FEMALE Barbs

Options
buttercupcruella
buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
I was inspired by another thread talking about people's experience with different classes. A lot of girls there wrote that they 'REFUSE' to play a barbarian, because there is no female barb. They like to look pretty in game (not be a hairy [insert an animal]), wear female fashion, be able to customize their chars more.

The customization, or the lack of it can be a pain (threads from the past), but I thought it aint THAT bad.

Question, out of curiosity is: 'Are you a female irl playing a barb?'

Because this is the barbs' section, I'd assume the answer would only be 'Yes'. However, I'd like to see the numbers. Are female barbs really that scarse or non existant???
If you're a female irl and playing a barb, could you write a few words explaining why you chose a barb while there is no female equivalent?!

If you're a male irl plaing a barb, you can always leave some luv for female barbs.

b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by buttercupcruella on

Comments

• buttercupcruella
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ok.. so it seems that it it's one (or more, or all) of the below:

1. there are no female barbs in game

2. female barbs do not come to the forums

3. female barbs do not seek any info about barbs, because they already know it all

4. female barbs do not want to expose themselves; they wanna remain the nameless dude, so they can enjoy gaming instead of being hit on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If guys can play veno, grils can play barb.
    /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know of at least two Barbs that are female in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know about.....yea, 2 Barbs that are female in rl. Pro Barbs too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FEMALE = Ferocious Energetic Motivated Awesome Lucid Enormous Barbs?
    O.o
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FEMALE = Ferocious Energetic Motivated Awesome Lucid Enormous Barbs?
    O.o

Why no OP Hamster barbs in game?b:laugh

To stay on topic: I know 3 females that play barbs. 2 of them have other classes they've leveled into mid 9x levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why no OP Hamster barbs in game?b:laugh

because they would be too powerful.
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Glad to hear that there are SOME female barbs out there.

And, Hamsta, you found a way to ... decode my writing?!b:shutupb:shocked

No hamster barbs, 'cause FEMALE b:laugh barbs are already OP.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grrrl - Dreamweaver
    Grrrl - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I chose the name specifically to remove any confusion.
  • Tygryska - Lost City
    Tygryska - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes, I'm female irl and barb in game. On Harshland I have male cleric too... cos I think male animations looks better when female. And for fun. I love being a fluffy kitty b:cute rawr and meow to people, sometimes if they don't know the TRUTH they think I'm a **** lol 8D (<-- I think I like to being called **** in game, cos when I'm a girl irl why I have to care? xD)

So...

2. female barbs do not come to the forums

I am! How this can be??~

3. female barbs do not seek any info about barbs, because they already know it all

And I'm here again! I know many things but I like to see if here is any new info about kitties, maybe patch give something new to us... maybe... or just funny clips/screenies ^_-

4. female barbs do not want to expose themselves; they wanna remain the nameless dude, so they can enjoy gaming instead of being hit on

I'm doing completely different, when i'm on my male chars I'm almost always remaiming everyone I'm a girl XD why? To shock them i guess xD (<-- again for fun lols)

If my new sig is working you will know more about my other chars :D ---> it doesn't work o.O ?

EDIT: Umm my lvl currently is 74 NOT 37 o.O <-- why this doesn't want work?!

I don't see many hamsters in catshops.... cos I eated them all ^,..,^ rawr
  • buttercupcruella
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Tygryska, finally!!! Thank you for showing yourself. I almost lost hope. I might try pming you ingame, 'cause you're on my server...

Grrl, nice to have ya as well!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

b:victory

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Girl_barb - Sanctuary
    Girl_barb - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    <----is a female playing a barb

I dont mind playing a hairy buff tiger mutant. I can take the hairy women jokesb:chuckle
    but i do miss playing a girl char from time to time. for that I have an alt, a venomancer.
    and i do go looking for info about barbs on the forums i still got a looot to learn lol
  • buttercupcruella
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yay!!! So it looks like not ALL girls are the same and want their chars to be polished from head to toe and blablabla... (sorry for this, but I wanted to throw up seeing all those chicks REFUSING to barbs 'cause there are no female barbs, LOL).

And yes, you wanna be a chick sometimes too? Sure, an alt is always cool.

BARBS FTW THOUGH.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NOT ANOTHER THREADb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Heyo,
    Now i am a male irl as well as a barb ingame. I know 5 women who have barbs and actively play on them. And i am gonna say this with much shame......alot of female barbs tend to be better at it then males. Now i am not saying Men playing barbs means we suck..... just when you go to teach a female how to play a barb they pick up Fast! Why? Most women show to be very attentive to whats being told to them.

