Sacrifice on a nix?

Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
If you could get the rare pet scroll, sacrifice, would it be worth it to put it on a nix instead of putting flesh ream on there? Would it help you more in pvp, or hurt you? Or would it be good to put maxed howl on the nix, for the debuff and fleshream or sacrifice? But, then if you did that, you would have to take off the nix's pounce right?
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Its good pre-80. After 80 (or 90 depending on your target's gear), it becomes tricky as you're discarding the nix's survivability for potential spike damage. After 95, a nix's damage is laughable and it becomes a support pet, so survivability is more important in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    yea, Im hearing the nix's damage is laughable in pvp in higher lvls. I dont like the idea of sacrificing my pets life just so it would do more damage, but maybe howl on a nix would help aid you take down your opponent faster?
    >.<
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    yea, Im hearing the nix's damage is laughable in pvp in higher lvls. I dont like the idea of sacrificing my pets life just so it would do more damage, but maybe howl on a nix would help aid you take down your opponent faster?

A pet can only have 4 skills. Flesh Ream (broken PvP damage) and Claw (pattack buff)should never be removed. That leaves you with 2 extra skill slots. The default is Pounce (stun) and Blessing of the Pack (HP buff), a good set for PvP. If you want to add in Howl, you're removing Blessing of the Pack, making for a slighly weaker nix (~3.4k instead 4.2k HP). In the very long run, however, that would be worth it when you're walking around with a +12 Nirvanna magic sword. This would only be useful if you have a secondary nix to whip out once your first one gets 1-2 shotted. A survivability nix would replace Pounce and Bless with Strong (pdef buff) and Protect (mdef buff). No more nifty 3 second stun, but no more 1-2 shot nix (now its like 3-4 shots). My current setup is Fire (nix #1) has Flesh Ream, Claw, Strong and Protect,and Flame (nix #2) has Flesh Ream, Claw, Pounce, Howl. For the most part, Fire is out for TW and open PvP while Flame only comes out (with a Pounce) the moment Fire dies. In a clear 1v1 situation, however, I will probably have Flame out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well removing blessing of the pack is so so. a wiz can 2-3 shot a nix that has hp buff and gives me some time to heal it. my nix has 4967/3821 hp buffed/unbuffed, its not much difference but can be one of those shots. the only skill worth using is protect skill, at least for me
  • Vivi - Heavens Tear
    Vivi - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well i use pounce a lot on my nix on my stun lock combo veno version its so fun to see a bm being stun lock by a veno make them QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Im Up for Nirvana~
    Thanks Santacruz for the Signature
    theempire.ucoz.com
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    So if i remove a skill, I want to remove blessing of the pack instead of pounce?
    >.<
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't think Sacrifice is ever worth it. Your pet loses 75% of its current health to inflict 400% of its base damage on the target.

So, take your Phoenix's normal hit, multiply it by 4, then decide if that damage is worth the HP cost.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    well, I dont have a nix yet. Im lvl 90, not really sure if it's worth getting one this late into the game. I'd like to pvp some. And if i do pvp, i'll mostly be going after barbs and bms. Howl probably wouldnt aid so much against mage classes, but it would help you kill barbs and bms faster right? Normally when I duel, I pull out my ninetail fox at the beginning. and with it's lvl 4 howl, i seem to notice a difference.
    I don't want to rely on the nix to kill my opponent, just have it to aid me in battle.
    >.<
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    If its just duels, any pet with a stun is suffice. When I played veno on Raging Tide (PvE server), I PK'd and TW'd just fine with my Petite Sawfly til lvl 92. Nix's are really only must-haves on PvP servers and if you're serious about PvP - a Sawfly is plenty suffice otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]