Cleric as mage DD's? Hell yeah!

bloooooooooooooooooo
bloooooooooooooooooo Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
Most people might not agree with this because they just consider clerics to be a support class... Well think again.
This is just an example of a rich player:
If a cleric rolls hell then the cleric can get highest amount of normal mage attk (10 second temporary). In the whole game.
Along with that they have very lethal skills:
Siren's kiss
Plume shot
Cyclone
Thunderball (arguable)
Razor feathers
Weild thunder
And the tempest
So if you roll as a hell cleric you'd probably be getting a higher power then that of a mage...
The debuffs would be like 30% mage def decrease and same with 30% phy def, along with that hell version of weild thunder gives the target a 30% metal def decrease.
Just a simple mage attack increase buff and a tempest would finish any target at all.
I'm only posting this because MOST people think clerics suck damage wise. No flaming or calling me ignorant. But a cashed out cleric has higher damage then anything else even other cashed out classes.
It's just my opinion and this is just an example- deal with it. b:surrender
Post edited by bloooooooooooooooooo on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Siren's Kiss = Lethal. srsly.
    It's not like wizards have ridiculous tempests, a skill to give them 0 channeling, and a debuff which reduces 60% of their elemental defence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what makes siren's kiss so lethal?
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I was wondering why Thunderball was even on the list.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Offensive skill that making cleric different than other DD arcane is plume shot. b:bye
    Demon Plume shot seem become spam able because of shorter channel and cooldown.
    If only there a way cleric cast faster like other DD arcane, wish cleric can cast heaven wrath without have to channel. b:shutup

And yes i am also wonder why siren kiss and thunderball was there, siren kiss cost 1 spark just to stop movement and thunderball is meh much more weaker than other class DoT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    and thunderball is meh much more weaker than other class DoT.

Vicious Arrow, Serrated Arrow, Draw Blood, Piercing Winds, Pitfall, Crown of Flames, etc (basically, thunderball is one of the game's strongest DoT skills) would like to have a word with you on that one.

Other than that, I agree with what has been asked in this thread.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Vicious Arrow, Serrated Arrow, Draw Blood, Piercing Winds, Pitfall, Crown of Flames, etc (basically, thunderball is one of the game's strongest DoT skills) would like to have a word with you on that one.

Other than that, I agree with what has been asked in this thread.

But there Piercing Winds (hey it deal big damage too for starter), Sunder, Myriad Rainbow, Puncture Wound, Torrent, Sand Trap, Red Tide.
    And unlike cleric DoT other weaker bleed can have other effect on sage demon, other than cleric 15% more damage or shorter bleed time on sage demon.
    But it doesn't change it was most useless skill for offensive cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I remember getting a crit of 23.5 in BH51 unsparked using tempest while my character was 6x using the lvl 50 stash weapon. 15 levels later a geared up, TT and legendary, level 7x wizard got a 21k double sparked crit in BH59 and was excited as hell.

I'm thinking "is that it?" Pssssh... (clerics rule)
  • Lylanni - Heavens Tear
    Lylanni - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Haha i know wat u meant right there Atropah. The most i have done is a 64k single spark tempest crit with hf on Ofotis in BH59.
    I havent been lucky enough to get a double spark tempest crit with hf up yet b:surrender
  • Weeeeeeew - Dreamweaver
    Weeeeeeew - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    get a 2 cleric FCC squad with cloud erruption on genie. Demon/Sage Spark > cloud erruption > tempest > pick up the coins on the ground b:thanks
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hell thunderball isnt totally useless, are half you people aware that if you cast it before you sleep it doesn't interrupt the sleep?
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I actually didn't know that
    o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thunderball isn't useless, it's actually a very good skill to have when you can afford it (after maxxing your primary skills) it can be used to tick someone's charm so Cyclone or WT isn't on cooldown, meaning you can use them to drain your target's HP without resorting to weaker skills. That's mainly what I use it for, hit my target one to three times depending on their HP, Chromatic Seal>Elemental Seal>Demon Spark>Thunderball(tick)>Cyclone>WT>Cyclone>Thunderball. That's usually enough to kill whatever melee class I'm fighting.

Of course... if they don't have a huge amount of HP, you can always just go for a one or two shot and forget the whole combo... b:sin

Thunderball can be used before sleep as has been previously mentioned, though the DoT isn't really worth it to me. What I've said is my main use for it, even if it is mainly for melee classes.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm only posting this because MOST people think clerics suck damage wise.
    r
    O.o Who are you talking to lol, i've never met anyone who thought were sucky damage wise. Whoever it was go cram a tempest or a double sparked wield thunder, cyclone, weild thunder down their throat if they are ha or plume them to death if they're some arrogant arcane twatXD. Were pretty nasty if you feel like getting into a brawl with one of us.

Siren's Kiss = Lethal. srsly.
    It's not like wizards have ridiculous tempests, a skill to give them 0 channeling, and a debuff which reduces 60% of their elemental defence.

All the guides i read said its failrific but only because of the one spark usage, but those have all been pve guides. Maybe ill level it up some once i've finished upping the main skills.

Unless of course you were being sarcastic, and in that case b:shutupb:cry

(Why must my avatar lie and say im 60 when im almost 70 T.T)
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    O.o Who are you talking to lol, i've never met anyone who thought were sucky damage wise. Whoever it was go cram a tempest or a double sparked wield thunder, cyclone, weild thunder down their throat if they are ha or plume them to death if they're some arrogant arcane twatXD. Were pretty nasty if you feel like getting into a brawl with one of us.

All the guides i read said its failrific but only because of the one spark usage, but those have all been pve guides. Maybe ill level it up some once i've finished upping the main skills.

Unless of course you were being sarcastic, and in that case b:shutupb:cry

(Why must my avatar lie and say im 60 when im almost 70 T.T)

Also, Siren's kiss is bad because of the casting range but the AoE and casting time is very decent for an attack spell.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]