Genie>Zeal & Cleric.

Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Cleric
YES THIS IS A RANT b:laugh

Why are people (even clerics) so obsessed on getting a Zeal? a gold Zeal is worth 2-5m more if its LP are 61+ than any other genie.

What I think of this evil genie:

Zeal, if a cleric has it, it is a deadly weapon waiting to shoot off your head. Luring 1 monster is good and all, but CLERIC IS NOT A TANK (unless you spend 2k MP IHing you before luring lol!)

Sure it looks pretty and all but seriously? lol, once you have a zeal you are expected to lure if you're not a veno.

So thats why cleric kids~ do not choose a Zeal as main genie, or you will be in a suicidal mission to lure b:bye
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    2k mp for ih is just 5 ih for me.

and i like having a zeal, i can keep the squad moving if i find the pace is too slow.
    that being said, i am using a discipline energy build. helps me to holy path like nobody's businessb:laugh
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've seen Clerics tank. ^_^

Also, the quick fix to having a Zeal genie and not wanting to pull - delete earthflame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I soloed unwined FB69 (aside from pole and nob, they one-shotted me D:) yesterday. Zeal is god.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Also, the quick fix to having a Zeal genie and not wanting to pull - delete earthflame.

^ This

Also I didn't pick zeal, the NPC quest did =)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • shootinstarr
    shootinstarr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what are you thinking??

what kind of ppl will ask cleric to pull?? someone who is not smart.... probably...(YOU!!)

everybody knows better...come on... having a zeal genie donsn't mean "I want to pull the

bosses" b:angry
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I use to have a zeal genie, and it was very useful to me. we're not as squishy as you think.
    all I do is, throw on "wings of protection", and then i'm good to go.

It's a very powerful shield that usually lasts for one very strong attack. But if the attack is weak, it just kind of stays on. lol
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010

Clerics can tank until they face melee monsters such as nob / pole in bh69 as someone stated lol.

Let the veno lure, they have higher speed and the lure range is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a zeal :P
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I often pull...my 2nd Zeal genie only has EarthFlame on it in case no one else can pull....IF I need too I can use a Charger Orb, get far enough away to IH, tank grabs, then turn and heal = simple b:chuckle

Seal of the God is a good puller too b:cute

PS -> Clerics can tank Gaur and Pole at about high 8x to low 9x...you just need to either have some good working knowledge of your character, good pdef or another Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Seal of the God is a good puller too b:cute

O.O seriously? it doesnt aggro anything else?

not to totally change the subject but what else is it good for Red?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    O.O seriously? it doesnt aggro anything else?

not to totally change the subject but what else is it good for Red?

I have yet to aggro....now that I have cursed myself b:chuckle

Only other thing I really use it for is:

1) Seal barbs in TW if in a pinch...the "turtle" effect is lame but at least it stops them long enough to get their squad around them

2) PvP...^ same concept

3) To mess with ppl at West Gate if I happen to be there...mainly Faction members b:chuckle

Otherwise...I have not done a ton of testing on it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    but rose, dont tell yamiino how much it costs or how hard it is to farm the seal b:shutup
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Zeal is good if you want to put a lot in its innate affinity stat too

PS:seal of the god on veno pet, enjoy
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ummm... noone can force you to actually USE earthflame on your zeal b:avoid
    i have two genies: main infliction, with skills to keep me alive (tree, domain, expel, holypath, 5th is a debuff currently but im thinking about exchanging it) and backup zeal, wih earthflame, second wind, holypath and knockback. when im soloing something or i want to speed pulling up i take out my zeal, all other cases its infliction. that way i have a choice. if you dont have zeal at all, and dont have veno in party you cant safely pull and thats that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    PS -> Clerics can tank Gaur and Pole at about high 8x to low 9x...you just need to either have some good working knowledge of your character, good pdef or another Cleric.

hints pls?
    i can tank gaur (though im not perfect choice for it and it takes ages), but pole's special axe of doom gets me b:cry
    4,7 k hp, arcane sharded with flawless garnets, my pdef after buff is something over 3,5k, with vanguard bonus well over 6k, but i just cant spam everything at once b:surrender ih, puri, some attacks - all ok for a while, then the axe falls and screen turns gray...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    ummm... noone can force you to actually USE earthflame on your zeal b:avoid
    i have two genies: main infliction, with skills to keep me alive (tree, domain, expel, holypath, 5th is a debuff currently but im thinking about exchanging it) and backup zeal, wih earthflame, second wind, holypath and knockback. when im soloing something or i want to speed pulling up i take out my zeal, all other cases its infliction. that way i have a choice. if you dont have zeal at all, and dont have veno in party you cant safely pull and thats that...

I have had cases where the cleric (not I) has to pull because everyone else said they didn't have earthflame in their skill list (yes even the barb).

So that's pretty much it b:chuckle
    ^ happened atleast 2 times last week when doing bh69.

It is true no one forces you, but when there's no other choise, there's no veno, and the barb sucks (I don't know a barb that doesn't have a Zeal with earthflame...)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    but rose, dont tell yamiino how much it costs or how hard it is to farm the seal

b:chuckle
    hints pls?
    i can tank gaur (though im not perfect choice for it and it takes ages), but pole's special axe of doom gets me
    4,7 k hp, arcane sharded with flawless garnets, my pdef after buff is something over 3,5k, with vanguard bonus well over 6k, but i just cant spam everything at once b:surrender ih, puri, some attacks - all ok for a while, then the axe falls and screen turns gray...

