What is your fighting style?

Options

Comments

• Rhenton - Archosaur
    Rhenton - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I chose the 3rd option. Im a psy, I love mah buffs. Im kind of a combination of 2 and 3.

As far as play style for me there are many factors

Class-im a sqeeshy caster, no point in runnin in rambo style.
    Level (as mentioned earlier)
    Mentality- ive always been the type to try and calculate an outcome. sometimes my playstyle changes, i think to progress in game it kind of has to. I "could" try to fight every mob/boss the same, but really i know there are more efficient ways of going about it. try a style...if it works...use it. if it doesnt...adapt to a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Forsakenx for the sig
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i have a fear of killing squadmates if i dont have an mp charm....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    suicidal, no doubt. i like to aoe to the point of almost dying. its more fun that way.
    I like to find out things on my own. Sure someone tells me i cant solo a certain boss.. but does that stop me from trying alone? hell no.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hell, if somebody said "Who wants to tank a WB, lvl don't matter", I'd be the first to go "SQUAD ME!!!!"
    Or, my personal favorite, i run up to a WB, start hitting and then spark, and see how long it takes before i die b:chuckle (best record so far is 10 hits)

LMAO b:chuckle

I think I'd die before the WB even completes one full hit... b:shutup

Unless I have 10 clerics spamming IH on me.... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    suicidal, no doubt. i like to aoe to the point of almost dying. its more fun that way.
    I like to find out things on my own. Sure someone tells me i cant solo a certain boss.. but does that stop me from trying alone? hell no.

A life full of death? Or a death that is a meaning to an existence?
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dang it >.<

Why you gotta be over on sanc >.<!!!!?
    LMAO b:chuckle

I think I'd die before the WB even completes one full hit... b:shutup

Unless I have 10 clerics spamming IH on me.... b:laugh

If i had 10 cleric's spamming me with IH, i'd be able to TANK it xD

I just use WB's to kill time, and waste exp if i don't feel like lvling.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If i had 10 cleric's spamming me with IH, i'd be able to TANK it xD

I just use WB's to kill time, and waste exp if i don't feel like lvling.

I don't think I'd be able to go and confront a Wb on my OWN for the FUN of it. I think I'd faint XDDDD

When I had to kill Krixxxix for a quest at level 30 something in a 3 people squad with a level 60+ Barb and two other DD's in their late 30s, I had a stomach ache. b:surrender

I think I enjoy this game way too much b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't think I'd be able to go and confront a Wb on my OWN for the FUN of it. I think I'd faint XDDDD

When I had to kill Krixxxix for a quest at level 30 something in a 3 people squad with a level 60+ Barb and two other DD's in their late 30s, I had a stomach ache. b:surrender

I think I enjoy this game way too much b:chuckle

Oh, i remember that guy!

I went and solo'd him for the quest ^.^

I've done solo for almost every boss i've needed for quests since then. (excluding mage bosses)
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh, i remember that guy!

I went and solo'd him for the quest ^.^

I've done solo for almost every boss i've needed for quests since then. (excluding mage bosses)

O.O"

I should go try and solo Krixxxix now to feel good about myself. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol, it's ok.

BM's are meant to be the back-up tanks....and in my lower lvls I took that to heart....a little too much (i had like 54 vit no equips, 89 w/ equips x.x, basically with barb buff i was a back-up tank at 5k HP).

Now with restat, i still do my same things, but i know how to use my pots, heals, and other items effectively to make sure i don't die (plus a cleric is an awesome thing xD)

Oh, and let me know when you tank your first TT boss, I did my first one last night b:cute
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Welcome to my second thread. I just wanted to ask you how you generally go in PWI, regardless of class and level (though equipment may count).

Solo. Builds that can support themselves. Unless the game demands otherwise, potions are for emergencies only. No trading, unless it's easy to figure out prices. Usually means no bosses and no uber gear. Frequently all this means no AoE either.

As far as PW goes, this obviously means I can't get to higher skill tiers or unlock "Old Heaven's Tear". In the other direction, I rarely get the opportunity to do someones FB19 or FB29 since I'm not a dungeon runner and don't know people who would need it (FB39 I haven't even done for myself yet).

In general, this results in me choosing some form of ranged class, as they tend to be less dependent on gear and supporters. Summoners getting a huge bonus in the selection process, for obvious reasons, as are classes with healing ability or decent monster control skills.
    Pros: Safe way to grind, no one to argue with, I die very rarely, little repairs and all drops are mine, miiiiiine! Hahaha.

