Sin Combo Survey

2»

Comments

• werfghjklo
    werfghjklo Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's not all about dps, skill spamming has its place.

If you need to stun lock, you skill spam. Most classes have a really killer move they can use to disable you for a few seconds (sleep, stun, seal) and then tear you a new one. This is how you avoid^

If you want to prevent a charm battle and 1 to 2 shot someone you skill spam (AA and LA only). Using jone's blessing, chill of the deep, tangling mire, double spark, and wolf emblem, I can crit 12k easily with a throatcut on decently geared 90-100 LA.

If you want to kill someone that's standing among 40 ppl that have you on KOS, you skill spam... or aoe them all :3

Or you use pop maze step, inner harmony if needed and head hunt> Normal attack till stun wears off > Occult/Shadow tele>Normal attack.

Just because you have -int doesn't mean you don't use your control skills.

As for AOE-ing large groups, Anyone who doesn't think subsea+Bramble+rift=shaxymessofdeath should be hit b:dirty
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The main appeal of skill spamming is the oneshot. If you're using interval to kill someone, you're demon sparking (or at the very least sage spark with RC).

Triple spark takes 3 seconds to channel. In a pvp area, that's like shooting up a firework saying "ATTACK ME HERE PLEASE!!!" So while you can kill whoever you're attacking (provided they don't have a halfway decent genie/pvp pots), you're going to get ganked by anyone else that's walking around. So conservatively, your entire attack is going to take 6-7 seconds (against a noob player that has no way of fighting you off, it will likely turn into a genie battle if they're decent). Compare this to the time it takes to double spark (while stealthed), buff up, and lay down a tangling mire + headhunt, which WILL oneshot many robes and LA's.

Also, maze steps doesn't prevent sleep/seal. Tidal does, but I wouldn't risk it if I could help it. Try attacking an essence/spec wiz with normal attacks and let me know how that goes b:bye

And I agree, aoeing is a great strategy. However, I'm keeping my name white at this point. If i aoe in a group of red names outside of west arch, I'll probably kill most of them, but will get ganked by the 421 white name's that hang around waiting for someone to turn pink. If i turn my protections off, that combo would work beautifully, tho I would power dash before subsea to increase the crit chance on rift + bramble.
  • werfghjklo
    edited June 2010
    Your problem here Leif is that your thinking about that situation Pk TOO MUCH. (By situation PK I mean hanging around places like silver spring and archo and picking off people blah blah the boring stuff)

If you were really doing that you'd know NOT to demon spark out in the open because DUH demon spark literally screams pew pew my face with stuns now. Even so you can still maintain a huge interval without demon sparking and drop most people with a occult ice>Normal attack with tangle mire mixed in, only taking a few seconds.

Like I've said before though, Just because you have -iNT doesn't mean your not gunna use any skills. Hell even with -int I'd double spark>Headhunt>Normal attack>occult if needed, which i'd doubt i would since I'd **** face anyway.

The point I'm trying to make here is -int just always wins in my opinion, because even if you do go -int YOU STILL HAVE SKILLS and you can play spamming, normal attacking, or mixing it up like a pro.

Level 92's should be red name :<
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    werfghjklo wrote: »
    Your problem here Leif is that your thinking about that situation Pk TOO MUCH. (By situation PK I mean hanging around places like silver spring and archo and picking off people blah blah the boring stuff)

If you were really doing that you'd know NOT to demon spark out in the open because DUH demon spark literally screams pew pew my face with stuns now.

That's what I said.
    Even so you can still maintain a huge interval without demon sparking and drop most people with a occult ice>Normal attack with tangle mire mixed in, only taking a few seconds.

You can't kill any decent or same level HA's with that, at least with anything under -.4
    Hell even with -int I'd double spark>Headhunt>Normal attack>occult if needed, which i'd doubt i would since I'd **** face anyway.

There's no point when you can just put chill up and 1-2 shot them anyway (LA and AA).
    you can play spamming, normal attacking, or mixing it up like a pro.

Is what I'm saying
    Level 92's should be red name :<

I'm farming the rest of my interval gear and don't want to deal with SL b:surrender
  • werfghjklo
    edited June 2010
    I've only got my lunar cape
    blood moon bracers
    rank4
    and a hook and thorn in use now :[

Close to having my lion heart pieces done... Then i gotta go from 90-99 :[
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The point I'm trying to make here is -int just always wins in my opinion, because even if you do go -int YOU STILL HAVE SKILLS and you can play spamming, normal attacking, or mixing it up like a pro.

and that's why i choose sage ... they got the better skills and with genieskills u still can reach max. aps
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Eh it's arguable, I'd say demon spark, headhunt, and shadow tele alone are worth the hamburger fairy. Not saying sage doesn't have amazing skills (sage BP + subsea b:dirty), but demon just seems more of a killer in 1v1 pvp.

As for an RC genie, yes you can have the same OR BETTER aps as a comparably geared demon sin. Only drawbacks I can see are 1) it's nowhere near as spammable as demon spark 2) shorter duration 3) uses up genie energy which can be used for occult + mire.

A 3.33 base aps sage sin with RC will dominate tho.

Once I hit 100 and get enough interval, I'd consider going sage for pvp. In a few months I can see sage sins completely owning in TW solely with their aoe capabilities; a single BM and sin could easily wipe an entire cata assault team
  • werfghjklo
    edited June 2010
    a single BM and sin could easily wipe an entire cata assault team

Possible... Imagine the damage a dragon'd subsea's amp'd (lets just say a sage veno ran in there too lawl) bramble rage would do on a barb.

b:shocked
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    another cool aoe combo:

chill of the deep > stealth > 2x spark > inner harmony > tanglicng mire *>* power dash > **[BM's aoe stun] **> rising dragon strike > subseastrike > earthen rift > bramble rage > shadow scape...

*try to do this very fast.
    **if u r doing this combo on 3 mobs or more make sure to have a BM to aoe stun.

after this.... nothing survive b:angryb:victoryb:laugh
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Once I hit 100 and get enough interval, I'd consider going sage for pvp. In a few months I can see sage sins completely owning in TW solely with their aoe capabilities; a single BM and sin could easily wipe an entire cata assault team

this wont be possible unless the barb has like 15k hp lol
    try that in a tw with spectral, essence or kamisama ... all the cataullers have 25k+ hp and gears that give them nice resistances ...

in a tw against yakuza or another lower geared faction it might be possible to kill all the catapullers with a combo out of 1 Subsea + dragons + 2 bramble rage. OFC it is adviseable to use a skill that increases your crit rate before that :-P
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Lol yeah I wouldn't try it in a big 3 TW to kill the barb, but you have to admit that it's a semi-viable role for sins to play during TW (aside from picking off arcanes + LAs). Even in a legit TW situation, the BM and sin combo would kill or at the very least tick the entire cata team's charms. If you time a BID from a wizzie or two on a group of amped and dragoned attackers, i'm fairly confident everything will be dead (short of the barb turtling).

Absolute worst case scenario with a 30k hp barb pulling a catapult that just refuses to die, you've at the very least ticked his charm and wiped the majority of people around him.
  • Zetz - Raging Tide
    Zetz - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    nonono, try this out:
    whisp your target(to distract his concentration), then when u think he is going to reply your pm, attack him with any combo u like A__A