Cant connect to game.

Options
DrDrakken - Lost City
DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Support Desk
Hey guys.I wasn't here for a few months. I'd deleted the pwi folder so I re-downloaded and installed it. This new launcher thing says "Update server connection failed" on both update servers, and the details section next to the logo says Explorer couldn't connect to the web page it was supposed to. Any help?

Edit- Saw the other post about this, but none of the things mentioned there work.
[SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
(best i could do T_T)
b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
Post edited by DrDrakken - Lost City on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin, UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

Add the game folder to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software. You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to get into the game, and then turn it back on.

You can try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The game isn't blocked at all. Game is added to exceptins, and I get the same problem even with my firewall/antivirus softwares off. Proxy settings are unticked.
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)

• DrDrakken - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Note: direct download won't work either as the download stays at 0%, so I'm betting its a problem in connecting to the website(or whatever) from my comp..

System info from dxdiag:

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, build 2600)
    System Model: DG31PR
    Processeor: Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200@2.53 GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2 GB RAM.
    Display Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS 512 MB
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)

• saxile
    saxile Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The problem isn't on your end, it's on the server's end, as I've seen this error a lot and I'm having the same issue. The updating part, manual update and auto-update, can see the news and everything although
This discussion has been closed.