Help me choose a class!

Options
kingofmagnet
kingofmagnet Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
So, I am looking for a class that would be:
-Fairly cheap (with an exeption of Veno's pets)
-Good for PvE (I really don't care about PvP. I will be doing that a bit but thats not a priority)
-Not Tideborn (I don't hate them but just don't want them)
-Moderate TW
Also it would be good if he(she when veno) can solo
That class could be needed in squads too.

Guess that would be a veno (I don't get it what other boys have against venos) but if you have any other ideas then help me choose.
Post edited by kingofmagnet on

Comments

• Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, a Veno or Archer, maybe a BM.

Veno is the cheapest class (unless you want legendary pets - 70mil each). Best soloer, decent damage, has HP/MP selfheal skills, has good support skills (lending hand, bramble, amp...). Most people go for Arcane build and it is recommended for newbies (lvls faster than melee fox builds).

If you want to try Archer, be patient, they get better after mid lvls, but then they need almost no potions, have low repair fee, mobs can't reach them, and so on. Evasion and speed buff for squad, HP debuff (especially at boss fights) and good damage makes them valuable in squads.

BMs are good at everything - good damage, secondary tank, def buff for squad, AoEs... They might drink more potions due to their low mana pool or during AoE grinding. Higher repair fee than ranged classes. If you like melee, go for it.
  • kingofmagnet
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you like melee, go for it.

I actually like casters more but that is just a preference. the things in OP are more important.
    Can Archers really kill so fast that the mob won't reach him(midgame, endgame)?
    Are Barbs expensive?
    Is the repair cost really so big at midgame and endgame?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Can Archers really kill so fast that the mob won't reach him(midgame, endgame)?

yes. depending on which mob you're shooting at, this actually starts happening in the mid-to-late 20's levels, which is still early game.

of course, half the reason this happens is that archers get steadily greater range to their attacks as they level up the relevant passive skill, so they can force the mobs to run farther.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^ Yes, and if you get some -interval gear (attack interval, for faster attack speed), Archers can kill even faster. My Archer is lvl98 and she's awesome at PVE. With the right skill combinations, I don't waste much mana, I keep mobs away from me (increased life and defence mobs might need 1-2 more extra skills to kill). I recommend the 2 stickied Archer guides in the forum, they are pretty good and help you max out the right skills. (:

And Barbs are expensive, because they tank (highest repair fee), and in some situations, they should use a HP charm too (those can be expensive).

The repair fee of ranged classes (archer and magic classes) is always way lower because they normally don't have to tank. They still have to pay for weapon repair, I do this several times a day, it's usually under 10k on both of my characters (Archer and Veno), depends on what I do (grinding or instances). I heard Barbs can pay up to 100-200k after BHs and an FCC run. o.o; Not sure if it's true, I've never played a melee class in PWI (don't like them).

(Sorry for my bad English).
  • kingofmagnet
    edited June 2010
    Options
    (Sorry for my bad English).
    Nothing wrong with your English.b:victory

Anyway, ty everyone for help. I'll go with a Veno then i guessb:bye