No level limits for Rebirth of Gods?

Options
Heriod - Sanctuary
Heriod - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi!,

Along with the introduction of BH quests and Hyper EXP stones, I've observed a drastic drop in number of players who do Rebirth of Gods quest, especially RB Alpha and RB Beta. Its alot of fun, alot more exp than in BH's, brings alot more satisfaction... BUT... is alot harder AND has the LEVEL LIMITS.

Alpha: level 40-55
Beta: level 56-70
Gamma: level 71-85
Delta: level 86+

For people who aren't familliar with the RB types - every Rebirth of Gods (Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Delta) got DIFFERENT sets of monsters, and different bosses, and I even heard about secret quests inside. This is developed to make players discover it over and over again through the different level ranges.

BUT

Who cares? people just don't do it because:
a) its too expensive
b) it takes too much time
c) BH gives more exp with less effort
d) it is too hard to do (especially alpha/beta)

NOW I have an idea, which I hope would be supported (already sent a ticked about that) to
REMOVE THE LEVEL LIMITS FOR REBIRTH OF GODS.

WTH? WHY?:
If you ever run full RB you know - it takes 2,5 - 3h every time, which doesnt depend on lvl or the overall power of the squad. But if a lvl 90+ squad could go to challenge RB Alpha or Beta, wouldnt it be fun for them?

Compare it to TT... You can go to Twilight Temple Requiem of the wraiths: Chronol (1-1) even on lvl 100. Of course there is often no point to do so, but I'm sure u did it at least once to help your lower lvl friend.

The same could be on RB Alpha/Beta/Gamma if we made it 40+, 56+ and 71+. People wouln't need to keep themself at low level just to have fun runnning their favorite Rebirth of Gods.

Removing the upper level limits would revive the idea of running Rebirth of Gods which would make this aspect of the game far more interesting and attractive for both low and high level players.

Sorry for some vocabs/grammar mistakes in advance. I hope the idea remained clear :) I add a poll to this thread to know your opinion. Also feel free to post what you think!

See you in RB :)
Post edited by Heriod - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    or....everyone can just meet up in RB Delta.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    or....everyone can just meet up in RB Delta.

Then what's the point about making Alpha, Beta and Gamma? It was the developers hard work to create all 4 modes different and unique, why should we stick to just one now and let the rest stay abandoned? Of course it's fun to do Delta, but why doing 1 mode only when there are 4 available? :)
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Then what's the point about making Alpha, Beta and Gamma? It was the developers hard work to create all 4 modes different and unique, why should we stick to just one now and let the rest stay abandoned? Of course it's fun to do Delta, but why doing 1 mode only when there are 4 available? :)

Why would the developers bother to make quests after level 40 when everyone can just triple BH, aoe grind, and frost (80+)?
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmmm, I'd say yes to this suggestion, since I never ever participated in any RB (because the most ppl want only exp. and herc venos... AND it's too time-consuming)... it would be fun to run a, let's say, RB Alpha with just a few other high level friends.
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I agree. I've never run one before either, because it is too time consuming, but I imagine that in a high lvl squad it could be very fun.....and not all that long....
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    L2P, rebirth is supposed to be hard. Its fun. Do not kill that sorce of the game.

Go back to BHs if you want rebirth like BHs.

Infact, the BHs need to go and FBs should have level limits themselves... wouldn't that be fun :D... Trying to kill pole in FB59 with just LVL59-58s ^^

Too much time consuming? Serious? 3x BH is more time consuming, just a huge boost of exp is difference b:bye

If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Infact, the BHs need to go and FBs should have level limits themselves... wouldn't that be fun :D... Trying to kill pole in FB59 with just LVL59-58s ^^

Jerk is a jerk.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    .....and not all that long....

Not true. A fast squad would not make it that much shorter. The only time difference is the ability to kill the bosses a bit faster. Wouldnt make that much of a difference as the spawn rate of mobs are timed, not based on how fast you kill them.

Rebirth is actually not that hard. Might be for the spam BH/hyper FC people however....
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I wasn't aware they moved Pole out of fb69 and put him into fb59. Not to mention he can be easily beaten by a squad of level 69s.

That said, I almost agree with you. I wouldn't put an upper level cap on FBs, but I wouldn't mind seeing an upper cap on BHs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not true. A fast squad would not make it that much shorter. The only time difference is the ability to kill the bosses a bit faster. Wouldnt make that much of a difference as the spawn rate of mobs are timed, not based on how fast you kill them.

