums, the pvp system is completley lame.
    Not to mention the fact ALOT of people rate it as 100% cash shop 0% skill, something which I dont remember pwi being.
    Im really just looking for a game with a good pvp system and one that dosent require spending thousands of dollars to be able to kill a pixelated character lol.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I haven't played many MMO's other than PWI that I liked.

BoI being in 2.5D just irritated the hell out of me, I didn't even finish playing the entire beta.

I currently have LastChaos sitting somewhere on my computer, I haven't played it much or often, so I can't really give a very through opinion of it. But from what I have played so far, I liked it.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Demi - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ive only ever played a game called Conquer Online, was the fuking **** for about 5years until they introduced item mall and pay to win. (CO was a 2.5d game so not too fussed)
    I just want a game with good pvp and a GOOD/FUN COMMUNITY :/
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BoI was horrible.
  • Demi - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    in 38 lvls on boi i havent spoke to one other player nor heard one speak (except world chat) lol...am seriously thinking uninstall and play pwi lol...
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah....BoI is a very unsocial game even by my standards....and the WC is hardly 'amusing' at the best. And the forum community is a lot worse.... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fudgesicles
    fudgesicles Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ive only ever played a game called Conquer Online, was the fuking **** for about 5years until they introduced item mall and pay to win. (CO was a 2.5d game so not too fussed)
    I just want a game with good pvp and a GOOD/FUN COMMUNITY :/

water tao ftw b:chuckle (and it has gotten to whoever pays the most gets the most)

I been reading a lot of reviews on PWI and it seems they have a similar problem but most reviews state that PWI has great graphics and that you will have fun playing it

I finally come to the conclusion that MMORPGs are not great for a person who wishes to reach "THE END" of a game b:surrender

Now I just look for a game that isn't grinding and more on fun that involves groups seems like PWI have territory wars which imo sounds pretty fun :b
  • Demi - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    water tao ftw b:chuckle (and it has gotten to whoever pays the most gets the most)

I been reading a lot of reviews on PWI and it seems they have a similar problem but most reviews state that PWI has great graphics and that you will have fun playing it

I finally come to the conclusion that MMORPGs are not great for a person who wishes to reach "THE END" of a game b:surrender

Now I just look for a game that isn't grinding and more on fun that involves groups seems like PWI have territory wars which imo sounds pretty fun :b

ahhh water tao...brings back some great memories from between 2003-2008 lol.
    too bad the devs never really know how good of a game they have until its too late.
    Never got the chance to do a TW as the cap was 50 for harshlands when it started and quit just before getting there....i do hope its as fun as the guilds wars we use to have back on CO.
    Guess ill be playing PWI till FW or TERA comes out..
    Now comes the fun part, spending hours deciding what class to be...woop woop.b:shocked
  • KoSPro - Lost City
    KoSPro - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Not to mention the fact ALOT of people rate it as 100% cash shop 0% skill, something which I dont remember pwi being.

So i guess you think pwi is more about skill huh?

Do you still believe in Santa Claus too?

Its been a long while since pwi was more about skill... those days are over.

But GL.b:victory
    QQ because im posting on an alt and not my main?

Who cares, get over it.
  • ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands
    ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So i guess you think pwi is more about skill huh?

Do you still believe in Santa Claus too?

Its been a long while since pwi was more about skill... those days are over.

But GL.b:victory

+OVER9000!!!
    i hope they wont fu.ck up Forsaken world b:surrender