Rank the classes best to worst

Master_ahmed - Sanctuary
Master_ahmed - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
hey everyone, i have personally used all classes under almost every circumstance possible, all of which at lvls 70+ and i can play most of em decently, with the exception of wizzy, sin, and BM which i play very well (if i say so myselfb:laugh). anyway, i just want to see how everyone else thinks each class is in PVP. So just rank them in order from Best PvP'er under MOST circumstances to worst. Then do a second ranking of how well u think each class is under playability and comfort for yourself.

PvP
1. Sin
2. Wizzy
3. Archer
4. BM
5. Psy
6. Cleric
7. Veno
8. Barb

Comfort:
1. Sin
2. BM
3. Wizzy
4. Psy
5. Archer
6. Cleric
7. Barb
8. Veno

Personally im not a real fan of the untamed, to me they just never felt right and i dont pvp as well on them. Tell me what u think, i want to know how everyone on PWI thinks of the classes.
Post edited by Master_ahmed - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Clione - Harshlands
    Clione - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh, sure why not

btw, its what I THINK, not actually know,
    cause I haven't played all classes yet. well here it is

PvP:
    1.Sin
    2.Barb
    3.Wizzy
    4.BM
    5.Cleric
    6.Archer
    7.Psy
    8.Veno

Comfort (for me):
    1.Psy
    2.Veno
    3.Sin
    4.Barb
    5.BM
    6.Archer
    7.Wizzy
    8.Cleric

Sins on top of PvP cause if a sin knows what they're doing, and how to adjust, they can take down anything they're lvl and a lot higher.
    Veno's on bottom because I believe once your pet dies... well... your done.

Psy's on top for comfort, because I like being flexible with mobs. I can take down pretty much any regular mob I meet, sac assault, incr def, incr attk, even mag resist. Also with psy's I can be flexible with my playing style, I can choose to be lazy and just soulburn and nuke, or I can implement an arsenal of different skills. Anyways with psy's, I'm able to adjust to different situations more easily.
    Clerics on the bottom because
    "Omg our squad just wiped"
    "Cleric, you release, lose your xp, then come rez us all"
    "Oh, ok..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hehe, don't mess with psycho fishys :)
  • Master_ahmed - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    lol at the cleric, and also psy's are alot like u just said, when i use mine i always seem... well, safe. I know, its an arcane squishy class but with the ability to control your opponent that comes with a psy, you dont have to worry as much. what i want to know is why you find barbs #2 at pvp? i always seemed to find their accuracy and low hits (except for that dam awesome armageddon) a bit of a pain, not much stuns either unless u work your genie into it.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh, sure why not

btw, its what I THINK, not actually know,
    cause I haven't played all classes yet. well here it is

PvP:
    1.Sin
    2.Barb
    2.5 Nix with Flesh Ream + HA Veno Sidekick
    3.Wizzy
    4.BM
    5.Cleric
    6.Archer
    7.Psy
    8.Veno

Comfort:
    1.Veno if you know how to play you will never get hit.
    2.Psy
    3.Sin
    4.Barb
    5.BM
    6.Archer
    7.Wizzy
    8.Cleric

fixed D:

10char
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • afcdv
    afcdv Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lol at the cleric, and also psy's are alot like u just said, when i use mine i always seem... well, safe. I know, its an arcane squishy class but with the ability to control your opponent that comes with a psy, you dont have to worry as much. what i want to know is why you find barbs #2 at pvp? i always seemed to find their accuracy and low hits (except for that dam awesome armageddon) a bit of a pain, not much stuns either unless u work your genie into it.

lol. a barb (that knows what to do) can almost successfully stunlock a person.
    Mighty swing stuns for 4 seconds and a 6 second cooldown
    Untamed Wraith stuns for 1 second and 60 second cooldown
    so a barb only has a 1 second gap in their stunlock and, if timed right, that can act like a true stun lock b:laugh
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why not, bored at work anyhow....

