edited June 2010 in Venomancer
Um... Would this be a good idea? b:surrender
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Tried it, didn't like it. We're squishy by nature, so it doesn't add as much for us. I had a Warsoul helm with 3 DEF+2 gems on it, the helmet had -3% Phys reduct on itself. Granted it worked as advertised (BM did about 10% less damage on me) He was hitting 540s instead of 600s. And since those sockets are now DEF instead of HP, it still comes down to roughly the same %age of HP taken away per blow. For classes like BMs and those higher of Def/HP they're a really good investment, for Venos I'd say not really. Stick to Garnets and Citrines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well, I wasnt really thinking def lvl shards, but attack lvl shards for HA. Granted it would have to be put into lunar/TT99/nirvana, heavy refines best on hp (you'd have to lose some hp, or just refine more) but wouldnt the extra attack bonus be a plus?
    >.<
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As with anything in this game: it depends on the circumstances. Can you imbue -ch into your armor? -no. What's the only way can you imbue more atk or dps into your armor? - Diamond of Tiger. Why would you? -Events like the current Nien Beast one, or situations where you can balls out dd.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    As with anything in this game: it depends on the circumstances. Can you imbue -ch into your armor? -no. What's the only way can you imbue more atk or dps into your armor? - Diamond of Tiger. Why would you? -Events like the current Nien Beast one, or situations where you can balls out dd.

The money for Tigers can just be spent on weapon refines, then put cheap Immacs in your set, you'll have decent Def/HP and a good portion of attack. Diamond of Tigers aren't good on sets if you ask me, unless you're a suicide class like Sin/Archer and strictly about PvP, but you better refine your set to +5/6 to make up for the loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    unless you have like 10k hp it doesnt worth using those defense gems. oh and the real defence reduction gain is much lower
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm confused. Why is it about HP and not Defense also?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • kenlee
    edited June 2010
    check maybe the archer forum? those stones not worth using unless you already have a big number of hp coz the effect expected is disappointing
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    unless you have like 10k hp it doesnt worth using those defense gems. oh and the real defence reduction gain is much lower

On my Veno the stones reduced exactly as much as they should. Tested it with a fist that did the same damage almost constantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    edited June 2010
    quote from a thread that you dont want to read it
    Attack level exactly cancels out defense level but attack level has diminishing returns while defense level has increasing returns. The full sharding with DEF+1 stones isn't really more effective than Citrine gems or Vit stones for most classes unless they have high base HP.
    I actually like vit stones since they raise HP and defense... every 10 vit gives roughly 1% more equipment defense. That makes a vit stone roughly equal to a Citrine Gem + Immac Garnet + Immac Sapphire in one. The higher HP regeneration is a nice bonus too.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    quote from a thread that you dont want to read it

The first quot contradicts your earlier point, so all you really did was harm yourself with that one. On top of that, the post addressed def level +1 shards. However there are also def level +2 shards and with 24 possible slots, someone could (almost) negate the attack level bonus on a warsoul weapon with those shards.

The second isn't really relevant to your point as much as the first. Yes, vit stones are nice if you can't use def level +2 shards for whatever reason. Dos that mean the def level isn't a major help to survivability? No.

Try to remember that high HP means nothing if you don't have the defense to back it up.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Ok, Im just seeing answers about def lvl shards, but what about attack lvl? Would I see a difference fully sharded with them on my dps?
    >.<
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Should work identically - each one giving you +1% on your attack. (Which, again, won't be quite identical to +1% damage, since things generally have defence etc. etc.)
  • kenlee
    edited June 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    The first quot contradicts your earlier point, so all you really did was harm yourself with that one. On top of that, the post addressed def level +1 shards. However there are also def level +2 shards and with 24 possible slots, someone could (almost) negate the attack level bonus on a warsoul weapon with those shards.

The second isn't really relevant to your point as much as the first. Yes, vit stones are nice if you can't use def level +2 shards for whatever reason. Dos that mean the def level isn't a major help to survivability? No.

Try to remember that high HP means nothing if you don't have the defense to back it up.
    what? read again, def shards means nothing w/o hp. you also gain defences with vit stones plus more hp. negate as much as you want those def atk lvl from nirvana/warsoul but if you dont have good gear and high refines, your def lvl shards worth nothing. you have 24 max armor sockets, 18 more possible with nirvana... you wanna gimp yourself using all those sockets for def lvl shards?
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Well I did a calculation on how much hp i would have if i sharded with DoTs mainly, and I think at lvl 100, it was barely over 5k >.< which, probably wont cut it for me (I hoping for 6k+) So, I'll just shard with citrines like normal. Anyways, thanks for the input.
    >.<