No pressure, no rushing around, no dealing with idiots. No getting kicked from stupid guilds for not being "active" enough etc.
    I also can only blame myself if I die... unless it is either a case of a wild spawn (a mob spawning in front of you when you are already busy, sounds familiar to you?),

Very familiar, and counts as my fault ("my fault" means I have to think about why it happened, and whether/how I need to do things differently in the future). Being solo, it is my responsibility to watch my own back --- in the case of PW and the situation described, PW monsters remain inactive for a few seconds after spawning, which gives me the time to evaluate my options --- keep finishing the current target, going multi-target, relocating myself, relocating the current target, or bailing out entirely.
    Cons: ... fishing and air-battles

Yeah... air battles are somewhat okayish for a Veno, although I don't like them because I usually get the distances wrong, which means I often have to lure "just in case" which takes a lot of time. I hate water battles --- it's even worse with the distances, my movement is painfully slow, and there's basically no way to keep a pet levelled (my Magmite and Sawfly are always my level, which is 74 atm. My Turtle was born at lvl 51 and she's only 57 atm...).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol, it's ok.

BM's are meant to be the back-up tanks....and in my lower lvls I took that to heart....a little too much (i had like 54 vit no equips, 89 w/ equips x.x, basically with barb buff i was a back-up tank at 5k HP).

Now with restat, i still do my same things, but i know how to use my pots, heals, and other items effectively to make sure i don't die (plus a cleric is an awesome thing xD)

Oh, and let me know when you tank your first TT boss, I did my first one last night b:cute

Yeeeyy, Good Bm. :3

First TT boss...

Holy Shnites... That won't be until I get a Herc xD

I'll make sure to tell you though b:cute

Gratz on solo-ing the TT boss!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes Yindra, you fully understood what I meant all that time. *pokes LifeHunting a few times (in the eyes?)*
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeeeyy, Good Bm. :3

First TT boss...

Holy Shnites... That won't be until I get a Herc xD

I'll make sure to tell you though b:cute

Gratz on solo-ing the TT boss!
    thnx, wouldn't of been possible w/o spark+, fist, wristguard (-.1 interval), and the damn awesome cleric we had!

It was fun, especially considering i was the DD and tank xD
    Yes Yindra, you fully understood what I meant all that time. *pokes LifeHunting a few times (in the eyes?)*

*goes PK and beats him senseless w/o killing him* ^.^
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A life full of death? Or a death that is a meaning to an existence?

learning when to die is part of learning how to live which is part of achieving success.
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dang it >.<

Why you gotta be over on sanc >.<!!!!?

sorry lol its the server i started on and am now stuck on cause im binded by financial success without cashshoppin.
    i would have liked to have met someone as suicidal as me to game with tho.
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sorry lol its the server i started on and am now stuck on cause im binded by financial success without cashshoppin.
    i would have liked to have met someone as suicidal as me to game with tho.

My next alt is DEFINITELY going on Heaven's Tear b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I run full speed at my enemies, screaming like a banshee.

Then, two seconds before making contact, I remember I'm a magic caster, and proceed to run back like a little girl.

Then I hit a button and stuff explodes.

Lmao, i love it :D

OT: I walk in, pew pew at some things, i die or they die, it's that simple b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Abysm - Heavens Tear
    Abysm - Heavens Tear Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kamikaze wizard. Something is going to die, either me or the mob. Hopefully the latter...
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LifeHunting: Sorry, I am no PvPer and I do not dwell in PK-enabled places, so you lose again. b:chuckle

XHappyBunnyx: You win one Internet for your 'die, learn and progress' quote.

SerenityMare: HT would be glad to welcome you, I am sure.

Abysm: Such is the life of a Wizard... But drowning, launching burning cards Gambit-style or launching meteorites at foes (and many many higher level spells) is damn fun. I know, because I got a wiz too.
  • Nemfaros - Heavens Tear
    Nemfaros - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If I can survive a few hit from one mob, and I see the others of the same mob are just as easy I...
    Stone Barrier (Maxed :D) , Make sure I have Wellspring Quaff, gather a few of those mobs, and Dragon's Breath those **** till they die(While spamming Life Powders and HP Pots ofc)b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
  • Meatbunz - Archosaur
    Meatbunz - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I am the type of player who likes not to bug others if it can be done by yourself, so 99% of the time, I'm doing things alone.

