Options

Comments

• Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well then why single out Packs?

If you want to declare a boycott, then boycott the game, uninstall it, and move on.

But if you keep playing the game then you are supporting the game. F2P games base their business model on attracting a large group of non-paying players that entices paying players to beat by paying money. By playing without paying you're still supporting the entire system.

your kinda missing the point, its to not support packs, to stop buying them so PWE will stop shoving them in the cash shop, the plan is to support the game and keep it going strong as it once was when pw-my was *the* server to play.

hell i can still remember when packs wernt even a thought, going about lvling was something to do, find ppl to do it with and get random convos when random ppl, now its just BH for random ppl if u don't CS cos now grinding is almost pointless, and if u don't CS, u cant really FC with random ppl, and the only real talking there *most the time* is when ur being told what to and not do.

i loved being able to zhen level or just aoe grind, especially when i was on HL, grinding anywhere always watching my map for some1 to appear and jam the T button down to see if it may be a upcoming pk, now u can leave the safezone and do ur own thing without even the slightiest worry, dramas was always starting and such with the outside pk, now its ppl waiting outside the *obvious* pk zones with *mass pk here every1 come!* on the odd occasion.

anyway yea mass amount of text and tl'dr so cut short, the only way this game will get its past former drama glory and fun of being around the pw world (not in a dungeon all day) is with packs and maby even hypers ceasing to exist.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There's actually a rather low percentage who buy packs. The problem is, they buy ALOT of packs. Its similar to the real world where only 5% of the people hold 95% of the wealth. Yes there's alot of people who buy a few packs, but that maybe totals 5% of pack sales. 95% of pack sales come from very few people with alot of in game wealth.
    Technically, I suppose it's true that only very few are buying the Packs. I estimate I've probably averaged about 250 Packs per day since the start of the year. Yet I haven't opened a single one, since I just re-sell them to others.

I can't speak on behalf of players who buy Packs directly, buy I can say that as a merchant the vast majority of my sales are from people buying less than 10 Packs at a time. Perhaps only 1/4 of my total sales are from people buying 11-20 or so at a time, and it's rare to see purchases greater than 20.

Rationally, this makes sense since with the 10% discount for 50 Packs small purchases were cheaper to buy from merchants than they were to buy from the AH. However, pre-10% discount Anniversary/Coral sales were very similar. Likewise the Sunshine Packs are following the same pattern as well.

So while it's true there are a few rich players spending $1000 or more on Packs, the number of casual 1-10 Pack purchasers is pretty huge as well. I've earned about 500 million since the start of the year just taking a 4-6% profit from selling to them, and I'm only 1 of many merchants on my server doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited June 2010
    Options
    your kinda missing the point, its to not support packs, to stop buying them so PWE will stop shoving them in the cash shop, the plan is to support the game and keep it going strong as it once was when pw-my was *the* server to play.
    This is actually one of the ways I make my money.

For example, people declare boycotts on buying "high priced" Gold, thinking that by doing so Gold prices will come down. Except that they then go right ahead and buy from merchants who bought the "high priced" Gold, added a 5% profit margin, and sold cash-shop items to the very same boycotters.

I know because I actually had somebody tell me flat-out that they wanted to buy some cash-shop items from me because "Gold is too expensive". It made absolutely no sense to me, and I couldn't seem to explain it to them in a way they could comprehend. In the end I just did what they wanted, pocketed the profit, and shook my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i am ambivilant about this...the packs themselves are simply packs of helpful items, with the occasional uberprize. the real problem lies not in them, but in the players with more money than good sense, who buy hundreds of packs, either looking for the prize or to resell the items at inflated prices. because of the packs, i have been able to shard the armour that members of my family wear, and get moulds with chips that i would otherwise not be able to get.

what i hate about the packs is the gambling fever that siezes players....and a very large number of these are children. so PWI is early on exposing children to gambling, and perhaps even theft from their parents, in order to buy these.

so, rather than ban packs, perhaps put a cap on how many can be bought by players at each ISP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

what i hate about the packs is the gambling fever that siezes players....and a very large number of these are children. so PWI is early on exposing children to gambling, and perhaps even theft from their parents, in order to buy these.

+12

However this game is not aimed to kids so it's a weak argument. At first all those kids shouldn't play this.

