Betting On TW's

Allorah - Raging Tide
Allorah - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Suggestion Box
There should be a bookie in game that allows us to bet on all the upcoming TW's that weekend. Fun and making money!! :)
Post edited by Allorah - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    there is a big difference from lotteries (games of chance - i.e tiger packs, jones event boxes) and betting and I can't see PWI being able to offer betting in the game without having to go through all sort of legal shenanigans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    there is a big difference from lotteries (games of chance - i.e tiger packs, jones event boxes) and betting and I can't see PWI being able to offer betting in the game without having to go through all sort of legal shenanigans.

this.

also, usually it would be pointless in DWb:chuckle
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    this.

also, usually it would be pointless in DWb:chuckle

This.

b:chuckle
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Too much abuse potential. On most servers there's one faction that rules the whole map. You'd make too much easy money betting on them to win.

You think prices are inflated now just see what happens if they implement your suggestion.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    the only server this could possible happen in is heaven's tear since we have like 3 or 4 guilds that fight TW. but as stated, the legel issues will make this a pain to add.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Betting on factions?

This sounds fun but it's not. Have you ever thought that some factions could rig their battles if it was implemented, just to steal the funds? Who would regulate the bets? Who would keep the money? who would distribute gains?
    Would factions earn anything from that? or would it be just for random people?

You'd better join the top faction that is more probable to win. It would get you better chances of personally earning anything.

That or bet with a friend.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Wenomus - Dreamweaver
    Wenomus - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There should be a bookie in game that allows us to bet on all the upcoming TW's that weekend. Fun and making money!! :)

Bet with coins maybe
  • Allorah - Raging Tide
    Allorah - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yeah I meant this as just betting in game coins. there would be no way to fool proof it just like anything else. TW has rules but there are people that still slip through the cracks and do what they aren't supposed to but that's going to be in any part of the game imo. I would personally just do it for fun and not for greed but I see your point.