Game revolution. Seriously.

Rawing - Sanctuary
Rawing - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Suggestion Box
Every MMO has levels. WHO in the world came up with that idea?! So, my suggestions:

1) every level takes the same xp to level up.
2) character levels are just for showing others how much experience you have/how long you have been playing - roughly...
3) skills don't have levels, they improve every time they're used. Example: damage increases, channel time shortens, mana cost lowers...
4) change the quest system. Every single player has the same quests. NPCs want every player who talks to them to find something, kill some mobs or anything else. The more players there are, the more quests there are. I'd suggest making quests avaiable at certain times, for everyone, regardless of level. (I hate levels. Guess you've figured by now)
5) Quests should NOT give xp (meaning, improve skills) except if it's like you helped some uber-warrior who trains you/gives you tips as a reward for helping him.
6) More items. Every so and so levels (levels again b:angry) there's a new set of clothes... give us more clothes, with different stats. Bad gear, ok gear, good gear, awesome gear. (Awesome gear doesn't have to have the lowest drop rate by the way)
7) add skills; like fighting skills for each type of weapon, how-quick-can-you-unseathe, etc...
8) everyone can learn all skills. Races/character classes only determine how easily your character learns something.

Well... I'm sure I didn't write everything that's on my mind... maybe I'll add something later on.

PS: LOL! This is alot of work! b:laugh b:shocked
anonymous: LMAO!
Rawing: your **** fell off.
=====================
Don't call assassins "sin". They're more like "****". But neither sounds good anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PS: Don't use Photoshop. Use GIMP. It's free. And the result can be seen above.
Post edited by Rawing - Sanctuary on

Comments

• BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No... Just no.

That wouldn't be PWI then, it'd be some other game. b:surrender

No... Just.... don't even think about it b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Rawing - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    But it would be better... no?...
    Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely HATE the chat system. Normal chat = you see all messages. Other chat = you only see that chat's messages. OMFGWTF? I always switch back to normal chat after writing something so I can see all messages. It's really hard to handle if you have a squad and are pmed by someone...
    Maybe I'm just too stupid to use the chat, but that shows that it's too hard to find out how it works... I mean, I'm not someone who has to ask for the way to the cleric trainer in City of the Plume...
    That wouldn't be PWI then, it'd be some other game.
    Well... if PWE makes a new game out of my thoughts, I want to get 50% of all the money they earn... Thanks ^_^
    =====================
    Don't call assassins "sin". They're more like "****". But neither sounds good anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I always switch back to normal chat after writing something so I can see all messages. It's really hard to handle if you have a squad and are pmed by someone...
    Maybe I'm just too stupid to use the chat, but that shows that it's too hard to find out how it works... I mean, I'm not someone who has to ask for the way to the cleric trainer in City of the Plume...

you can write !~ for faction chat, !! for squad chat, click on the name of the person that pm'ed you to reply without changing your current chat filter.
    these modifiers are written automatically when you click on the chat

what i would like is a way to see only the WC
    but i think that i dont have played enough with the chat options so maybe it is possible to do itxD
  • Mitsukaixx - Archosaur
    Mitsukaixx - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    then dont click o other chats.. while in normal chat just type in the shortcut for it example "!!" or for guild its "!~" then u can type in guild or party while still staying in normal to see everything
    OR go to your chat system and click the left side for what chat to be in then check the boxes on right for which chats u still wanna see while being in the chat indicated on the left
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OR go to your chat system and click the left side for what chat to be in then check the boxes on right for which chats u still wanna see while being in the chat indicated on the left

Best solution.

Also... what you're suggesting is ... well it's too late to change PWI into the game of your dreams. Otherwise: Make your own MMO xP ...
  • Rawing - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    o.O Thanx I'm gonna try that... don't have the time now... and I'll add a suggestion as well. Check back soon xD

EDIT:
    Okay here we go...
    9) Items have a weight; weight and a character's skill of using that type of item determine how much damage (if it's a weapon), defense (if it's armor), etc. it has. Carrying heavy items increases a character's strength, thus improving one's fighting ability.
    10) Energy: Characters can't run non-stop any more, nor can they fight or even carry heavy items all the time. People do need rest from time to time... even if they're a wizard or experienced warrior. Damage should decrease while energy is low, increase while it's high (at least for unranged attacks).
    11) Breathing. We all know that our characters don't do it. Limit underwater time, staying underwater too long does NOT result in HP loss, but prevents you from moving (if you've stayed underwater WAY too long lol) and causes death after that. Disabling controls and making the player swim upwards would be a nice option as well.
    12) Add physics... no double jump. No sliding down mountains and teleporting up again, sliding down and teleporting, ... (fixing this bug would be kinda helpful for people who can't fly by the way) No change of moving direction in midair. Allow jumping and flying in instances. Lowering the ceiling and/or adding a nice amount of ranged mobs can surely make up for that.

I still have a feeling that something's missing... D: I'll add it if/when I remember it >:D
    =====================

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I am sad to say that all of your ideas, I do not like.

You propose to put limiters on swimming and jumping, to make this game more realistic. If you do that, it's not PW anymore, it's GTA. If this game permits you to jump high, why not? It allows exploration, to flee enemies, or to jump on roofs, things that is not so common in the videogame world.
    If you want realistic jumps, go try Jade Dynasty.
    Swimming is nerfed? Then no underwater battles, no jade bottle and other artifacts to claim.
    As for running and tiredness, it is the same. PW can have a bad pace already and you suggest to make it worse? In no way I agree to it.

No exp from quests? Then it is NOT a MMORPG, but a MMO Adventure.

More items, more skills, this could already unbalance the game. and if all could learn the same skills, what would be the point in having different classes and races?
    If a BM could use Heal or Purify, or every character could have Defense up, HP up, Mag def up, recovery up, mag atk up and stealth, plus reflect, among other things, it would not be a common character anymore, it would be an in-game GM.

Seriously bud, if you really wanted to put all of those suggestions in PW, the game would be less populated than the Acatama Desert.

Edit: If you ever suggest that aerogears should have limited flight and you must refill in a gas station, I will smack your head with a paper fan.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What the hell...
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Every MMO has levels. WHO in the world came up with that idea?! So, my suggestions:

No. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no. I mean, no.

2) character levels are just for showing others how much experience you have/how long you have been playing - roughly...
    No Again. Might want to suggest instead a special title system that allows you to get X title for being registered to the game for over a certain amount of days. (Like, 364.25 x 5? (5 Years)

3) skills don't have levels, they improve every time they're used. Example: damage increases, channel time shortens, mana cost lowers...
    Meh, it's an all right suggestion, but then everyone would be pew-pew and no room for anything else.

4) change the quest system. Every single player has the same quests. NPCs want every player who talks to them to find something, kill some mobs or anything else. The more players there are, the more quests there are. I'd suggest making quests avaiable at certain times, for everyone, regardless of level. (I hate levels. Guess you've figured by now)
    No, no and no. Different quests for different classes makes those classes unique and more challenging, I love that.

5) Quests should NOT give xp (meaning, improve skills) except if it's like you helped some uber-warrior who trains you/gives you tips as a reward for helping him.
    *facefist*

6) More items. Every so and so levels (levels again b:angry) there's a new set of clothes... give us more clothes, with different stats. Bad gear, ok gear, good gear, awesome gear. (Awesome gear doesn't have to have the lowest drop rate by the way)
    *double facefist*

7) add skills; like fighting skills for each type of weapon, how-quick-can-you-unseathe, etc...
    No. This isn't a pure action game.

8) everyone can learn all skills. Races/character classes only determine how easily your character learns something.
    Like I said before, skills/quests/whatever makes those classes unique.

9) Items have a weight; weight and a character's skill of using that type of item determine how much damage (if it's a weapon), defense (if it's armor), etc. it has. Carrying heavy items increases a character's strength, thus improving one's fighting ability.
    Nuh, uh. I've seen weight systems in the past, they can make the game more challenging, sure... but more annoying than challenging.

