Heal macro

Options
Admante - Dreamweaver
Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
I don't know if this is common knowledge in the veno community yet, but I found a cool way to heal macro :D

Repeat -> Heal pet -> Normal attack

You spam heal pet faster than venomous/heal macro but this only works for bosses without aoe. I can do Dark Colluseast and Deathflow in 3-1 with this macro, whereas venomus/heal macro isn't enough.

Hope I helped b:surrender
Post edited by Admante - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vivi - Heavens Tear
    Vivi - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    best macro ever : put a stone to stuck your keyboarb key for pet healing.

so even if you get interrupted it goes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Im Up for Nirvana~
    Thanks Santacruz for the Signature
    theempire.ucoz.com
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow... poking monsters with your stick will surely make a difference.

If your heal speed is an issue, here's a hint. Don't know if it's already known in the veno community:

Repeat -> Heal Pet

Doesn't get any faster than that. That's what I do vs. bosses. Never gets out of rhythm either, since all I do is hold down the heal key, hoping I can keep up with the damage :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    best macro ever : put a stone to stuck your keyboarb key for pet healing.

so even if you get interrupted it goes on

:o I use a toothpick ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LinkAway - Sanctuary
    LinkAway - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Repeat -> Heal Pet

How do you get that Repeat thing in macros ?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The mistranslation of it is "Walk behind enemy"
    The bent arrow icon.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The point is to use macro *and* heal more efficiently. This way I could go on forums while I'm doing TT so that I don't have to stare at my veno channeling the same spell for 15 minutes.

I used to use tape on the key but there's been more than one occasion where the tape loosened and I check back to see me dead.

I've tried to put an object on the key but I don't have any household object with the weight and size to perfectly keep a key down.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Many gamepads come with software to map them to the keyboard. These can make better macro's with real repeats.

Check, oh:
    http://www.autohotkey.com/
    for example.
  • EverDoom - Harshlands
    EverDoom - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hmm? can someone explain the heal macro to me? i dont think theres a repeat button, so how can u go afk with the macro heal going?
  • Larue - Harshlands
    Larue - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Usually if there's a boss that doesn't kill the tanking pet in 3-4 hits, I usually use:

Walk Behind Enemy, Heal Pet, Venomous, Heal Pet, Ironwood, Heal Pet, Venomous, Heal Pet

Though it's always good to check your screen every now and then, game can always be a $%#^ and stop your macro 'cause it feels like it b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hmm? can someone explain the heal macro to me? i dont think theres a repeat button, so how can u go afk with the macro heal going?

See Vitenka's post:
    The mistranslation of it is "Walk behind enemy"
    The bent arrow icon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Many gamepads come with software to map them to the keyboard. These can make better macro's with real repeats.

Check, oh:
    http://www.autohotkey.com/
    for example.

this might be considered as a third part ytool tho...so might be illegal to use
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, on most games I've played, using macro-software isn't allowed, as it's basically a kind of low-level botting.

Of course, there's always this and that. People HAVE rightfully complained about games basically disabling or "**** detected" certain gaming devices simply because they have macro functionality... which might be ok for gamepads, but it's not very nice to disable the keyboard just because it's called a gaming keyboard and has macro functionality added...

At least, there's one thing I haven't had to complain about in PWI: they are very conservative with their anti-botting, anti-cheating etc. In many games, they go all crazy about this, resulting in useless anti-whatever measures that **** up legitimate players all over the place, and never prevent any botting or "cheating" because that's simply not possible (and I was very surprised one day, when some game announced they had terminated their GameGuard contract. They didn't tell a reason, but that was the first and only time so far that I've seen this happen --- and to tell the truth, the game wasn't particulary successful, so I guess money had more to do with it than the actual uselessness of GameGuard & similar ****).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng