Nien **** spilling to other cities?

Options
Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, I was just finishing my daily WQ --- slightly later than usual, as I was trying to take at least a little advantage of the 2x, killing a few vultures for some fungus --- and almost flew into a bunch of red flying monsters around Thousand Streams.

As there were also system messages about the Nien "event", I suppose these monsters are part of the "event" --- although the messages and description only mention Archosaur. Or are these monsters unrelated to the "event", and I was just lucky that I haven't seen them before (and possibly killed by them, as I sometimes just send my char off toward Thousand Streams, letting her bump into the rock until I get back)?

IIRC, they were called "Legion somethingorother" --- I mostly remember the "Legion" part, since up until now I regarded anything the database names "Legion" to be nonexistant in the game. Apparently, some or all of these actually do exist :-)
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That was just a normal wraith legion invasion. They happen every now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They are summoned via a special drop. Also gives the person that hands in the drop a ton of rep iirc.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah I think it's 100 rep. Secret letter or something like that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There are two kinds of Wraith Invasions, the random kind and the kind triggered by Secret Letters. In either case, it has nothing to do with the Nein Beast event. If you're high enough level to fight the mobs, they're a great way to get some valuable drops and stuff when you're lucky enough to stumble upon one.

Duke Blacke used to announce to the world when a Wraith Invasion was taking place, but they silenced him due to too many shouts from Anniversary Packs, so now there is no notice when they take place anymore.