PvP:

1. BM
    1. Barb
    1. Sin
    4. Veno
    5. Wizard
    6. Psychic
    7. Archer
    8. Cleric

Comfort:

1. BM
    2. Barb
    3. Veno
    4. Cleric
    5. Archer
    6. Psychic
    7. Wizard
    8. Sin

My ranking's are personal based on my own experience.

Comfort, sin ranks last cause they are so squishy >.<. They may kill mob's fast, but still w/o Hp charm/pots/life power they are really ****ty >.<

PvP, cleric ranks last only because I haven't seen a cleric that is really powerful in PvP against another player their lvl.

If you want to know more about why i ranked them, just quote my post and bold/highlight color the part you're wondering about.
  • Junalight - Dreamweaver
    Junalight - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    archers are really squishy. i have yet to figure out how use my archer to her full potential, but i will tell u one thing. my blademaster isn't sharded nor my sin. and pretty much i have to go with the bm because i hate having to turn on all of those buffs for my sin. it's highly annoying.
  • LordBaldor - Heavens Tear
    LordBaldor - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well i havent done much pvp just alot of dualing but i will just say comfert lvl. keep in mind i havent play all the classes to a desent lvl but my brother has played the ones i havnt so i have a rough idea on how good they are.

1.barb
    2.veno
    3.bm
    4.arch
    5.phy
    6.cleric
    7.sin
    8.wiz

so i siad a barb bc i find with the right food and 2 sparks i never die like fighting mobs i dont die 5 att im fine bc of inoke then beastle rage for another spark if i dont kill enough in time i can sunder over 1000s of hp and 1000s of dmg on ea mob. i think u ahve to have +3 or more refine to realy feel how cunfy they r even magic mods dont matter with msg ornements and invoke ur laughin the hole time. so 2. veno is bc u never get hit unless ur tanking a boss u steal agro some times but if ur heavy fox veno it dosnt matter. i didnt make veno nubmer one bc u die alot when 2+ mobs att u well no die but sweat a lil. now for the rest of them i ahvent lvled much but my bro has made 2 dif sins and they kill fast but ones with no vit die to easy like i dont see how many one can me cunfyer with them more then a barb 1v1 they kill fast but thats it from wat i have seen.they can escape tho so idk maby they should be higher up i havent used 1 yet. iv also made a low lvl cleric i found they were ok but hp was to low had to heal all the time
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    LordBaldor: Get your BM to lvl 60, get Bracers of Blood Moon (7 mil or so investment that pays off double or more ^.^), and you'll see why Endgame BM's are so scary that even a sin can't kill them. (That is before the jones' blessing that everyone now has =.=)
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    archers are really squishy. i have yet to figure out how use my archer to her full potential, but i will tell u one thing. my blademaster isn't sharded nor my sin. and pretty much i have to go with the bm because i hate having to turn on all of those buffs for my sin. it's highly annoying.

Any class thats not a barb, veno or BM is squishy b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • FoXyxxCrAzY - Lost City
    FoXyxxCrAzY - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sins All The Wayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1. Blademaster (Super High Damage, Super High Physical and Magical Defense, Infinite Additional Fire Damage, Heavens Flame + Genie Overpowered Skills)
    2. Sin (Stealth, Criticals, Attack Level, Stunlock)
    3. Wiz (Super High Damage, Infinite Slowing, Super Leap, 6 second no-channeling, undine, sleep, Blade Tempest)
    4. Barb (High Health, High Defense, Armageddon, Fast channeling Skills)
    5. Archer (Super High Damage, Criticals, Range, Physical and Magic Attacks)
    6. Cleric (Heal as much as you want[Demon IH], High attack damage, physical and magical attacks, long sleep, 2 shields)
    7. Veno (Nix, Bramble Hood)
    8. Psy (High Attack Damage, but low **** defense with voodo on)

Trust me, i know all this for a fact.

