Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Support Desk
alright so on my alt I had a level 80 Discipline genie with
+3 Str
+5 Dex
+68 Mag
+60 Vit(or 61 i forgot)

ok so I bought some Origination Orders to reset points a bit

alright, so I reset my Vit down to 40 and I noticed I didnt get 40 points back (since after an attribute hits 40 each attribute takes 2 points per level right?) so from level 40 - 60 that should have been a total of 40 points I spent for those 20 levels. But when I reset I only got 20 back..

So now my stats are:
+3 Str
+5 Dex
+80 Mag
+40 Vit

with 1 unallocated point..

To GM's: I want the points Im missing back on my genie, or the origination orders back that I used and reset my genie back to its 68 mag / 60 vit stats before I used them.

Or some explanation on why I was cheated out of those 20 points during resetting, unless im wrong about the points needed after 40 to lvl being 2 per lvl. my stats should be 40 vit, and 88 mag according to my math.
Post edited by Bowlinbob - Lost City on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2010
    Alright, I've got an answer for you. The short version is that you did not, in fact, lose any points.

The long answer is that the text in the attribute allocation dialogue is actually slightly wrong (this will probably be fixed in the next patch). It does not cost 2 points per attribute above 40 in the stat, it costs 2 points per attribute after putting 40 points into a stat. A Discipline Genie starts with 15 vitality. It costs 1 point each for the first 40 points, putting it at 55 vitality. It costs 2 points each for the next 5 points to 60. So when you reset it back down to 40, you got 10 points for going down to 55, and then 15 more points for going down to 40, for a total of 25 points refunded. You then spent 24 points increasing your magic by 12, leaving you with 1 extra point left over.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    Alright, I've got an answer for you. The short version is that you did not, in fact, lose any points.

The long answer is that the text in the attribute allocation dialogue is actually slightly wrong (this will probably be fixed in the next patch). It does not cost 2 points per attribute above 40 in the stat, it costs 2 points per attribute after putting 40 points into a stat. A Discipline Genie starts with 15 vitality. It costs 1 point each for the first 40 points, putting it at 55 vitality. It costs 2 points each for the next 5 points to 60. So when you reset it back down to 40, you got 10 points for going down to 55, and then 15 more points for going down to 40, for a total of 25 points refunded. You then spent 24 points increasing your magic by 12, leaving you with 1 extra point left over.

ah ha.. that makes sense. Thanks Surtr.
This discussion has been closed.