Blatant GM Bias

Options
HappysHAIL - Harshlands
HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Im already familiar with the numerous "GM\Devs ignoring the community" threads that this forum has to offer, but I thought that this gem of information might prove relevant for some in the future. As such, Im going to lay out my situation for you.

Two weeks ago, I die in pvp and shatter my event helm. When I go to repair it, I go to the Elder in Arch instead of a blacksmith, where in hindsight, I should have gone. As it was sometime around three AM and in a hurry to return to PVP, I accidently choose to "refine" gear instead of "repair shattered gear." Its a stupid mistake, but an honest one. The catch? My helm, previously +10, now returns to +0. Of course, the refining failed.

I ticket the GMs showing evidence of the mistake, before and after, explaining what happened. The response I get? "I'm sorry, but there is nothing further we can do."

I accept my mistake. It happens. But here's what ticks me off.

Two days ago, another player on Harshlands uses a +12 dragon orb to refine the WRONG bow. Instead of refining a bow to +12, he uses a dragon orb to refine the WRONG bow to +1. The result? The GMs choose to return his +12 orb to him.

Previously, a veno attempting to refine her arms to +8 made a mistake an didnt place the d.orb into he correct slot when refining. The arms returned to +0 and she was left with a +8 orb in her inventory. The result? The GMs refine another piece of her gear for her to +7 to compensate for her mistake. (By the time they finally responded she had already refined the first time again.)

My conclusion, and the moral of this story is this:
GMs are showing blatant bias and helping those they want while ignoring others. What grounds they choose to do this on I dont know.

Do not expect any "fair and equal" treatment in PWI. You wont get it.
Post edited by HappysHAIL - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the /+12 dude cashshopped more. /end

/inb4lock
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You realize we have more than 1 GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

But they obviously don't communicate with each other and use different sets of standards and rules.

BTW, just another reason why Safety Lock sucks. Get a Scroll next time.
  • Anzillu - Raging Tide
    Anzillu - Raging Tide Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If it were up to me, none of you fools would get reimbursed for YOUR mistakes. Most items that have a warranty will say in the contract, "Not repairable due to user misuse."

If you go to the wrong NPC to "repair" something because your in such a hurry to get back to PvP, then maybe you shouldn't be PvPing in the first place. Or, here's a thought, FREQUENTLY repair your stuff. Everytime I come from town after doing an activity (Quest, BH, FB, PvP) I repair my stuff, not in the process of doing said activity.

The GM's are doing these things out of courtesy for you players. Their not doing it because their obliged to. So don't get pissy when they decide not to, or you get a GM who doesn't do it.
    Dark for fear of failure
    An inner gloom as wide as an eye of fermenting
    Roiling hate
    Death grip in my veins
    Unveiling rancid petals
    Flowering fourth foul nectar
    Space between a blink and a tear
    Death blooms
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But they obviously don't communicate with each other and use different sets of standards and rules.

BTW, just another reason why Safety Lock sucks. Get a Scroll next time.

Acutally, Im 100% fully bound. I even bound event items which "Does not drop on death" to be safe. It also prevents me from accidently vendoring them, another stupid thing Im more than capapble of doing.

Saftey lock is not only annoying, but I consider it to be an exploitation of game mechanics to use it to prevent item loss in pvp.
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options

If you go to the wrong NPC to "repair" something because your in such a hurry to get back to PvP, then maybe you shouldn't be PvPing in the first place. Or, here's a thought, FREQUENTLY repair your stuff. Everytime I come from town after doing an activity (Quest, BH, FB, PvP) I repair my stuff, not in the process of doing said activity.

Shattered and broken items are different from one another.

GMs act as representatives of PWI as a whole. The actions each takes should be congruent to those of another. Hence my lesson: Do not expect fair or equal treatment.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wait wait, that dude whos friend ranted on here about his +12 orb to refine a bow to +1 got his orb back? LMFAO

I'm ****ing serious that was yesterday, this guy made 2 threads for his friend too!

You know according to that guy's story the GMs also said "sorry you're out of luck", maybe you just need to try again, send another ticket.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If it were up to me, none of you fools would get reimbursed for YOUR mistakes. Most items that have a warranty will say in the contract, "Not repairable due to user misuse."

The difference is that these are immaterial things and cost nothing to reimburse but could cost a lifetime customer instead.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL lack of communication amongst GMs are really making themselves look bad. Cant see any excuse for this one really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Im already familiar with the numerous "GM\Devs ignoring the community" threads that this forum has to offer, but I thought that this gem of information might prove relevant for some in the future. As such, Im going to lay out my situation for you.

Two weeks ago, I die in pvp and shatter my event helm. When I go to repair it, I go to the Elder in Arch instead of a blacksmith, where in hindsight, I should have gone. As it was sometime around three AM and in a hurry to return to PVP, I accidently choose to "refine" gear instead of "repair shattered gear." Its a stupid mistake, but an honest one. The catch? My helm, previously +10, now returns to +0. Of course, the refining failed.

I ticket the GMs showing evidence of the mistake, before and after, explaining what happened. The response I get? "I'm sorry, but there is nothing further we can do."

I accept my mistake. It happens. But here's what ticks me off.

Two days ago, another player on Harshlands uses a +12 dragon orb to refine the WRONG bow. Instead of refining a bow to +12, he uses a dragon orb to refine the WRONG bow to +1. The result? The GMs choose to return his +12 orb to him.

Previously, a veno attempting to refine her arms to +8 made a mistake an didnt place the d.orb into he correct slot when refining. The arms returned to +0 and she was left with a +8 orb in her inventory. The result? The GMs refine another piece of her gear for her to +7 to compensate for her mistake. (By the time they finally responded she had already refined the first time again.)

My conclusion, and the moral of this story is this:
    GMs are showing blatant bias and helping those they want while ignoring others. What grounds they choose to do this on I dont know.

Do not expect any "fair and equal" treatment in PWI. You wont get it.

About the issues that you brought up concerning the other players, I think it's important to remember that you probably don't have all the facts or know all the circumstances of their situations, and for this reason it might not be correct to assume that all three of your issues should be lumped into the same category.

Having said this, if you do honestly feel that you've been treated unfairly by our GM team, please submit a ticket about this so that it can be forwarded to the Customer Service Manager and properly dealt with.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.