Tideborn Cleric??

MrChievous - Sanctuary
MrChievous - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
I had seen this cleric around before and i finally chased her down to get a screenie..doesnt her hairstyle look very similar to Tideborn girls??? (Emphy) lol i want answers!

2010-04-2411-21-52.jpg
Post edited by MrChievous - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thats because it IS a tideborn hairdo, she edited the ini. files to she can get that hair
    that is classesdas hacking, send this screenshot in with a ticket
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    She was using character template to use tideborn hair on winged elves.
    That was not allowed . . b:surrender
    If someone report her she would get warning or ban from GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MrChievous - Sanctuary
    MrChievous - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ooh nuu now i feel bad x.x lols well i guess it is bad tho :O HEY GM come look here!! b:laugh
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    its been made quite clear numerous times on the forum that this sort of change is not permitted. if someone goes ahead and does it anyway.. well they have to accept they might be banned for it.. tough luck if you invested in the character - its no different from the extreme characters people make (super skinny or super obese) - just less obvious - next thing you know you will see a barb with a mohawk ;) darn cant find that post.. it's in the forum somewhere..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    next thing you know you will see a barb with a mohawk ;) darn cant find that post.. it's in the forum somewhere..

That was TROGDOORR & he still looked amazing even though they banned him for it ;(
    (Unless there was another barb who did the exact same thing.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Report that nub. Make him/her feel the BANHAMMER!
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There was a HUGE discussion about this once before when people wanted to have tideborn hair on their normal characters. Something about editing the customization is fine, and using hair that isn't racially specific (like hair that doesn't have things like clams or seashells on it) is allowed on other models.

I don't know, maybe someone can clarify this for me. But I'm sure that there was a big argument about this before.
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i recall that thread. it was ok to create new presets that could be imported into the creation window as long as they did not use non race models ie tideborn hair on a cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, give it a rest. That person probably did no harm into the game just by editing those. As if she's power levelling or doing things that actually do harm (i.e. PW economy). I've seen people like that but why report them when they've really done no harm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thats because it IS a tideborn hairdo, she edited the ini. files to she can get that hair
    that is classesdas hacking, send this screenshot in with a ticket

There's no need to edit the ini file to do that. jus copy-paste a tideborn preset on the female cleric folder. And do that is comlpletely legal. To copy the file I mean. Exploiting (abuse) a game feature is not.

I remember the tideborn hairstyles beign bugged if you tried to use them on a non tide char. So they are fixed now.
    Honestly, give it a rest. That person probably did no harm into the game just by editing those. As if she's power levelling or doing things that actually do harm (i.e. PW economy). I've seen people like that but why report them when they've really done no harm?

I agree. The are more important issues on PWI than imported hairstyles: I remember the big fuzz of the hairdos was when all hairstyles got bugged upon Rising Tides release. Before that was not a big deal to do that, and now I think shouldn't be either. I wouldn't recommend it tough, cause it may get you banned if you find a GM on a bad mood :P

And why insta-ban them? why not give them a few days to get a makeover scroll and fix his char. I think this will be the more economically favorable choice for PWI. Raise scroll sales b:laugh
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There's no need to edit the ini file to do that. jus copy-paste a tideborn preset on the female cleric folder. And do that is comlpletely legal. To copy the file I mean. Exploiting (abuse) a game feature is not.

I remember the tideborn hairstyles beign bugged if you tried to use them on a non tide char. So they are fixed now.

Copying the files is legal as long as you're not doing something with the game that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise, such as putting hair made for Tideborns onto other characters. Regardless of your feelings on the issue, it's not "legal" because the GMs said it's not. If they wanted to say tomorrow hitting a wraith whose name started with P was bannable and started banning us left and right, they could because we agreed that we could be banned at any time in the ToS.

Some of them were bugged on some characters, some were not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Theoretically, could male TB hair work on other races too then? And vice-versa (other races hair work on TBs)?

*edit* Not that I want anyone to try this out and get banned or something... Just think it would be interesting, haha.
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • lilycat
    lilycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    honestly, this cleric did nothing to disrupt the gaming experience. It's just a hairstyle. The Chinese version has loads of people editing the ini files to make their chars pretty/skinny in addition to Tideborn hairstyles on their non TB characters.

I don't see why it's such a big deal that requires banning nor do i understand why people insist on reporting her. What do you have to gain from someone else getting banned? or are you guys just jealous of her hair? lol b:question
  • IlIuminous - Archosaur
    IlIuminous - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The reason why it is bannable, which anyone with a brain woul see how simple it is... by chaning the .ini file you can bypass the Make Over Scroll... Which Duhhhh.... makes them a killing off of morons who change their looks every other day. So sure in theory it's okay, but when it comes too money... it's business... and business is booming!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The reason why it is bannable, which anyone with a brain woul see how simple it is... by chaning the .ini file you can bypass the Make Over Scroll... Which Duhhhh.... makes them a killing off of morons who change their looks every other day. So sure in theory it's okay, but when it comes too money... it's business... and business is booming!

Except you're wrong because you need a makeover scroll in order to change your character's looks beyond the initial 3 day grace period a new character has. Altering the .ini files won't do a thing to your character until you actually use the scroll and select the preset you've made. And once you do that and choose to save it, the scroll is consumed so it's not like you can simply keep re-using one makeover scroll.
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You'll have to excuse the forumgoers here; they're always looking for a chance to exercise their powers as unhired, unwanted deputies