Herc Veno question

SneakThief - Harshlands
SneakThief - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
I see on world chat a lot of people asking for only venos with hercs for FC, etc. what about the venos who dont have hercs? are they not welcome into FC parties? My veno is lvl 57, i dont think any time in the future I will want to spend 200$ on a herc. and if i ever saved up enough in game money, i would much rather have a nix.

so my question is ... are venos without hercs left out of the fun? from FC and TT? are they not welcome?

i know that there are rare pet skills, would it be cheaper to put the same pet skills a herc has on say a glacial walker? i know it would have less HP, and probably not survive as well, but those skills do make its tanking abilities a lot better. would people even care if your glacial walker has those skills, and would still rather have a herc?
Post edited by SneakThief - Harshlands on

Comments

• Orisu - Heavens Tear
    Orisu - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you're a good veno, it shouldn't matter if you're hercless or not. Yes, they DO perfer herc venos because they won't die faster like normally, say, a magmite would? And could possibly tank if the barb magically dies. The herc is just a safety percaution, alot of squads would take a hercless veno, you just have to look around. b:laugh

And the nix is very nice, very good at pvp, grinding, killing faster, AOE, but it'd be cheaper to get a herc first if really, because then the herc can make the money for the nix, why buy the skills if you can just buy the herc WITH the skills? Herc's have alot more PD than a barb which adds to not having more HP, a barb with 13k HP but 9783 PD? A herc with 4k HP and 20k PD b:victory that's much better AND the clerics won't have to waste mana. It saves repair fees, can tank anything in the game if high enough and make venos alot of money, so by the time you're 90, you can afford a nix and full 90 gear and any squad would love to have you no matter what. Venos without a herc aren't worthless, they're amazing and sometimes do alot better without one, but a herc is deff worth the money and patience, besides, a walker won't tank half the TT levels like a herc can, making your own weapons, armor, ornaments and doing your own fbs. b:pleased

Whatever you choose I'm sure you won't get bashed for not having one and don't let them make you feel bad about not having one. Get one if you really want it. b:thanks
  • SneakThief - Harshlands
    SneakThief - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh yea ur right about farmin TT... can venos farm TT in party mode (have 4 people to open party mode then just have them leave)?

also, for now, if i wanted to farm some money to try to start saving for one of the pets... what would u suggest doing? digging mats or maybe something else?
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yea herc venos can solo squad mode. It depends on the level though.

And start saving up! It is a long process but think about the money and gain in return. It is a huge goal to set for anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yea herc venos can solo squad mode. It depends on the level though.

And start saving up! It is a long process but think about the money and gain in return. It is a huge goal to set for anyone.

atm im soloing 2-1 with my scorpion and bear (bear for when scorpion dies,... tends to happen at wurlord or at feng, if im not timing heals good enough),... but am i going to have to grind this way all the way till i get 80mil for a herc??? coz atm a run costs me 80k on subs-price, and sometimes i dont even get a tt mat, and only mirages n klunkys n crusader orders,... so the profit per run isnt really great actually,...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Soloing solo mode has never been considered profitable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Soloing solo mode has never been considered profitable.

Are you kidding me? You my friend, have not played long enough.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That could be true... I wasn't around in the real early days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That could be true... I wasn't around in the real early days.

Those of us that were here from the start, remember the days of venos going through solo mode TT for mats to get lots of coins. At the time, the hercules pet was not in the game so squad mode wasn't even possible to solo.

I remember the days of helping my friends get their mats using my crystaline magmite to run through TT 1-1 all day.

Then one of those friends killing me with that same weapon when we fought each other in TW. lol
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    so what is profitable nowadays than???
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i cant afford a herc atm, no where close actually ... would it be worth adding new skills (from the NPC lady, not special ones) and updating them on a glacier warrior? or should i not even bother and just save that money towards herc fund?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
    edited June 2010
    i cant afford a herc atm, no where close actually ... would it be worth adding new skills (from the NPC lady, not special ones) and updating them on a glacier warrior? or should i not even bother and just save that money towards herc fund?

It is totally up to you. Saving up for a herc takes a long time without cash shop and it's just something you have to work hard for. If you find yourself needing a herc, go ahead. But you probably know already that having a herc does not make you a good veno. People can still do wonders, like yourself, with a walker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    @OP: You, ma'am, I would take on an FC or TT any day. Precisely because you don't have a herc. It's true that a herc can be a boon, but usually people with hercs lead pampered lives, not learning from their mistakes because their herc bails them out.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I personally know a lot of wonderfull and horrible veno's withouth hercs, but also a lot of wonderfull and horrible veno's with hercs.

The point is. With a herc you gotta be carefull (pulling and stuff due to bramble) if you aren't a good veno, A herc will make you fail horribly in squads.
    But a herc in combination with a good veno will be wonderfull to play with :)

A herc can make a good veno shine more, while a horrible veno will be worse with a herc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited June 2010
    A herc can make a good veno shine more, while a horrible veno will be worse with a herc...

Oh, there's plenty of those b:chuckle

Thing is, some venos rely too much on the herc and get themselves killed without thinking over different ways to survive if herc someone "messes up"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]