Cleric Genie?

umisora
umisora Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
So I just made a cleric. i got Zeal and I think I will stick with it.
I'm just wondering what skills are useful?
Post edited by umisora on

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    umisora wrote: »
    So I just made a cleric. i got Zeal and I think I will stick with it.
    I'm just wondering what skills are useful?

Go to PWI Forums > Click "Search" > Type in 'Genie' with a focus on the Cleric Section of the forums > Enjoy :)

If that doesnt work- hopefully someone lower level can help you out, as for my genie... I have a Zeal

-Holy Path
    -Extreme Poison
    -Expel
    -Absolute Domain
    -Second Wind
    -Tree of Protection
    -Frenzy (dont recommend it for you xD)

any of these are useful except Frenzy- it all just really depends on what you want your genie to do... help you kill mobs/ help you kill people/ help you live/ both? xD

Also you could look at genie skills by right clicking your Genie > Click "Skill Inquiry" > Enjoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Most important Skill for a cleric.

Holy Path. Hands down.
    Holy path allows you to move faster for a certain amount of time. And when I say fast. I meant 15m/s. xD

It's good. get it.

Oh and other things I have on my genie are..

1. Rainbow Blessing
    2. Absloute Domain
    3. Holy Path
    4. Extreme Pousion
    5. Second Wind
  • mub
    mub Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You can stick to zeal if you want. About the genie skills, it doesn't matter which one u learn, it's not like "you're a cleric, you need to learn these skills...blah blah blah". I recommend you look at all the genie skills, i mean ALL of em xDDD i like to look at genie skill when i'm flying. Take your time to look at them, and learn the one that fit your style. If you like to pvp, u might need some pvp skills, if you're not, just learn something that help you with your style of playing. For example, i find this skill useful, but it might not be useful for you.

So just choose skills that you think is useful for you, Genie skills are like bonus skills u can grab, and make it your skill xD If you mess up, it's ok, try again, u will learn more from your mistake. Goodluckb:bye
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Holy Path. Sounds meh on paper, but in-game it's god. Especially if you have high mag or vit, and have it hotkeyed to something on the keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Because it can't be said enough, get holy path.

Extreme poison is OK but the times when you'll feel the need to use it there will usually be someone else who has it or you'll have a sin with subsea strike handy.

Second wind or tree of protection are alright but you're a cleric so it's not as if you're lacking heals (although the instant heal (with no channel/cast time) from second wind makes it a slightly better choice in my opinion).
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Your genie skills will probably change as you reach certain lvls, but you should keep them in mind in regards to affinity. You can also keep different genies, depending on PvE and PvP to get more specialized genies.

Early lvl skills for a cleric:

*Earthflame*(already on your genie, good to use on a mob that is in a group, so you dont have to fight all of them at once, since this skill will lure that one mob towards you). This skill can be replaced later.

*Second Wind* (A great lifesaver which will restore quite a bit of your HP instantly, there is a problem with it needing STR on your genie to be really awesome, as most of the later skills on a clerics genie will be based on alot of Dex. I advise getting no more than 30 STR at the beginning, this will make 2nd wind pretty good, and not soak up too many of your genies attribute points). This skill can be replaced later.

*Earthquake* (Great skill for the early levels. If a mob gets close to you, use this and the mob will get pushed back 10meters, giving you time to kill it without it hitting you). This skill can be replaced later.

*Holy Path* (Not much to add here, awesome skill). Never replace this skill.

*Extreme Poison* (Not overly usefull, but not a bad skill to use on bosses, or mobs with large HP pool. Also good in pvp, to maximaze your dmg output against your opponent. Use it to kill the boss faster, or the mob quicker so it wont get a chance to attack you). Can avoid getting, or replace later. (With the affinities used for later skills, this skill would best be replaced by Frenzy).

Mid to end-game skills:

*Absolute Domain* (Makes you and ppl in your squad within 5 meters from you, immune to dmg and stun for a short time. Great skill in both pvp and pve. Use it to avoid that assasin trying to kill you, or to survive if you have drawn agro in instances, or in RB to protect yourself and your squad when **** hits the fan).

*Expel* (Makes you immune to physical dmg for a moderate time, whilst making you unable to perform any action during this time. Single target only. You should probably get either this, or Absolute Domain. Getting both would be a bit of a waste of affinity points. Works much the same as Absolute Domain. It lasts longer, but does not save you from Magic dmg or stuns. This skill may be better than Absolute Domain in RB Delta, as those friggin archer mobs can make you a dead cleric fastb:shocked).

*Cloud Eruption* (gives you 1 spark + X amount of chi instantly. If you are a sage cleric, the use for this is not that great, but before demon/sage and if you go demon, this skill is fantastic. This skill will also take advantage of the 30 STR you added before, as X amount of extra chi, is dependant on how much STR you have, and the skill lvl. You should not get more than lvl 1 though, as the chi gain pr lvl is relatively small, and it costs ALOT of energy the higher level this skill is).

*Bramble Rage* (About the only damage dealing genie skill I would advise. Does a high amount of AOE dmg (dependent on DEX on your genie), and cancels all channeling on those hit. Great skill in pvp/tw and in Frost runs, and any other time you want to do some aoe damage).

Situational skills:

*Tree of Protection* (I personally dont use it anymore, but at high lvls this skill is alot better than 2nd wind, and also takes advantage of your genies DEX, making it a better option. Raises your max hp by a %, and heals you for quite a bit twice in 6 seconds. Used as a lifesaver in pvp/tw and any instance).

*Frenzy* (At max lvl it adds 20 atk lvls, effectively giving you 20% more dmg, in the duration of the skill, but lowers you physical and magical defence to abysmal levels. Good for extra damage, and can be used instead of Extreme Poison (or combined with it due to both skills using a medium amount of energy) to hit harder. Can be used to great effect in pvp vs. a frozen enemy (dont use it when an enemy can hit you) or on bosses with no, or low dmg, aoes).

*Cauterize* (Has 60% chance of removing bleed effect when used, the % increases with the amount of STR and DEX on your genie. With 30 STR and 50 DEX, this skill has an 80% chance to work, and it WILL save your life vs a veno with nix in pvp/tw. Purify often takes too long to use, since that pesky nix tends to bleed then stun you Q_Q, so this skill is worth a second look at).

As for attribute points, you should probably aim for something like this at lvl 90+:
    STR: 20-40
    DEX: 40-60
    VIT: 55+ (For an endgame genie I would advice this one, as it starts with 15 points in VIT).
    MAG: 30-50

Thats all I can think of atm, but with these skills you genie will be a valuable partner during your gameplay.
    Edited to add some more info I thought of, and added some situational skills. Also edited name of a skill, I had written the wrong skillname

Good luck on your cleric!
  • TheBishSlap - Lost City
    TheBishSlap - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if your just pve your gonna have holy path and some other **** skills for pve so it doesnt matter

in pvp it depends on what your doing...
    kiting a bm
    holy path
    domain
    fortify to antistun
    anonymous 4/5th skills

against mag classes
    occult ice
    heart of steel
    oxygen bubble
    domain

against a sin
    expel
    domain
    tree
    holypath

archers
    holypath
    domain
    tree

doesnt really matter
    btw occult ice is amazing for an ep but only against mag classes after you sleep them it allows you to hit them for 6 seconds without them being able to interupt you
    which means they die
    im jahailad and i cant change my avatarQQ
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    When they say "freeze" for occult ice does it mean seal+ silence or only seal?