tank build for pk?

neodaedalus
neodaedalus Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
Can a tank build barbarian be good pking? or are they only good for tank?
Post edited by neodaedalus on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if your a tank build barb, that means you have massive hp storage. Which means if you go PK, all you need to do is arma and you win. XD
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Not....quite
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I agree not quite......Tanks do indeed have massive hp storage...but for tanks its more how the set up their gear then just their stats...

We Barbs have low accuracy so if your gonna pk get something high in accuracy. Also Think about the kinda weapon you will be using...Calamity axes are always good for raw power and you can trade em up later for another set with the same capabiliies...for some reason the name escapes me X3. Then your armor set up is just as important. High magic and phy def is your best pet because your gonna encounter alot of magic class pkers. And they hurt in Pvp. Lastly skill employment.....what skills are you gonna plan on using and take into account all your skills and what they do...and choose the best strategy for you.... There is more but i think you need to find that out for yourself. But dont be too shy about just dueling for awhile sometimes its the best way to get your skills up that you want to use. Mostly....dont take sh*t too personally its just a game.... Have fun and see you in game!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well, barbs aren't meant to be a PK class.. Furthermore, if you go tank build that limits the small amount of damage we do anyway.. Ofcourse, this applies to early levels; not 89+..

Here's a noteworthy point - till 89 an axe bm and barb stat almost the same to accommodate current lvl axes and hammers. The BM would have a slightly higher p.atk because of their increase in p.atk with str is higher. But what makes the biggest difference is their damage skills. While we have skills to break armor, stun, a knockback aoe and an evasion decreasing skills, the BMs in turn have very useful stuns, amplifiers, and massive attacks.

Ofcourse, alot of this changes when barbs get to 89 and choose a path. So, ultimately, barbs aren't really much of a PK class till 89 (assuming we are against worthy opponents with comparable gear).

And about our massive attack - Armageddon - let me know how you fare when you miss on an archer or tickle a BM or meet a wiz who keeps you at a distance or a veno who knows how to kite or a cleric who knows how to put you to sleep. b:laugh
  • RafiTheBear - Lost City
    RafiTheBear - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i am tank build i coulnd pvp untill lvl 77 when i got my mist ring witch increase my acc
    untill then i just miss and for that moument i became great pvp player with massive HP pool and all max skill make fear some barb the only class i have trouble with pk is veno there damn bramble too strong rest class i can handle easy BM,wiz,sin.cleric,psych.archer,other barbs lol but at the end what game stayle sut u
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Actually there is a way to beat bramblehood.......you gotta be in tank form when you do it.

Lol i know no barb likes to do this but kite their fluffy butts. As long as they can't hit you your fine even their nix(should they have one) should have a hard time catching you. Now its important that you are able to tell what the symbol for Bramblehood is. That is Key to beating them. That skill of theres only last for a very short while you just got to last that long. If your really worried about it use invoke the spirit. When their bramblehood wears out holypath right on top of em. It works trust me i have used it before. Now is it foolproof....no. No strategy is but plz come up with more ideas to tackle em.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm Bramble Hood doesn't work in open PvP/PKing. It works only in duels.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm Bramble Hood doesn't work in open PvP/PKing. It works only in duels.

It works in TW last I checked. That's open pvp.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The damage reduction always works.
    It works in TW last I checked. That's open pvp.

.... Not quite. There are certain things that work in TW that don't in open PvP and vice versa. Try using your veno, going white, and activating hood at west gate while a fist BM punches you. Damage reduction will still be there but the reflect? Not so much.

Oh and try not to get 1-shot through hood as that defeats the purpose. b:laugh