Your suggestion for making wizards balanced again...

2»

Comments

• Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    and average dps of 50-60k

how do u do 50k dmg per second? gush takes longer then a second to cast, and it does nowhere near 50k a hit, well, i only have a lunar +10 wand, so mabye my weapon is to weak b:surrender
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    how do u do 50k dmg per second?
    He's a 5aps fist wizzie build. b:laugh
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    OP ur smoking something friend or ur just trolling. everything uve requested is already out there. im a 100 pure arcane demon wiz with 8k pdef, almost 6k hp, -33% chan, almost unlimited chi, and average dps of 50-60kb:pleased and my gear isnt even complete yet. the only thing the dev's should give us would a a sq worthy buff. this is the link to the thread where i went in2 this more http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=777042

b:bye

that 50-60k dps till sutra work?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    He's a 5aps fist wizzie build. b:laugh

Yesh yesh, of course of course.
    He be HA fist wizzy.
    b:shocked
    Them frostblade be hax!
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i said "AVERAGE dps of 50-60k" meaning sometimes i hit 30k and sometimes i hit 90k +b:scorn. If you read ALL the words then you get a cookieb:pleased
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i said "AVERAGE dps of 50-60k" meaning sometimes i hit 30k and sometimes i hit 90k +b:scorn. If you read ALL the words then you get a cookieb:pleased

its avarage dph (damage per hit) not dps (damage per second) b:surrender
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    before asking for faster chi building you should have checked SAGE/DEMON more carefully.
    Sages 89 chi skill provides you with instant chi ( 50 or 60 to lazy to look it up) + pyrogram ( +30 )which is one of the wiz fast casting skills also gives some extra chi therefore if you want to spark more often you should go SAGE and not DEMON. On the other side demon wiz with get improved channeling and control skills to increase the wiz capabilities in 1v1 or pk. You also should be aware of the fact that any bm/barb is pretty much screwed when they cant manage to get close to you. So learn how to use Distance Shrink and your slow skills. I think adding another control skill isnt necessary but the cooldown of sophoric whisper could be reduced to lets say 45s.

Yeah, but a lot of other classes have control spells that work a lot more of the time, say 70-100% of the time, however we only have whisper that has a 100% chance of effectiveness an D. Stone rain stuns 20%, D. Hailstorm 50%, and D. Pitfall 33%.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    Ryuhei - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:laugh well i didnt bother to read the whole post but it seems like every1 is forgetting that 5.0 bms and sins are not the norm so ofc compared to normaly geared ppl they will own just like a +10 weap on a wiz will own the average player, and stop QQing about only being able to hit for 22k dmg or more with crit.. lol

Fyi only read the 1st page, and didnt read any more
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These threads are absolutely useless, because nothing will be changed ever. You wasted just your time. Sad but true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only thing I really want is better squad buffs. Like make our earth/fire/water shields castable on squadmates for sage/demon. Or just let it be our water shield, but at all levels. Doesn't mess with our damage or survivability at all, but makes us somewhat more desirable for random/average squads.
  • DiviniaHeals - Sanctuary
    DiviniaHeals - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i have actually stopped playing my wizard cause im so fracking frustrated with sins and bms I CANT COMPETE!! finding a dang fcc squad is impossible for my wizzy no a days =(
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am sage, and even with those skills fist BMs regain their sparks 2x faster, so why not ask for greater chi gain per spell?
    the reason why they regain chi so fast is that chi building depends on the amount of attacks
    too because every hit that doesnt miss not only deals dmg but also adds chi. So by nerfing the APS possible through -int gear their sparking will also reduce
    @Tsuyoginos: i rather consider the psychic as the magic class with control skills whereas the wiz is supposed to be the raw dmg class thats why in my opinion the dmg of psy needs to be nerfed so wiz is the magical DD with highest dmg again. But i agree an increase in the percentages of effects in general would be nice.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These threads are absolutely useless, because nothing will be changed ever. You wasted just your time. Sad but true.

Lies!!!! I remember a patch were BMs were modified, mabye u dont read patch notes but BMs chi regeneration rate per hit was modified after the RT expansion, now they get 5 chi per hit, before that patch they had less chi imput per hit.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lies!!!! I remember a patch were BMs were modified, mabye u dont read patch notes but BMs chi regeneration rate per hit was modified after the RT expansion, now they get 5 chi per hit, before that patch they had less chi imput per hit.

He is right. When the TB sage/demon came out, Bms went from 4 chi per hit to 5 chi per hit.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And what about making Psychic more balanced... people call them more "useless" than wizards.

So I think Pychics should be more "balanced" as well....ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    He is right. When the TB sage/demon came out, Bms went from 4 chi per hit to 5 chi per hit.

Finnaly someone who knows what hes talking about. b:victory
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well what do u mean by balance the wizards?

PvP wise ? nah seriously we dont need to balance in PvP.

PvE? give bosses a refelct that cant be dispelled would bring us closer to old days
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Personally, I think giving all of us rank 8 would balance us- OH WAIT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The moment they lowered the prices on the sale items if the moment when all you damn squishy QQ'ers became important again.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My suggestion is pretty much situational PVE but i think people would like it...

How about making Dragonsbreath hit faster the more -chan you have? At the moment it hits once every three seconds, what about with -50 chan it would hit once every 1.5 seconds, even higher levels could get to 2 hits per second ( i havnt really bothered to do any math on these numbers...). Remember, our hits are going to be much stronger than a fist BM's, so our DPS would actually be pretty high again.
    I think this would make us useful in instances again...what are your thoughts?
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My suggestion is pretty much situational PVE but i think people would like it...

How about making Dragonsbreath hit faster the more -chan you have? At the moment it hits once every three seconds, what about with -50 chan it would hit once every 1.5 seconds, even higher levels could get to 2 hits per second ( i havnt really bothered to do any math on these numbers...). Remember, our hits are going to be much stronger than a fist BM's, so our DPS would actually be pretty high again.
    I think this would make us useful in instances again...what are your thoughts?

I draw enough aggro with DB as it is, I don't need it hitting any faster. o.O
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2010

before the RT expansion with normals was on a 4,4,4,8 pattern meaning 3 of 4 attack animations would gain 4 chi with the last (kick animation) gaining 8

still was an average of 5 chi per hit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They need to make new skills and upgrades for us.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11002752&postcount=16 b:chuckle
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Good ideas for the wrong game.
    Wizards, even with improvement, are pretty much useless in 98% of PWI's gameplay. The skills in that thread are nice, but will not change anything related to aps classes. Those will still be able to solo farm, you will not.
    What this game needs is a revamp of the Damage Dealing concept and mechanics. Giving the amount of money PWI is making based on this broken mechanic, don't expect anything to change. Ever.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Didn't the new expansion borrow new skill for the wizard ? b:surrender
    Or i miss read it . . b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    borrow? what do you mean?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.