Advantages and solo bosses for a sin 91 +

Dicktator - Archosaur
Dicktator - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Assassin
I wana ask what T-T can i go solo for a sin 91+ ? full TT 90 or what mini bosses can i do alone for a good drop..

and if TT which one? im demon got 2.5 hits/sec with spart i did 1-1 .. i m thinking of trying and 1-2 & 1-3 and i need charm for 1-2 or 1-3??

pliz give me an idea what to do. lol what bosses to kill and if you know give me the coordinates and the village name they are near too :) thnx alot ;))

or can i solo bh 59? lol tell me .:)
b:thanksb:thanks
Post edited by Dicktator - Archosaur on

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I wana ask what T-T can i go solo for a sin 91+ ? full TT 90 or what mini bosses can i do alone for a good drop..

and if TT which one? im demon got 2.5 hits/sec with spart i did 1-1 .. i m thinking of trying and 1-2 & 1-3 and i need charm for 1-2 or 1-3??

pliz give me an idea what to do. lol what bosses to kill and if you know give me the coordinates and the village name they are near too :) thnx alot ;))

or can i solo bh 59? lol tell me .:)
    b:thanksb:thanks

well i went sage so i could tank a bit more at 90. you can tank 79 as either. i havent tried soloing tt's. i can do bh89 (phlebo and abomination, as well as the other bosses)
    i can tank frost...havent tried solo but i have run many 3-5 man groups (all assassins)

i also did most of the past culti bosses by myself. some of these take quite a few event HP pots and a charm though.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Dicktator - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    i just soloed 1-1 1-2 and 1-3 ... but the drop are are minimal received just perfect stones and mirages; ) .. i just enter the TT stealth till the boss and without charm just with demon spark and a lot of event pots .:) but the drops inst that good .or maybe i should do it more times ;)
    but i do feel good b:laugh

so if i solo bh ? i just take the drops .:) lol ill try that :)
  • Minkis - Lost City
    Minkis - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    but the drop are are minimal

mmmm...did you do it in squad mode or single mode, i know for sure squad mode is harder but with more drops and other way around
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    i just soloed 1-1 1-2 and 1-3 ... but the drop are are minimal received just perfect stones and mirages; ) .. i just enter the TT stealth till the boss and without charm just with demon spark and a lot of event pots .:) but the drops inst that good .or maybe i should do it more times ;)
    but i do feel good b:laugh

so if i solo bh ? i just take the drops .:) lol ill try that :)

was that squad mode or single?
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Dicktator - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    the single mode...

.. squad mode i need 5 more people to get ..and pay tham 50k each just to come and open the door ....
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    the single mode...

.. squad mode i need 5 more people to get ..and pay tham 50k each just to come and open the door ....

only need 4 people to open the door. just ask 3 of your friends to come help you open. make one of them a cleric friend for buffs and give it a shot ;)

i did go try and i solo'd 1-3 chin.... in squad mode
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Do 1-3 soul banisher. I dare you =P
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Do 1-3 soul banisher. I dare you =P

i tried......b:surrender

i can do it with a cleric..... but not solo yet
  • Neddih - Harshlands
    Neddih - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Not just in solo situations but how much more can a sage tank than a demon? Demon will have faster dps to heal itself but sage has the damage reduction. I know trawne said he can tank more as a sage, but i am not sure what trawnes DPS is already and if a demon could also tank as well with the same equipment given the increased dps with spark combined with bloodpaint. assuming both are pre-99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Not just in solo situations but how much more can a sage tank than a demon? Demon will have faster dps to heal itself but sage has the damage reduction. I know trawne said he can tank more as a sage, but i am not sure what trawnes DPS is already and if a demon could also tank as well with the same equipment given the increased dps with spark combined with bloodpaint. assuming both are pre-99.

i have 90 gold wrists, rank 4 top, and lunar cape. still need tome. i have 1.67 base APS and relentless courage on my genie which increases my APS to 2.5 for 5 seconds every 30 seconds. is pop this when i spark. a demon sin would get 2.22 APS with my gear for 15 seconds. i can pretty much keep myself in constant sage spark with this and all our other chi skills. a demon probably could stay constant sparked too, but at this point the difference in hp he'd get is not going to make up for the reduced damage i'm taking. at 99 with more -int gear it will make a difference.
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    _Nettuno_ - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i have 90 gold wrists, rank 4 top, and lunar cape. still need tome. i have 1.67 base APS and relentless courage on my genie which increases my APS to 2.5 for 5 seconds every 30 seconds. is pop this when i spark. a demon sin would get 2.22 APS with my gear for 15 seconds. i can pretty much keep myself in constant sage spark with this and all our other chi skills. a demon probably could stay constant sparked too, but at this point the difference in hp he'd get is not going to make up for the reduced damage i'm taking. at 99 with more -int gear it will make a difference.