Blademaster is number 1 because not even an Assassin can beat them, if they know how to play.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1. Blademaster (Super High Damage, Super High Physical and Magical Defense, Infinite Additional Fire Damage, Heavens Flame + Genie Overpowered Skills)
    2. Sin (Stealth, Criticals, Attack Level, Stunlock)
    3. Wiz (Super High Damage, Infinite Slowing, Super Leap, 6 second no-channeling, undine, sleep, Blade Tempest)
    4. Barb (High Health, High Defense, Armageddon, Fast channeling Skills)
    5. Archer (Super High Damage, Criticals, Range, Physical and Magic Attacks)
    6. Cleric (Heal as much as you want[Demon IH], High attack damage, physical and magical attacks, long sleep, 2 shields)
    7. Veno (Nix, Bramble Hood)
    8. Psy (High Attack Damage, but low **** defense with voodo on)

Trust me, i know all this for a fact.

Blademaster is number 1 because not even an Assassin can beat them, if they know how to play.

all classes are balanced at full+12 god gear with a slight edge to wizzies and sins

nothing before that really matters since this is a grindfest mmo where the entire point is to get that gear and kill each other

nixes are OP till 90+ (bh = game starts there) then veno damage gets kinda gimped so they really need the bleedbird

archers are op at 70-80 (again bh) and are underpowered till hiigher refines and 100 skills (see above)

clerics and psys are rediculous 30-50 but who really cares? both classes are well balanced 90+

sins are always scary but well...99% are idiots those that arent wreck havoc till 100+ where the other classes def scales faster than their damage stealth still = god mode

barbs are obscenly hard to solo kill till 90+ but cant really kill well till then either at 100+ the hp+ arma and ToP is just scary

BM's spend 90% of the game as a gimped pve class with random spike damage via zerk that can kill only if they get lucky but scale obscenly fast at 90+ if they can pay for the gear

wizzies get killed by everyone till 80 then get progresivly better till they become argueably the best endgame pvp class at max gear

there is no best overall pvp class they kinda jocky back and forth depending on your wealth and level only truely balancing near max possibal
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    who ever put psy on last spot makes me laugh big time.
    PSY IS NOT FOR NOOBS. You need some amount of natural intelligence to play psy. Psy is deadly and fearsome class if u know how to use their skills. Psy has a different tactic vs each class in the game. Dont talk bull sheeet if u never played psy or if you did, **** again and play it again. You can play duel in so many different ways. Its rather interesting than spam DD spells and try to kill sooner than your opponent kills you. Psy is used to OUTSMART your opponent cuz psy can do that.
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    psys are the trickiest class around. I bet if u meet a psy that knows how to play/pvp u will QQ about OP psys, way more than OP sins. Psys can hits as hard/even harder than wizards(harder with attlvl buff) they got a shield that can seal u when u hit them, they got a shield that returns attacks to you, the got a shield like bramble, they got a shield that stuns u, they got a buff that lowers charm cooldowns ... shall i continue? guess i dont need to, too bad not that many pro-psys are around b:cry mine's only lvl60 by now

And a LOL at the psys that dont know which protections to turn off, so their soulforce takes part b:laugh

there is actually no superior class for pvp(maybe wizards with uber power gears), some classes have advantages against others but the have some disadvantages to another class too. In the end it comes down to the players "pvp-skill" and specially to his gears.
  • The_Maxx - Sanctuary
    The_Maxx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Isn't that the truth :O b:chuckle
    edited June 2010
    Isn't that the truth :O b:chuckle

lol so true.

like i said in my first post, i have played all classes. Psy is by far the most ownage class i've ever seen. if you have skill, **** being a sin and roll a psy. i have (Not kidding) seen my really good friend use his psy in ways u cant imagine. He's pulled the entire mob of elites at rotflesh and kept aggro from 20+ people all of whom were cashshoppers (minus me LOL) with really nice gears. His only help was 1 cleric. He took down the 15ish elites and at the end of that round him and his cleric had around 6k contributions in rotflesh chapter 1, while the rest of us had 1.5k or less. Scary? i think so. i could tell you way more storys about him. But that would require like 3 more full posts and i dont feel like writing all that.

