Why no 2x exp for pets?

Options
Allisandre - Sanctuary
Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Just throwing it out there. Since we are leveling twice as fast, shouldn't our pets level faster as well?
Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
There are those who panic,
And then there is us.
~ Sarah Jane Smith
Post edited by Allisandre - Sanctuary on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    EXP gain for pets is hard capped at 15 per kill, so even if they doubled the pet EXP monsters gave, you'd still only get 15 at the most and the change would only be noticed if your pet was below 500 loyalty or you were grinding on lower leveled mobs.

That, plus the fact that the only pets that have any difficulty leveling are water pets (and most venos will ignore them or, at best, only use a temporary one) makes a 2x boost to pet EXP kinda pointless.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Could be useful. I don't see any point not doing this other than the fact that it's not easy to program.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    because you can level a herc to like 90 from level 1 in a few days with cube room 4, no such thing for the poor players
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    because you can level a herc to like 90 from level 1 in a few hours with cube room 4, no such thing for the poor players

Fixed. It's boring and repetitive but doable.

But in general, the only way to do this is to recode pet EXP to change the hard cap from 15 exp per mob (at max) to 30. Then they'd also have to change it so mobs were capable of giving 20 EXP at max instead of 10. After that, they'd have to have some way to either enable/disable these settings at will.... or they'd have to constantly change the source code during 2x events. The latter isn't worth the bother, and the former isn't something the devs would bother with for a version of the game they don't really seem to care much about.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just throwing it out there. Since we are leveling twice as fast, shouldn't our pets level faster as well?

Fist at all you are lv52, I assume that you have your pets as same level like you.

Once you reached into more high level you will be able to leveling your pet without leveling your chara. He will reached at full exp bar before you does!

This show Lazyness lol!!

One of the best way to make coins for low level venos with no TT farm runs is leveling pets!!!

If you are a few smart you can easy level up your pet faster, just find the best mobs to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't know why but I enjoy cube room 4 :D

It's time consuming but worth it and I don't find it boring b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Personally, I don't really have any problems with room 4.

Unfortunately, my friends know this about me and it tends to lead to them having me level their pets for them.... one of these days I should "accidentally" NPC one of their pets that uses rare skill scrolls....
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yep Yep :)
    I can lvl my nix, my herc and my water pet all before I reach the next lvl myself. The exp a pet needs to lvl is much lower than that of the character. As soon as I lvl, I catch all three of my pets up to my char and then fill their bar so they are ready to level again as soon as I do.

And I have never been in cube, its pretty easy with just grinding.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Could be useful. I don't see any point not doing this other than the fact that it's not easy to program.

It's trivial, actually. Simply apply the 2x AFTER the capping.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    That, plus the fact that the only pets that have any difficulty leveling are water pets (and most venos will ignore them or, at best, only use a temporary one) makes a 2x boost to pet EXP kinda pointless.

When you hit level 101, you'll change your mind I'm sure. I'm struggling just to keep the Nix and Herc up.
    Lylfo wrote:
    because you can level a herc to like 90 from level 1 in a few days with cube room 4, no such thing for the poor players

I've leveled quite a bit of pets without the cube, it was faster, much more profitable, and less boring.

I think it would be nice if we could level our pets the same way we do our Genies. They could get XP every time we do just for being summoned rather than just when we don over half damage. They could get it from our SP, or XP cubes as well. When y'all reach 101 you'll likely want this too.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i always have a number of pets who i would like to have at my level-variety is the spice of life, they say- so my system is to level up, take out a different pet, level, rinse and repeat till all are at my level.
    I don't know why but I enjoy cube room 4 :D

It's time consuming but worth it and I don't find it boring b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Uh, pets already level faster than you, if you actually kill mobs, and are incredibly easy and quick to level up already. Don't see why it needs to be even faster.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Try lvl 100 Glow Worms on RT. They have like 100 HP and are flying mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Try lvl 100 Glow Worms on RT. They have like 100 HP and are flying mobs.

They run away too much and makes it take forever. I find it faster to use the MQ mobs south of Hidden Orchid. Both my land pets are my level. Air pet is a few level behind.

I have decided that BH is the bain of venomancers and don't do it anymore. will probably do it again when I have no other quests.

Unfortunately making money from the drops grinding in the open isn't a lot. Making a few hundred K a day isn't going to ever get me a herc. I'm Working hard to get to TT level while we still have 3X.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They run away too much and makes it take forever. I find it faster to use the MQ mobs south of Hidden Orchid. Both my land pets are my level. Air pet is a few level behind.

I have decided that BH is the bain of venomancers and don't do it anymore. will probably do it again when I have no other quests.

Unfortunately making money from the drops grinding in the open isn't a lot. Making a few hundred K a day isn't going to ever get me a herc. I'm Working hard to get to TT level while we still have 3X.

I make a few hundred K a day as well but I still managed to get a herc. Instead of wasting your money on pots, learn to meditate and buy SOF/PF as soon as you can before you spend your money on anything else. At least 10 SOF a day is good or 70-100 per week and eventually, you'll be able to get it.

Astypoo, the Glow Worms have 300 HP btw so it's hard to level air pets on it at early levels. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]