So pre-99 sage is better on soloing bosses and ofter 99 demon could be better? Or am i wrong?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    So pre-99 sage is better on soloing bosses and ofter 99 demon could be better? Or am i wrong?

i did some looking into it in another thread. think i came up with something like demons kill ~10% faster while sage take ~12% less damage over time and gain slightly more HP over time.
  • GetPoked - Sanctuary
    GetPoked - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i just soloed the turtle in bh69 while waiting for my slow party

level 89 pure dex, demon

-.05 int sleeves, and hook and thorn dagger with the same

the rest is TT80 gear with +2 3socket, flaw cits

it took 4 sparks i think to finish him off,only used a little crab meat(like 3) to smooth out health during casting of demon spark
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As a 92 lvl sage sin i can solo all bosses like Krimson eye, mantavip, chrono bosses till silver frost ofc easier ones like kimsa, jewel, gargantong king etc too. Also i can tank all fbs up to 89.. just need luck on polearm in 69 to dont get debuffed with tidal protection. Ive tanked TT's 1-1, 1-2/1-3 (without drum), 2-1, 2-2/2-3 (without forshura and ape) and 3-1 so far without bigger problems.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    As a 92 lvl sage sin i can solo all bosses like Krimson eye, mantavip, chrono bosses till silver frost ofc easier ones like kimsa, jewel, gargantong king etc too. Also i can tank all fbs up to 89.. just need luck on polearm in 69 to dont get debuffed with tidal protection. Ive tanked TT's 1-1, 1-2/1-3 (without drum), 2-1, 2-2/2-3 (without forshura and ape) and 3-1 so far without bigger problems.

pushing the envelope of time and space here @_@

anyway an update since it's refreshed....

i'm 100 now, got 99/nirvana gear, still sage, i can tank pretty much everything i've tried now ( need a cleric for many still) havent tried WB's. i can tank nirvana bosses with cleric buffs and wizard heals ( found this out because cleric died on several bosses b:chuckle), even solo'd most of the final boss due to deaden nerves and keen timing of 3 spark when the mobs exploded ( group couldnt figure out how to kill mobs and kept dieing to AOE)
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    How much damage do the bosses in BH79/89 hit a 9x sin pure dex?
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well it depends on your gears and buffs ... fully buffed i get hit between 1.5k and 2.5k so u will have to use some pots if u want to solo your bh quests.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    How much damage do the bosses in BH79/89 hit a 9x sin pure dex?

linus does around 1-1.5k

brigand does about 1.3-2k

stygean does ~700 once he stops running. 1.5k when i'm not next to him

what makes them tankable early on is rib strike. with rib strike up they only swing once every 4-6 seconds, in that time your bloodpaint and pots replenish your hp.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    u can easily solo them but u have to make sure u are sparking when linus and brig are casting their mag-att, because they do a double hit with that(rib striked or not doesn't matter)
    and @trawne yes u should be able to tank some world bosses. U wont be able to tank the one @ dreamweaver and immolation camp unless u got some uber gears, but others like machinoslitt, the eyeboss, the one near sirry wine camp, the one @ anglers village and the boss in OHT should all be tankable as a sin.
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I've dabbled around in solo/tanking things and here's a list of the things I can do. These are just an indication of what a 92 pure dex demon sin still with full TT80 gear can do.

all pots I use are event pots and I am charmed:

fb/bh19-59 solo, no pots. fb/bh 69 solo with pots. Polearm for me needs heavy potting, ticking, and praying. fb/bh 79 with occasional charm burn and pots. fb/bh 89 with a BB, no pots.

TT1-1, 1-2, 1-3 squad mode, occasional potting, occasional charm burn on the nastier bosses. TT1-1, 1-2, 1-3 solo mode same deal. TT2-1, 2-2 squad mode with lots of potting and burn on the harder bosses. Haven't tried TT2-3 yet. TT3-1 solo mode, haven't tried 3-2 yet. TT 3-1 and 3-2 with a BB, easily. Occasional potting.

Some of the nastier bosses from the chrono wheel quests: Can solo Yan the Traitor and the 3 mini-bosses in the swamp with occasional potting. Can solo Silver Frost, occasional potting to smooth out between sparks. Can solo the 3 nasty bosses in OHT with frequent potting and occasional charm burn.