10) Energy: Characters can't run non-stop any more, nor can they fight or even carry heavy items all the time. People do need rest from time to time... even if they're a wizard or experienced warrior. Damage should decrease while energy is low, increase while it's high (at least for unranged attacks).
    Go back to playing Monster Hunter.

11) Breathing. We all know that our characters don't do it. Limit underwater time, staying underwater too long does NOT result in HP loss, but prevents you from moving (if you've stayed underwater WAY too long lol) and causes death after that. Disabling controls and making the player swim upwards would be a nice option as well.
    Go back to playing Banjo Kazooie or Super Mario 64, or Sonic.

12) Add physics... no double jump. No sliding down mountains and teleporting up again, sliding down and teleporting, ... (fixing this bug would be kinda helpful for people who can't fly by the way) No change of moving direction in midair. Allow jumping and flying in instances. Lowering the ceiling and/or adding a nice amount of ranged mobs can surely make up for that.
    ALL MMORPGS HAVE RUBBERBANDING, NO MATTER WHAT. Don't even bother mentioning it anymore. It's a ping issue, NOT A GAME ISSUE. Also, when dropping from your flying mount, you cannot change direction.

Go back to your adventure, action or shooters. You seem to like them more. Please note that one of the characteristics of ROLE PLAYING GAMES is their level system. Whether it be action RPG, strategy RPG, shooter RPG, etc. Every RPG has one of these, if not all...

1. Money System
    2. Upgradable Stats, Armor, Weapons, Accessories, Skills, etc.
    3. Leveling System
    4. Combat System (****/Slash = Point > Click > Attack ; Turn-Based = Turn-Based (My Favorite in console RPGs) ; action = free to attack anything at any time, usually with combos, etc.)
    5. An In-Depth Storyline (Most MMORPGs lack this though)
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Srry, i'm unable to read anything that is so beyond stupidity that people can only disagree with it.

b:bye
    edited June 2010
    Srry, i'm unable to read anything that is so beyond stupidity that people can only disagree with it.

b:bye

Then why even post in the thread? b:pleased
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    because there is the nifty little "quick reply" button :D
    edited June 2010
    because there is the nifty little "quick reply" button :D

I don't like using it when I have to use the multi-quote buttons. vBull messes that up by adding an annoying line that says I have one quoted person selected (even on replies that I don't quote anyone.)

And yes, you can have vBull not use multi-quote buttons to use quick reply.

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    may the OP GTFO?
    I have never read anything so stupid in my life O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Now now, don't be so harsh.
    the OP merely doesn't realize what he wants be platformer games.
    Even if some of his suggestions completely contracts the other.
    xD

first me will break down your suggestions:

1) every level takes the same xp to level up. Does this mean no level cap?
    2) character levels are just for showing others how much experience you have/how long you have been playing - roughly... or how well you can mindlessly do repetitive tasks or bot.
    3) skills don't have levels, they improve every time they're used. Example: damage increases, channel time shortens, mana cost lowers... again, it'll just show others that me am skilled at jamming down me attack key and go afk.
    4) change the quest system. Every single player has the same quests. NPCs want every player who talks to them to find something, kill some mobs or anything else. The more players there are, the more quests there are. I'd suggest making quests avaiable at certain times, for everyone, regardless of level. (I hate levels. Guess you've figured by now) mayhaps interesting in fact, there be games being made that has something like that, NPCs who react to the "environment" but that be later in the future.
    5) Quests should NOT give xp (meaning, improve skills) except if it's like you helped some uber-warrior who trains you/gives you tips as a reward for helping him. Then what do quests give? no one would do them.
    6) More items. Every so and so levels (levels again ) there's a new set of clothes... give us more clothes, with different stats. Bad gear, ok gear, good gear, awesome gear. (Awesome gear doesn't have to have the lowest drop rate by the way) This contradicts the leveling just for show thing since that means higher levels have access to moar probably better (since different stats) armor.
    7) add skills; like fighting skills for each type of weapon, how-quick-can-you-unseathe, etc...eh?....doesn't fit the game engine PW be using.
    8) everyone can learn all skills. Races/character classes only determine how easily your character learns something. Again, no one would bother with the other skills except for show.

