Sultra and Dew and Aggro.

Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Wizard
Today in wraithgate, the tank was about to die so i clicked sultra then morning dew and it didnt work. I canceled it and again and tried one more time before sultra ran out and none of them worked. Whats going on. whats the problem? It worked before today. Could it be because of the patch?
Also, i was helping a fact mate with bh51. We were with a lvl 66 Assasin. We were killing fush and i was tanking. A few seconds before he died, the assassin took aggro from me. I was used SS, DP, and GS and i was even sparking. How is this even possible? Btw im LA.
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide
    DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The first one seems like a common lag.For me, i have longer ping to server,sutra needs an extra second to kick in and then the lag carries to the last skill i use - sutra ends in middle or begining of casting but skill is still is with no channel.When i try to enter macro after sutra to quick it happens just as what you describe - i see the animation, get the mana but no zero channel.
    Assassins at higher levels have very good dps, all skills you used are long casts, also sparking takes about the time needed for a cast.Its pity sin didn't react fast to getting aggro.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    yea you are right. thankx.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To your sutra, you might have been in red ball or had some kind of channeling buff that would negate sutra.

To your second, you lost agro because you are LA so your damage sucks. Also Using SS, GS, and DP are horrible DPS skills.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    I understand that im LA, but should i still be able to keep aggro from a Sin who is 15 lvls lower then me??
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I understand that im LA, but should i still be able to keep aggro from a Sin who is 15 lvls lower then me??

It's likely because you are using the wrong skills. Gush -> pyro over and over does far more damage than using longer casting skills such as sandstorm and glacial snare. On top of that, if I remember right.. Fush is earth.. so you should avoid using earth skills (i.e. sandstorm) as they do less damage. You should also note that wizards are known for our high spike damage, not our dps. A sin with -interval could potentially be the highest dps class at end game (although it is unlikely they would have much -interval at 66), so there were a number of things against you. You never really mentioned how you and the sin are geared, but that could also affect why he took aggro.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • _Inferno - Sanctuary
    _Inferno - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    AFAIK RB, reduced channelling buffs and increased channeling debuffs affect sutra. For the reduced channeling debuff, it may appear that you're channeling normally when sutraing.
    As for the aggro stealing, yes, gush pyro is the best combo. You can also afk with that in a macro ('walk behind enemy', gush, pyro). The reason you lost aggro may be because the sin was critting a lot or had interval gear. Or he had mire or some pdef debuff on the boss.
    Characters:
    _Inferno 101 Arcane Sage Crit Wizard b:cool
    magnumcroft 8x Fist/Axe Blademaster b:laugh

youtube.com/magnumcroft
    ^Sanctuary's TW vids yo!
  • Alimion - Sanctuary
    Alimion - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I use Sutra+dew all the time, in fact about a week ago i solo'd(kinda) bh79 with my sons 77 Barb using that exact formula but i added more to it.

Spark Eruption(400% one)+Cloud Eruption+Sutra+Dew dew dew(dew attack dew)

Kept him alive during brigand and linus.

Demon spark + Cloud Eruption + Sutra + Dew Dew Dew like 20k healed HP in like 6 seconds, overkill but fun.

In Fact i am one of those "noobs" that use sutra+dew in duels and wait for the heal rage to begin.

And not for nothing I was LA until 94 and had no problem stealing aggro from any class but an archer.(13% crit helped alot) I actually had to take off rings if it wanted to survive BH/FB or FCC.

as usual its all in the gear, LA + 13% crit was fun before lvl 95.