From ToS:
    Notwithstanding the above, certain portions of our Website and some of our games may contain mature contents not suitable for anyone younger than 18 years of age. We will require that you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older to access such content. If you enter any portion of the Website which is intended for or is marked for mature audiences only, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years old or the applicable age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and have the legal right to access such content. We shall not be responsible in any way for your failure to accurately confirm your age per the terms hereunder.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i am ambivilant about this...the packs themselves are simply packs of helpful items, with the occasional uberprize. the real problem lies not in them, but in the players with more money than good sense, who buy hundreds of packs, either looking for the prize or to resell the items at inflated prices. because of the packs, i have been able to shard the armour that members of my family wear, and get moulds with chips that i would otherwise not be able to get.

so, rather than ban packs, perhaps put a cap on how many can be bought by players at each ISP?

1.) The higher amount of people buying packs does not inflate the price. Rather, it does the opposite. The buyers such as YOURSELF are the ones who inflate the prices. Its a buyer's market.

2.) lawl. you must be joking. That like saying: I refuse to work for more than $10.00/h. Who in their right mind will do that?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service.
    70bff581.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • XXLoLiPoPsXx - Archosaur
    XXLoLiPoPsXx - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I single out packs because it is the aspect of the game that I feel has changed it dramatically for the worse. I am not against boutique at all, having bought nearly every set of fashion that came out since day 1. I feel that most ppl that charge nowadays use it mostly on packs, so if a boycott of the pack is made there should be a drop in total sales.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I single out packs because it is the aspect of the game that I feel has changed it dramatically for the worse. I am not against boutique at all, having bought nearly every set of fashion that came out since day 1. I feel that most ppl that charge nowadays use it mostly on packs, so if a boycott of the pack is made there should be a drop in total sales.
    I wish thee luck th_114_.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I feel that most ppl that charge nowadays use it mostly on packs, so if a boycott of the pack is made there should be a drop in total sales.

unless you persuade the people that buy the packs not to buy them boycotting the packs is kinda pointless... you cannot boycott something that you dont buy. it's like vegetarians boycotting meat. so, you either boycott something else but the packs to make your point (that you dont want packs) or this campaign function is to make pl resist the temptation to buy packs, to aquire some sort of commitment
    of course that's not useless.
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "I pledge to refrain from purchasing packs of any form"

Nor will I ever purchase anything with rl money from the cash shop. I have more important stuff to buy other than virtual items that don't do me any good in rl.b:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So, are you complaining because leveling is too easy now compared to after closed beta, or that packs/tokens have ruined the game?

Sorry, but the majority do love packs and tokens. The forums are a small amount of the community, as most people don't ever post. Even so, most of the people you would get would be those who don't buy packs or tokens. As has already been said, most people who buy packs using gold buy them in bulk at very large amounts, and keep doing so. If you got these players to think "well, I guess I don't need to make money in this game so easily," then you might have a chance at being successful. However, how many groups have there been boycotting Wal-Mart because they aren't a union company? It hasn't worked out so well so far for them.

I too have been hear since the beginning of Lost City. I was one of the people who were already playing closed beta on the first day it was open. I've seen it change, and I have to say, I'm not disappointed. Yes, everyone reaches the upper levels very quickly. Yes, everyone can get these uber gears by cash shopping. Yes, cash shopper have more of an advantage than they did in the beginning.

PWE is not a gaming company, it is a business. If you want a game where the Devs are all about customer satisfaction, you need to play a P2P game. However, PWE will continue to make more money by selling packs, and your boycott is going to earn nothing because you aren't going after the source of your problem, that being those few who actually buy packs in bulk. Just as well, unless you think you can convince them that earning a lot of money in this game very easily is bad, you will not be successful in your endeavor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But again I'm wondering how strong your commitment is to your principles.

For example, are you going to insist on making your own Immaculate shards from scratch for 4.5 million each, or are you going to get them for 1 million each like everybody else? If you get them for 1 million, you're supporting Pack sales, since that's where they're coming from.

When Anniversary Packs first came out I didn't like what they were doing to the game, but I didn't try to live in denial either. I adapted to how they changed the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Packs. I like them they make every-day things I need (Pots, Scrolls, Ultimate Subs, Pet food, etc) cheap as hell. I say keep Packs I don't care if OTHER people get better gear then me.... Doesn't affect me in the least. And BTW, a ton of those people that "quit" Come back when they realize this game is still being given Content WAY more then other FTP MMOs, as well as the fact that down and dirty nitty Gritty, there are very few MMOs that top this one. Soo IMHO, Put up or Shut up. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But again I'm wondering how strong your commitment is to your principles.