Uhhh...best hints I can give is to maintain Plume Shell and watch for the timed debuffs b:surrender

TBH I found Crimson (@ 83) then I ever did Pole. And I did die more then a few times before I got the timing down on Pole b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nob hit me for 5.1k x.x
    (without curse)
    EDIT: And I have good gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    REAL clerics pull with tempest >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Uhhh...best hints I can give is to maintain Plume Shell and watch for the timed debuffs
    TBH I found Crimson (@ 83) then I ever did Pole. And I did die more then a few times before I got the timing down on Pole
    ty b:thanks
    now big question: do i really want to train on squinty eyes enough to be able to tank pole? will jam want to stay with me and res me every time i wont do well enough? hmmmm... being squishy arcane who can tank pole sound kinda nice b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheBishSlap - Lost City
    TheBishSlap - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    plumeshell when polearm axes you then the second ep purifies you
    then just atk
    @aya
    oh and get more hp if you want to tank it but plumeshell will allow you to tank it easily
    im jahailad and i cant change my avatarQQ
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    REAL clerics pull with tempest >:O

LOL, epic win b:chuckle
    ty b:thanks
    now big question: do i really want to train on squinty eyes enough to be able to tank pole? will jam want to stay with me and res me every time i wont do well enough? hmmmm... being squishy arcane who can tank pole sound kinda nice b:avoid
    plumeshell when polearm axes you then the second ep purifies you
    then just atk
    @aya
    oh and get more hp if you want to tank it but plumeshell will allow you to tank it easily

I would like to see a cleric tanking pole and nob, I would actually love it but, what would you do after plume shell goes away? use WoP? probably will last 1-2 hits, then what? lolb:laugh
  • KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear
    KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I use to have a zeal genie, and it was very useful to me. we're not as squishy as you think.
    all I do is, throw on "wings of protection", and then i'm good to go.

It's a very powerful shield that usually lasts for one very strong attack. But if the attack is weak, it just kind of stays on. lol

I'll have to get Wings of Protection on my Cleric. b:laugh
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    =.= who need to lure
    holypath rush through all and make them reset.
    easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have my main genie that has all my real skills on hand (HP, ToP, etc) then I have a low level Zeal that I leave in trade state. So if I want I can throw that bad boy on and pull if I must or I can just trade it to the barb and have them use it. Since it's a low level genie to begin with I've never had a problem with someone not trading it back after the run and even if they were so lame that they kept it I'd just get another. Problem solved.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    I would like to see a cleric tanking pole and nob, I would actually love it but, what would you do after plume shell goes away? use WoP? probably will last 1-2 hits, then what? lolb:laugh
    nob is doable. really. i learned that 'curse' debuff isnt that bad, even if you dont time puri perfectly you will live. if you mistime puri of reduce pdef... well... byebye :P and better learn tanking curse bossess as in delta you will have to tank first bosses anyway and one after 2nd wave does curse a lot...
    pole i tried tanking by accident. it was fb 69 for a guildie, and bm left squad... arcane veno was tanking (highest hp in squad b:cry) and first time pole killed him, so i grabbed boss to buy time for other cleric to res... mana burn from shell and repair costs were horrible, but i held him long enough... actually much longer than i expected. i was able to tank all normal attacks and his aoe, only his special axe hit got me in the end, but at that time veno was up and buffed so we could continue...
    i used guardian light once, then plume shell, cast 2 ih when it was at about 15 secs for heals to kick in, puri when i saw pole casting, and some plumes or cyclones in between so hed stay aggroed on me... quite frantic clicking and wasnt fun at all... i once thought solo healing bm for pole is hard, now i know it was piece of cake... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why are people (even clerics) so obsessed on getting a Zeal?

For pulling/luring mobs. That's pretty much the only reason for wanting a Zeal genie.
  • PhantomCrow - Sanctuary
    PhantomCrow - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Have any of you guys thought about when us clerics are doing our own quests by ourselves? Cause I haven't seen anyone acknowledge that yet. Plume shot has a good chance of aggroing mobs in the area so how are we supposed to pull with out having a veno or anyone else in the squad? I use my zeal to pull apart mobs so I don't get swamped by 5 melee mobs at once and die.

Lolz any ways I got my zeal via npc.
    I reject your reality and substitute it with a muffin.
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what are you thinking??

what kind of ppl will ask cleric to pull?? someone who is not smart.... probably...(YOU!!)

everybody knows better...come on... having a zeal genie donsn't mean "I want to pull the

bosses" b:angry

When there is either a stupid veno in the party; the party not running well, and the whole party needs a PULL to occur, people will then consider that Zeal right on your shoulder with a smurk. b:chuckle

My veno is a veno but have a Zeal
    My cleric is a Full Support but have Discipline :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XVampBILLx - Raging Tide
    XVampBILLx - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    whats wrong with a cleric having a zeal genie?
    i have one and love it. pulling mobs is not hard. pull it and run back and barb attacks.
    its very simple. also i recommend earthquake genie skill. i hardly ever get hit by mobs if ever.
    and if its a ranged mobs you should be able to kill it before it does any serious damage.
    i only ih myself once if needed and im fine.
    if you're having problems maybe you shouldn't be a cleric. b:victory