95% of the time I am uncharmed (both mp/hp), and I don't use any sort of pots

I like to speed up any sort of instance as I can without jeopardizing too much of the squad, but 9 out of 10 times I'm the guy on the frontlines stunning/DDing mobs way before the others even get close.

Natures Gift/Metabolic Boost also Soul tranfusion/2nd wind are my best friends for recovering hp/mp on the go. Thus, I rarely even have any sort of costs associated with that :).

I havent meditated since I was lv the low 30s? b:shocked I can't stand it lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Probably the only cleric who chose option one b:chuckle

Should add, the only cleric who chose option one and who doesn't wipe >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Zassyen - Sanctuary
    Zassyen - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Too many chickens imho >.>

To all who chose "Safe and steady soloing, but at a slow pace (like yours truly);", I will consider you all the be the most chicken people in game. (Only exception is if you are a cleric or wizard)

Well in my case, I just started 4 days ago. Level of confidence is subject to change. Don't have friends, don't have a guild, do not understand the game, nor the monster aggro ranges, etc yet. I have probably done more reading(the guides here) than playing.

Games I come from, a lvl13 is not capable of soloing 2 mobs at the same time of the same level. You can imagine how I felt after pulling that off a few times in PW.

I'm gonna admit though - even if I was high level, I'll stay the heck out of the air.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Zassyen: Actually, the cheapest way to get around PWI, is to fly :P

Just use the auto-path feature go up to the altitude of 78, and you won't encounter any mobs or anything else. (Well maybe another player flying at that hiehgt also, but that is a rarity)

Oh, and a tip. If you in PK, NEVER GO IN THE AIR. There is a genie skill called True Emptiness, uses all the genies HP (the little yellow bar, idr the correct name for it), and causes triple dmg to targets in the air. So, if it did 800 to you on the ground, it would be 2400 in the air.
    If it did 1000 to you on the ground, then it'll be 3000 in the air.

So you can see why I say stay outta the air, while in PK b:chuckle?
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LifeHunting: Sorry, I am no PvPer and I do not dwell in PK-enabled places, so you lose again. b:chuckle

XHappyBunnyx: You win one Internet for your 'die, learn and progress' quote.

Abysm: Such is the life of a Wizard... But drowning, launching burning cards Gambit-style or launching meteorites at foes (and many many higher level spells) is damn fun. I know, because I got a wiz too.

Actually....

*goes PK, holds ctrl down, and then kills Lesthar* I know tricks to by-pass your little blue title ^.^
    edited June 2010
    Options

Yeeey, thank you b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well, no one answer above completely describes my style.

When solo, I tend to buff/marrow/pot up and rush in where angels fear to tread. Full on frontal assault: "Ballz to the wall or not at all!" type playing. I will try almost anything once. Like yesterday I was farming mats in heaven and decided to take on the lvl 110 spikewing mobs. Thank the gods (and the devs) for genie tree of protection, but I did win. b:shocked

Being an axe BM, I do my solo AOE grinding thing where I round up a bunch of mobs (now and then too many b:beatup), stun and AOE them to death. I usually always try mobs/bosses myself before asking for help. I never ask for help with regular quests, but I will sometimes help others with theirs.

Pretty much the same on all my other toons. I take chances and learn how to take advantage of my strengths and compensate for my weaknesses.

When working with a squad of people I'm not familiar with, I'd rather go slow and steady until we learn to work together as a team. I usually tend to be the protective type running through dungeons, staying with the slower moving people in case they get attacked. I will launch myself against attackers and risk death myself rather than let them die.

Originally Posted by Longknife - Harshlands
    I run full speed at my enemies, screaming like a banshee.

Then, two seconds before making contact, I remember I'm a magic caster, and proceed to run back like a little girl.

Then I hit a button and stuff explodes.

This made me LOL. After playing on my BM for a while and then switching to my cleric or wiz, I find myself doing this. Then again, after playing my cleric for a while, I have been known to try to heal with my BM. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To LifeHunting: You are taking me for a target? Like if you were a homing missile? You must be bored to death, to want to bully me. b:chuckle

To SerenityMare: You are welcome!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lesthar: Hm....Nope.

I added you to my K.O.S. list b:cute