Sometimes i get upset at these new barbs coming in who have orcaled themselves to the top. They haven't gotten a chance to actually learn the charcter and the skills with it. So then you get in a party with a barb((i have a psy too fun fun)) who has no clue what they are doing. I have yet to meet a female barb that doesn't know what they aren't doing. But hey i have only met 5 of em((taught one myself i can vouch for herb:victory)). My point is that maybe there should be more female barbs out there....alot less death in parties((provided that no one is trying to show off)). Thats all i have to say hope what i said either encourges more females to play...or more males to really evaluate how they play. b:shocked

P.S. I am not saying all barb males are fail just i have ran into a long string of fail ones lately and its got me worried.....b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tavoh - Raging Tide
    Tavoh - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You get more fail'd male barbs because most pick barb as there first class to learn the game and as a male I to fight the urge to just run in thinking nothing can hit me.
    b:chuckle

I'd so own as a veno if they had a male one.
    ;-;
    I feel creepy as a veno girl.
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    eh bud i have a veno and she is awesome....gave her big bewbs and everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annabella - Heavens Tear
    Annabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes I'm a rl female playing a Barb. And I'm straight, not ****. b:bye I actually really enjoy how powerful I feel and the protection I give people. ^^
  • jack0squat
    jack0squat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    im a female in rl and i play a barb in arch server i also have a bm and veno in heavens
    tear ....i like playing a barb b:cute.....purrrr .....................b:chuckle
  • buttercupcruella
    edited July 2010
    Options
    NOT ANOTHER THREADb:cry

This is PWI's forum... Hmmm... LOTS of threads, you have to get used to threads, ya know?b:chuckle

And yes, I do have to agree with the female barbs being more attentive. For me it kinda was pride. Since I'm playing a male char, which is supposed to do all the manly things (protect, fight, etcb:laugh), I wanted to do it all better. I'm not saying I'm the best, but I do try hard. Soloing goes well, workind with a squad does too if there are no noobs/ show offs/oracles babies....etc on the team.

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear18
    / gellus - Heavens Tear18 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm female irl playing a barb... I have my 2 female characters I play the most. My barb's name is \/la***** (I partially hides from you), so I'm not hit on when I don't want to be. Only my friends know that my barb is me, and that I am female.
    However... I would like there to be a female barb. If you don't want to be huge and furry, fine, but maybe they could have regular sized bodies like every other female char, but be an animal? I don't see a problem with that. (If the female barb is ever implemented give us a snow leopard option pleaseb:thanks)
  • ShastaFrost - Heavens Tear
    ShastaFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    exactly! i love running around the pretty white tiger, and fighting things in tiger form. its a switch for me from my lv80 veno. im in no big hurry to level this guy, just enjoying him as is.

Yes, I'm female irl and barb in game. And for fun. I love being a fluffy kitty b:cute rawr and meow to people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not everything you see is as it seems....
  • Noxey - Sanctuary
    Noxey - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I love playing barb. I've got a veno as well, but let's face it, without a herc and nix, tanking just isnt the same. And even then, there are bosses a veno cannot tank (such as the fragrance one in FCC). It's in my nature to be nurturing and protect (as I am a mother) so the barbs just kinda suit me. I do wish they had a fem version, (don't suggest veno, cus like I said, they are NOT the same) but I don't have any qualms with playing a male char. I even married a guy playing a girl char on him lol

And I agree, too, that it can be fun to be in a squad with people who don't know you are fem. Especially if the male char that is married to your cleric is also in squad and you start flirting....xD
  • Voshna - Sanctuary
    Voshna - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Girl barb here. People just assumed i was a guy so went along with it, when i first stared playing then i pretended to be a **** guy X) it was more in-faction joke. That was a long time ago now, i make no effort to hide that im a girl. I would like a girl barb option but id like it to resemble a feminine werecreature, keeping in with the male barb.
    I never was a girly girl so i jumped right into the melee side. Plus i love werewolves so alls goodb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Girl barb here. People just assumed i was a guy so went along with it, when i first stared playing then i pretended to be a **** guy X) it was more in-faction joke. That was a long time ago now, i make no effort to hide that im a girl. I would like a girl barb option but id like it to resemble a feminine werecreature, keeping in with the male barb.
    I never was a girly girl so i jumped right into the melee side. Plus i love werewolves so alls goodb:chuckle

Lol, yea, exactly! People assume venos are chicks and barbs are malesb:chuckle I heard a couple of times how a guy was hitting on a male veno... and he didn't know the truth for a long time... Funny stuff.b:laugh Glad to hear about your experience fellow female barbs. Keep up the good work!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorlani - Dreamweaver
    Zorlani - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I decided about a week ago to build a barb because they are so rare. I am a female playing a barb. It feels kinda weird because I was playing a lvl 94 Veno with a herc. My veno seems to do basically the same thing a barb does with a few exceptions like BH 69 polearm. I wish I could have made a female. My husband made a female cleric to play with my male barb. Role reversal gotta love it. b:surrender
  • buttercupcruella
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^kuddos for the idea with a female husband cleric:)b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ammy_chan - Heavens Tear
    Ammy_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I always loved the barbs but theyre a pain to lvl >.> to slow =3 And i don't like the tanking part much. But I love the true form, its sooo cute <3(Animalfan here xD) I'm trying to lvl one now :3 With some patience i think i'll come to love my barb eventually.

And I think there are more girls playing barbs but not as their main or something b:chuckle
  • buttercupcruella
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It might be hardish to lvl to 30 (at least I got angry a couple of times back in the day..), but then I fell in love with my barb. I do my quest solo and only tank fbs/bhs/tt/fc or other bosses when I'm willing to do so/there aint any1 better suited (like a herc for TTb:pleased). Good luck with your barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.