What you want be more of a game like Mario or some other platformer unfortunately, those games tend to be single player only.
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Well... I'm sure I didn't write everything that's on my mind... maybe I'll add something later on.

Heres what I think
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6267/gtfoh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Oh and I forgot to add this.

CatsoftheApocalypse.jpg?t=1276929775
  • Rawing - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I've seen these reactions coming b:chuckle

@those who just say no, no, no: Gimme a reason/thought, ok? Thanx.

regarding quests: They don't give xp, no... they give items.
    Does this mean no level cap?
    yep, it does.
    how well you can mindlessly do repetitive tasks or bot
    c'mon... everyone can bot in any game... or keep doing repetitive tasks like Crazy Stone quest in order to get spirit.
    This contradicts the leveling just for show thing since that means higher levels have access to moar probably better (since different stats) armor.
    Uh-uh. Wrong. The "set of clothes every few levels" thingy is from PWI. Not like that in my perfect MMO b:laugh And I never said that higher lvl mobs drop better gear... coz there are no high lvl mobs.. coz mobs don't have a level, just skills.

Overall, meh, it WOULD be a different game. I'll give you that. Then let's make this a collection of ideas for a new game, shall we? b:victory
    =====================

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Not like that in my perfect MMO b:laugh

Overall, meh, it WOULD be a different game. I'll give you that. Then let's make this a collection of ideas for a new game, shall we? b:victory

Your perfect MMO? My, my, so modest.

And if you want ideas for a new game, it is no more relevant to PWI, thus this thread should be closed.

I rest my case.
  • Rawing - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    What about realizing a just a few of my suggestions? b:surrender b:cry
    =====================

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    can't see any of them happening - they would break the game even more than it is i am afraid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What about realizing a just a few of my suggestions? b:surrender b:cry
    Any of your "few suggestions" are fail. I've never seen such a fail suggestion in my life.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    sweet mercy sit down and THINK about what your suggesting. exp needed to level up at a fixed rate? with all the BH oracles and public quests out? **** level 100 players in 2 weeks, you'll have thing in days!

the only somewhat decent idea is the more you use a skill the better you get at it.

you say you hate levels, then why the $@#$%#$ are you in a RPG game? levels are a fundamental part of the genre. and at your level, leveling up shouldn't be THAT hard.
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Seriously bud, if you really wanted to put all of those suggestions in PW, the game would be less populated than the Acatama Desert.

Edit: If you ever suggest that aerogears should have limited flight and you must refill in a gas station, I will smack your head with a paper fan.

hahaha XP lol I was too lazy to actually read all the pages sry pplb:surrender, but that is hilarious XD anyway....no way.....if you want to play a game that is "realistic" go play the sims....
    edited June 2010

Again, you be more suited for platformer games instead of mmorpgs.
    something like Mario or mayhaps even free realms (lols) has most of what you want.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Let's change this thread too "New game suggestions for Rawing"
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Again, you be more suited for platformer games instead of mmorpgs.
    something like Mario or mayhaps even free realms (lols) has most of what you want.
    b:chuckle

Hey Mr. Rodent, no naming other MMORPGs... oh wait, it's not a MMORPG. Never mind.

To Scathatch: Good luck, I am outta this thread for now. I guess I caused too much damage already. b:chuckle
    edited June 2010
    Hey Mr. Rodent, no naming other MMORPGs... oh wait, it's not a MMORPG. Never mind.

To Scathatch: Good luck, I am outta this thread for now. I guess I caused too much damage already. b:chuckle

That be right!
    xD
    b:avoid
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wenomus - Dreamweaver
    Wenomus - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Worst suggestion so far D:
  • Rawing - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Listen people. I don't want suggestions which games I might like. I want a realistic MMO. I don't want people to say
    Worst suggestion so far D:
    or
    you say you hate levels, then why the $@#$%#$ are you in a RPG game? levels are a fundamental part of the genre. and at your level, leveling up shouldn't be THAT hard.
    or other **** like that. As I said before: Give me a damn reason why you don't like it. If you can't think of one, shut up.

Any new replies without SERIOUS content will be ignored from now on. Except if I have a VERY good day.
    =====================

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]