In my opinion, none of these can be solo'ed for any benefit besides bragging. Maybe if you're passing by Secret Passage and want to do a 3 minute Qingzi run in hopes for molds that he drops 10% of the time...go ahead. The event potions and charm ticks required for the upper level solos are a waste of money. Have fun!
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TT80 gear at 92? And by BB do you mean with cleric because that isn't real soloing. I'd imagine lots of things can be killed with just a cleric healing.

Mainly interested in soloing BH79/89 at 9x because I am tired of fail squads. I also stack my BHs so it's extremely boring waiting for people to turn in and stuff. I mean when it's wined, the actual bosses would take 10 minutes to kill. But instead it takes 2 hours because everyone is flying back and forth. Huge waste of my time. Soloing would mean I wouldn't have to wine it either so if I have to use some event pots to do it, I will.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    the thing is u have to wine 79 -.- they got the moster kill quest like in hh instances into the fb79 ... linus will 1shot you unless u wine the instance or u kill 40 mobs lol -.- guess too many people were sendig tickets that sins simply can shadow jump through doors and solo bosses so the gms get less money cause less tokens are used for makeing wines -.-

so u will have to wine the instance and keep an alt in it or do your bh with a non fail friend
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the thing is u have to wine 79 -.- they got the moster kill quest like in hh instances into the fb79 ... linus will 1shot you unless u wine the instance or u kill 40 mobs lol -.- guess too many people were sendig tickets that sins simply can shadow jump through doors and solo bosses so the gms get less money cause less tokens are used for makeing wines -.-

Except for the fact that the kill quests aren't fully implemented and don't affect the bosses at all. Or haven't you noticed that even when you do kill something, the counter doesn't go up?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Except for the fact that the kill quests aren't fully implemented and don't affect the bosses at all. Or haven't you noticed that even when you do kill something, the counter doesn't go up?

maybe you need to go try again. they HAVE been implemented, they have been working since it was put in, or havent you noticed stygean hitting you for 50k? and the counter does go up b:bye
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Idk what your talking about... Stygean's always hit me for 50 k b:shocked
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My sin is lvl 90 and also hits 2.5 aps sparked. I think duoing 3-1 with a cleric is easy enough, decent profit. Haven't tried 2-3, but I'm guessing we could handle the first boss and the antenna boss, probably Feng if you wanted to. /2cents
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TT80 gear at 92? And by BB do you mean with cleric because that isn't real soloing. I'd imagine lots of things can be killed with just a cleric healing.

Mainly interested in soloing BH79/89 at 9x because I am tired of fail squads. I also stack my BHs so it's extremely boring waiting for people to turn in and stuff. I mean when it's wined, the actual bosses would take 10 minutes to kill. But instead it takes 2 hours because everyone is flying back and forth. Huge waste of my time. Soloing would mean I wouldn't have to wine it either so if I have to use some event pots to do it, I will.

at 90+ you should be able to solo 79 easy if your willing to blow some hp food and if you have stacked some interval
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I never said I solo'ed fb/bh89. If you read a bit more carefully I mention when I solo and when I did not. Solo'ing for is just me alone and no one else (mmm fun). By all means, I can probably solo 89...for about 4 seconds. I'm not interested in doing 89 if bosses like to start smacking 3k damage on me when I really don't have too much hp to spare. Hey, you go tank 89 without a BB in place and without any buffs, then you can tell me what -real- 89 solos are. In the mean time, I'll go with a cleric and duo farm the place without using any money besides wines.

And yeah, TT80. I have almost my full TT90 equipment and ornaments farmed, but I like wearing full sets. Not-full, non-endgame sets are...oh, disappointing, hmm? Besides, I think TT80 gold set looks a lot better than TT90 green. ijs.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    And yeah, TT80. I have almost my full TT90 equipment and ornaments farmed, but I like wearing full sets. Not-full, non-endgame sets are...oh, disappointing, hmm? Besides, I think TT80 gold set looks a lot better than TT90 green. ijs.

well if u matter about looks u can get some fashion lol ...
    the TT90 green set isn't that good it only gives u a nice amount of extra vit but nothing else.
    If u want to solo 89 u will have to have a good amount of -int and charm+pots which would mean it's a waste of coins -.-
    Specially mean is to get hit by phelbo right after he amps u ... i got hit for almost 6k like that + 2k form the amp spell = outch and if u didnt use a pot in time = your dead unless u have 8k hp ...
    with the last few patches they made many things way harder to solo than it was before ...

PS: lol @ the noob trying to tell that the kill monster quest isn't fully implied.