For example, are you going to insist on making your own Immaculate shards from scratch for 4.5 million each, or are you going to get them for 1 million each like everybody else? If you get them for 1 million, you're supporting Pack sales, since that's where they're coming from.

When Anniversary Packs first came out I didn't like what they were doing to the game, but I didn't try to live in denial either. I adapted to how they changed the game.

+1

I read Warren's first post too and I agree completely with that.

If you are so hateful against the packs and want nothing to do with them, then technically your commitment is to buy nothing from a player who may have used these packs - as such profits will cause them to buy more packs, etc. etc.

I hate what the packs have done to the game but I'm not going to whine about it. I whined about it with the semi-masses last time and absolutely nothing happened. Nothing happened. Nothing is going to happen this time, either. The majority of people don't visit the forums and they probably like the packs. Hell, I like the packs by this point. Easy way of making money if you know how to.

Show us how committed you are to your ideals, but know that the instant you buy something from somebody who uses packs to somehow get that item you buy from them, you are just one of the many who made half-hearted attempts to complain about packs and then, in the end, never kept your word anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Meh. I promised to stop spending cash on packs after the anni packs ended.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i don't mind token's
  • Beldor - Harshlands
    Beldor - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Unfortunatly, nothing will happen like some mentioned.

Ive done myself loads of threads, just wasted my time.

Ppl who think like you, are ppl that played this game like 1 year ago ( myself included ), 90% of them already quit, but newcomers HAVE NO IDEA on what has happaned since then, so they dont give a **** about packs. And most of the pack lovers are newcomers, they have no idea on how packs ruined the game, so they are the first QQers when packs goes for a week.

But now seriously, forget about this. Its not even worth trying, cause lots of ppl have already tried, like me, didnt change anything. Like the game title, it was a "Perfect" world back then, not anymore. Everything perfect ends up being ruined. I suggest game title change, "Ruined World".
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Unfortunatly, nothing will happen like some mentioned.

Ive done myself loads of threads, just wasted my time.

Ppl who think like you, are ppl that played this game like 1 year ago ( myself included ), 90% of them already quit, but newcomers HAVE NO IDEA on what has happaned since then, so they dont give a **** about packs. And most of the pack lovers are newcomers, they have no idea on how packs ruined the game, so they are the first QQers when packs goes for a week.

But now seriously, forget about this. Its not even worth trying, cause lots of ppl have already tried, like me, didnt change anything. Like the game title, it was a "Perfect" world back then, not anymore. Everything perfect ends up being ruined. I suggest game title change, "Ruined World".

O_O sorta true sorta no Pressa has been a player since a week and a half after cb ended. Never stopped playing for good :P And you are not removing my packs until I slowly grind enough cash up to buy all my sage skills via tokens b:angry its the only way to get some of the sage skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I agree with someone we should boycott that charges on cheeseburgahs cause they should be free.

Also did you know that this
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sage the packs! This is cancer! Newbs coming on PWI! /b/ used to be good!!

Oh wait.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sage the packs! This is cancer! Newbs coming on PWI! /b/ used to be good!!

Oh wait.

sage the packs? :/
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sage the packs? :/

It's a 4chan thing. I was making fun of all the "PWI used to be good" cryers, comparing them to the lowlifes of the internet.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's a 4chan thing. I was making fun of all the "PWI used to be good" cryers, comparing them to the lowlifes of the internet.

lol, ic now
    do they seriously Q.Q about "noobs" in /b/ ? lolz
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    do they seriously Q.Q about "noobs" in /b/ ? lolz
    cancer cancer cancer
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. /b/ does not exist. Please tell me /b/ does not exist.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Threads like this are the cancer killing /pwi/
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have the feeling this thread will be closed soon.

I doubt PWI will like seeing you asking players to stop spending money on their beloved packs.

And yes, PW used to be much better than it is now. I know, I was there.

In the beginnings, the cash shop users had some advantages over the others, but nothing too overwhelming. Now PW turned into a Pay-to-Win game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont buy cause im not comfortable buying when they dont tell the odds of winning.

But i hope people empty thier wallets and buy as many packs as possible. The more they buy the higher the supply of tokens and other items. The higher the suppply the cheaper the price, meaning the more likely i will be able to buy one some day in the future.

Those buyers also help support a game i like to play, so don't stop spending folks.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As said on many threads. . .

If you like gambling and spending money buy the packs they could make you a big amount of coins.

If you don't like gambling and spending money don't buy the packs and ignore them.

Ennuf said, packs are not going to be removed, lol.

3 more words:

Not gonna work

b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.