Which class to pick? These are my preferences:

perfectruler
perfectruler Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi! I'm new and am still downloading the game. Meanwhile, I'd like to ask the pros about the different classes in this game.

I don't plan on leveling to 105, or any other high level. I might get bored of the game when it gets too repetitive or takes too long to level.

I would like to know which class is powerful in the early levels (maybe strongest class from level 1-50) and if possible, can also attack from a distance and isn't a healer/buffer/debuffer.
Post edited by perfectruler on

Comments

• Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I would like to know which class is powerful in the early levels (maybe strongest class from level 1-50) and if possible, can also attack from a distance and isn't a healer/buffer/debuffer.

Venomancer - female only character! Magical class, best soloer, easiest to lvl from lvl1 (because of pets).
    Psychic - can be female or male. Strongest magic character, can kill everything in 2-3 hits, even at lower lvls.
  • shareit
    shareit Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Personally i would go physcic or barabarian for high dd :D physcic though needs lots of pots :D
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    shareit wrote: »
    barabarian for high dd :D

lol.

photobucket.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you want to play solo, I suggest a venomancer (mage build). If you play with a friend, one of you could be a barbarian and the other a cleric. If you just want to be a ranged damage dealer in a squad, I'd go with a wizard or an archer.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Your description sounds a lot like archer to me, but you'll be completely defensless when you run out of arrows :/ If you do decide to go Archer, make sure to get a little extra Magic points from gear so you can fly infinitely.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you do decide to go Archer, make sure to get a little extra Magic points from gear so you can fly infinitely.

Everyone can fly infinitely from level 30 onwards, regardless of magic points.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Everyone can fly infinitely from level 30 onwards, regardless of magic points.
    I'm well aware but if you're an archer, low on MP, you're about to die, and you aren't level 30 yet, you can't exactly fly off to get out of harms way without a few extra magic points can you.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Psychic is REALLY easy at early levels. It's a distance hitter. Really squishy, but, if played right, mobs never touch the psychic before keeling over dead. Archers don't start killing from afar reliably until their first knock-back skill... at least in my experience.

Venos are easy too. You send your pet in to tank, then kill from afar. Easiest formula in the game, and easy to play solo.

That said, you do get 8 character slots per server, so why not try them all? There's no reason not to experiment and have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't roll a wizard unless you're planning on making it to high*ish* lvls, like 60+. Simply put they really, really suck and are hard to play early game.

It sounds like you want either a venomancer or a psychic. Archers are good if you don't mind kiting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Djkingn__ - Lost City
    Djkingn__ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i would chose Psyhic, he is very good for solo, i can kill every mob with maximum 3 hits...b:laugh
  • Qorex - Raging Tide
    Qorex - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Your description sounds a lot like archer to me, but you'll be completely defensless when you run out of arrows :/ If you do decide to go Archer, make sure to get a little extra Magic points from gear so you can fly infinitely.

An archer should NEVER run out of arrows. I know of no archer that would make such a drastic mistake. Your weapons durability and arrows you must check every day.

If you're an archer you NEVER put any points in magic they are waste, and not worth the cost so you can merely fly without worrying about mana drain. As you go higher levels the drain lessens, not to mention you have MP pots. You can also get MP regeneration cape/helmet which negates any drain.

You do get wings at lev30 but are slower than Natural upgraded wings.