Rebirth is actually not that hard. Might be for the spam BH/hyper FC people however....

tis true, rebirth be easy if everyone plays their part.
    even an undergeared hamster can do it. (got through it by spamming a boatload of the event hp pots, genie survival skills, and strategic damage control.)
    b:thanks
    fun times.
    d(^.^)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lately passing rb delta bh is hard -.- due to about 50 % of the squad never even being in the instance once...

Actually even before all the hype & bhs very little ppl were doing alpha/beta; because in my opinion from what I can remember they are harder than gama/delta...

If you wana do those instances make an alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thx for replies guys - well, the point is:

If i "outlevel" a TT, I can still go there, for fun, or to make money from drops.

If i outlevel an alpha, I cant get there anymore in the character's life, although I really wanted to see what's inside, to try it out and to have fun there, without spending additional days and coins for making an alt (for which I dont have time and funds, probably like many other people).

Considering People who say: "would be another addition for BH and Hyper exping...". well... NO - people who do BH/Hyper exp doesn't have skill or time to do RB, They buy their hypers or do BH to LEVEL FASTER. Doing a RB you need to spend 2,5h minimum every run (fixed time, doesn't depend on level since u need to wait for next waves even if u kill them fast). This couldnt be a major source of exp as u need big amount of time to finish 1 run...

Don't look at everything in terms of exp, if u want exp, go do your BH's and Hypered EXP FCC's - that's not the point... Removing the limit will make a nice addition for players who want to go there for pure FUN and maybe mystical tome fragments or shard drops.

PWE wouldn't make 4 RBs if it wasn't made for fun. If it was just for EXP they would make RB Delta (maybe gamma too) and finish with it... You outlevel alpha and beta too fast to make it your long term source of exp. But it's a very nice source of fun and teamwork school for players and should be (as TT) kept open for players of every level (or at least without setting a cap for it).

What do you think?
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PWE wouldn't make 4 RBs if it wasn't made for fun. If it was just for EXP they would make RB Delta (maybe gamma too) and finish with it... You outlevel alpha and beta too fast to make it your long term source of exp. But it's a very nice source of fun and teamwork school for players and should be (as TT) kept open for players of every level (or at least without setting a cap for it).

You outlvl alpha/beta fast NOW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Me and other high levels can easily solo Alpha / Beta so people would just be having high levels power level them.

I vote no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Me and other high levels can easily solo Alpha / Beta so people would just be having high levels power level them.

I vote no.

^(o.o)
    agreed
    excessive exploitation for teh lose.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You can easily solo TT60, what's stopping you from powergearing lower lvl people?

Oh, wait, you do that already... otherwise those warsoul and lunar gears would be rare to see like they should... *waves a white flag*
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

I vote no

^agreed
    Frost, and FBs should have LVL caps too. While BHs removed.... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Would be nice, though the abuse potential is rather high.

Oh and for those talking about difficulty, Alpha is the hardest rebirth of them all for the level you get to it, yet has the least in terms of rewards. Beta is second hardest, and then gamma is EZmode.

If this was implemented with, say, nerfed rewards based on the highest level in the squad outside of the normal range, that would be perfect since those who did go back to earlier rebirths would be there for fun instead of for rewards and it would prevent trying to use higher levels to clear out the rebirths while still getting full EXP from it (though at Alpha/beta levels you'll get faster EXP from oracles+BHs anyway so those who wanted to powerlevel wouldn't do rebirth).

I personally support this if some changes were made to the system that help reduce exploits and if it was only the upper level limit that was removed. Because if you could bring some level 40 into gamma or delta and still complete it while the level 40 got to reap the rewards... well... THAT would be broken indeed.
  • reapertwenty
    reapertwenty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why not just make rebirth one of the rotations for bh starting at lvl 40
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

nobody noticed that pole is in 69? o-o
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nobody noticed that pole is in 69? o-o
    See:
    I wasn't aware they moved Pole out of fb69 and put him into fb59. Not to mention he can be easily beaten by a squad of level 69s.

And you didn't notice this was necro'd? :P
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wooops, i missed fatherted's post

yup,i did. there you go: bad reaper! you necro'ed the thread, bringing yulk back!b:chuckleb:laugh