New Patch Errors DX

goat111
goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Support Desk
ive been playing pwi for like a 6 months now and i just downloaded patch 356 i downloaded it completly and now when i click start on my patcher the mouse changes over and the screen goes black like its starting up and its justsits there then when i minimize the game a little window pops up and a bunch of random letters from a different language can somebody tell me whats wrong DXb:cry
Post edited by goat111 on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Try running Verify on the game launcher menu first.

Here are some other things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software. to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Name of Game

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2010
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device, Drivers, and DirectX Features boxes:
    DxDiagRequest.JPG

Thanks!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• goat111
    goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    my system is a windows vista home premium when i start the game the screen goes black like its starting up but then i have to alt+f4 out of it and it says it not responding im not a computer person and im thinking mabye the patch might be messed up?? the game has worked fine up untill this patch and my computer hasnt been changed in anyway
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Please read the two posts we have put on here.

Your antivirus software might be blocking the game, or you might have a driver or hardware issue.

Please take your time and try to supply us with the information requested. b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.