Are barbs able to AOE grind at level 60ish?

Sangohan - Lost City
Sangohan - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
Title says it all,
Post edited by Sangohan - Lost City on

Comments

• LunerXegeth - Raging Tide
    LunerXegeth - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Its called armagedin and a cleric
  • xikasiz
    xikasiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yes they can, ignore noob post above, dont perdition when aoe'ing its a waste of fury and hp/mp - -
  • malteser
    malteser Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yes if you have the sp to get the skills.

slam, swell, sunder, invoke, beastial rage and surf impact are your staple skills for aoe grinding. Armageddon is useful if you can manage your chi but at lvl1 and with low hp it's not recommended.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you're going to aoe grind at that level, find yourself a cleric to party with. The combo of cleric + barb is an awesome one, especially for the barb.

As for mobs in that level range, most of them are ranged magic which doesn't make it easy to aoe grind upon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You can especially with a cleric but us Axe BM best aoe farming
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • ThuderCats - Harshlands
    ThuderCats - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Assassin buff better then cleric.

I would rather go for slam and run on that lvl. Later on if you get a great amount of mobs, bestial really gives you lots of chi. Invoke, bestial, and rip away. Could go with solid shield (Geenie), bestial rage, sunder, slam and run - on that order, could add some attacks, like surf or swell.
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    u could in ur 60s, but i would not recommend it till mid 7x's when u can grind on assassin chiefs inside the boat hehe b:victory

surf impact> frighten> sunder> swell> slam> Firestorm r all really great moves to aeo grind

i dont know about other barbs but i like to grind on as many mobs at once as i can and in such a situation invoke is a real life saver b:chuckle
    Armageddon over lvl 5 is also a great move if u use it properly especially if ur grinding on like 20-30 mobs at once hehe
    the plus point of 20+ mobs is not only the fact that u get exp/ drops quicker but also making chi is a breeze heheb:chuckle i can make full chi in like 3- 4 sec easy

what i normally do is Roar> beastial rage> frighten> surf impact> sunder> surf impact> beastial rage > invoke > ToP (genie skill)> Armageddon> slam (if there are any mobs left)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you're going to aoe grind at that level, find yourself a cleric to party with. The combo of cleric + barb is an awesome one, especially for the barb.

As for mobs in that level range, most of them are ranged magic which doesn't make it easy to aoe grind upon.

well semi magic mobs are bishes, best way to AOE them safely is by getting them bunched together and spark burst to block their magics making them do only physical attacks. Barbs do no need clerics (unless if they are having a tough time trying to block all spells being launched at them or massive AOEs. Most important is that invoke the spirit can help. I know frighten helped with my AOEs on my barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Time and again the question of barbs solo grinding capability during the early/mid game is raised on the forums, the answer to which is yes and no.

Yes, you would be able to solo grind and live to tell the tale.

And No, it will NOT be profitable until you are above 80 and comfortable with a few combos.

Why choose to solo grind, and waste your time and resources, when you will have tons and tons of squads looking for a tank to zhen (squad AOE grind) with?

If you really want to try out solo grinding then you can and should by all means, since it will help you understand your skills better. b:victory But lets not compete with the BMs (we have already taken away their claws b:chuckle ) and leave them at what they do best. GO BMs!!! b:thanks