I just prefer sin to psy because i just find it so much funner to go BOOOOOO!!! and have 1-3 people die while u go back in stealth and watch the others go "we're fkedb:cry"
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010

BM's spend 90% of the game as a gimped pve class with random spike damage via zerk that can kill only if they get lucky but scale obscenly fast at 90+ if they can pay for the gear

Wrong, although I play barb in PVE better than my BM does, but I am far from gimped in PVE, infact, I play BM better than 5/7 classes. And I know I am better playing as a BM more than a psychic.

PVP won't matter, but in PVE

Veno > Barb > BM > Assassin > Wizard/Cleric > Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    From my Cleric's point of view (in terms of losses)

1. Sin
    2. Charmed barb
    3. Nix veno
    4. Axe/Fist BM
    5. Archer
    6. Veno
    7. Uncharmed barb
    8. Psy
    9. Cleric (just through my unusually high amount of experience fighting other clerics)
    10. Wizzies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    Assailer - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1. Cash Shop player
    2. non cash shop player

(class doesnt matter, its the person behind the keys)
    Ex Heavenly Marshal-- Ex Leader of Divinity--
    The Point of Battle is not die for your beliefs, But instead Slay the enemy for theirs.~

The mere fact that I am attacking, intices the enemy to believe I am stronger than They~

Pkin Pkers is fun, and rewarding b:laugh
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited July 2010

the class called Tsungfai is NOT squishy at all...but you have to be on HT to witness his epic pwnness

also anyone that cash shops will not be squishy...fimmelpotze for example, a cleric that just wont squish
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    first things first, BMs are NOT gimped, they are great for pve, they can solo AoE far better than any other class. From what i've come to notice, BMs tend to lvl the fastest when going solo, Veno's are pretty close after them, but the solo aoeing of mass numbers of mobs is enough to surpass most classes. How can u say an HA class with an Amp AoE, and 4 other AoEs including a stun in ONE weapon choice is gimped... seriously. Dont even get me started on the other weapons.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    dont wnt to comment on the pvp

comfort
    1. veno
    2. wiz
    3. barb
    4. cleric
    5. psy
    6. bm
    7. archer
    8. sin

im not rlly comfortable playing a sin its rlly tough for me but im getin more use to it as time goes by my veno i play alot workin on getin a herc & nix almost got enough SoF for a herc & im about 50% away from geting a nix & i still havent spent a dime b:laughb:victoryb:pleased
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Neader - Lost City
    Neader - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PvP:
    1. Cash Shop players
    2. Any other class

IMO there's no "best class", each one has pros and cons. All depends of who and how plays them.

Comfort in playing: That can't be said. For some people Barb is the best, because Barbs have a lot HP and defense, for others Barb would be a total fail, because of lower dmg than other classes. It all depends on what You really want.

That's not classes, who are strong, but players.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    first things first, BMs are NOT gimped, they are great for pve, they can solo AoE far better than any other class. From what i've come to notice, BMs tend to lvl the fastest when going solo, Veno's are pretty close after them, but the solo aoeing of mass numbers of mobs is enough to surpass most classes. How can u say an HA class with an Amp AoE, and 4 other AoEs including a stun in ONE weapon choice is gimped... seriously. Dont even get me started on the other weapons.

we're pretty much pve only for 90 levels

against serious gear = refines calams wolnt kill ousidea zerk+ crit or 2...back to back (yes i know people dont refine at 70 but lets face it that the only reason that kills anyone) and DQ bracers only get 1.67 aps pre int cape and fists, poles dont have zerk outside of obscene luck all those skills take spirit...4 paths worth

should have said we are a gimped pve only class for 90 levels relying on superior gear a really nice STR geni and pure dumb luck to actually kill people but are hard as hades to kill 1v1

hit 90 endgame class is made for endgame
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well here's my rank of hardest classes from a 9x Psys point of view.
    All these classes are expected to be charmed, Including myself.

1. Cleric (Just can't outbeat there charm/heals if well geared)

2. Sin (Most would agree the most op class against a wide variety of players)

3. Barb (Ultra defense can make killing them charmed difficult)

4. BM (There stuns can hurt but well timed PW can overcome that)

5. Archer (They can one shot me with ease, but I can do the same to them so lower on the list)

6. Wiz ( Unless rank 8 charmed with godly gear I haven't lost to many of these)

7. Veno (We have many many ways to skin this proverbial cat and even more ways to take out there pet, haven't lost to many Veno's nix or not.)
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • SeekSykes - Sanctuary
    SeekSykes - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Here goes nothing (pvp list)

1.Archer
    2.Barb
    3.Wizard
    4.BM
    5.Cleric
    6.Sin
    7.Psy
    8.Veno

A lot of of you may wonder why i chose veno as last, and ill explain. I have found them as a very small threat in pk unless they have a nix, if not, i just pop alter marrow mag and stun lock them untill they die.

A lot of you might also be wondering why barbs are put as 2nd, and thats because on my server, A LOT of them dominate in pk, where as the other classes dont do as well.

But depending on how you play your character, or what class you are, this ranking might not seem right to you, but remember it's just my opinion
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Comfort
    1. Veno/BM (tied because I've played both and love them too much to chooseb:surrender)
    2. Barb (their extreme amount of HP makes them hard to kill so I feel pretty safe playing one)
    3.Wizzy (at high lvl I feel like I can do anything with my wizzy >:D )
    4. Cleric (knowing you can heal urself makes it easier to be comfortable)
    5. Phys (got nice channeling and stuffz)
    6. Archer (u can kill things from far away, but idk i've nvr felt safe playing one of these, cuz the moment ur oppenent comes close range you go "oh sht im fked"
    7. Assasin (most dam squishy class ever! Mayb its just me but I find this class completely useless in PVE, especially bh because 90% of sins dont have any brain and only play the class because they hear they are so OP. I know this is fish racism, but I'd rather not have a sin in my squad cuz 80% of the time that= squad wipe b:shocked)

PVP

1. Sin b:angry
    2. Wizzy (high lvls=totally OP)
    3. BM/Veno (agains I cant choose, venos r good cuz if they are fighting mag classes they can fox form and go close range [hard for archers] and for melee classes they can go magic and attack from a distance. If you rely on ur pet to much [even a nix] u'll die a lot, but if you just use ur pet as an extra damage dealer that pretty much no one will ever attack [mayb stun, but generally they go for the veno] ur pretty hard to kill :) BM good cuz of their stunlocks n stuffs)
    4. Phys (reflect skills and stuffs)
    5. Archerb:angry
    6. Barb (nvr found them very good at pvp, but they've got a hellofalot of HP, and charmed they are hard to kill :)
    7. Cleric (sorry I think they are bettr at healing the other ppl during pvp, not actually fighting)
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wrong, although I play barb in PVE better than my BM does, but I am far from gimped in PVE, infact, I play BM better than 5/7 classes. And I know I am better playing as a BM more than a psychic.

PVP won't matter, but in PVE

Veno > Barb > BM > Assassin > Wizard/Cleric > Archer

lol @ this guy for putting archers at the bottom of pve :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Lady_of_rage - Lost City
    Lady_of_rage - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Comfort, sin ranks last cause they are so squishy >.<. They may kill mob's fast, but still w/o Hp charm/pots/life power they are really ****ty >.<

Hello? ever heard or spark+ and bloodsuck?b:surrender
    We are Death, destroyer of Worlds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    From my Cleric's point of view (in terms of losses)

1. Sin
    2. Charmed barb
    3. Nix veno
    4. Axe/Fist BM
    5. Archer
    6. Veno
    7. Uncharmed barb
    8. Psy
    9. Cleric (just through my unusually high amount of experience fighting other clerics)
    10. Wizzies

You underestimate the Wizards fool.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...