Different colored quests?

Dark_Feather - Lost City
Dark_Feather - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was just wondering if there was any meaning to the quests being different colors. I know the gold quests are culti quests, but like what do the purple quests mean? And when you fisrt pick up the quest from the npc, the colored circle next to the quest name, do those mean anything too?
[SIGPIC]http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/okamime/?action=view&current=colorful.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alts:
Shiome: Psychic 2x
Okami_Sukino: Venomancer 3x
Ayumi_: Assassin 0x
Post edited by Dark_Feather - Lost City on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    blue quests are usually quests where u get quite some exp from and usually involve fighting a boss.
    further.. no idea tbh xP I usually just look at exp/coin reward and decide if do it now or later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    blue quests are usually quests where u get quite some exp from and usually involve fighting a boss.

Yeah, I once thought that "blue" = boss. But that's not necessarily the case --- I have white quests that are still open because you have to fight a boss, and I've had blue quests that I did when I got them because there was no boss involved.

Even "gold=cultivation" isn't correct --- I have a "Wraith's Ploy" quest that's displayed in gold. Same as my "Spiritual Cultivation" quest, so unless the cultivation stuff forks into two chains, "Wraith's Ploy" is another quest type.

To me, it seems the coloring is quite random.

The green/white/red bullet for the quests looks like a difficulty rating, but then again, I think I've done red quests right away, as well as seeing boss quests that I definitely couldn't do yet with a green bullet...
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i've seen it claimed that gold quests are ones that unlock some game content you can't get otherwise; the culti quests obviously all do. the other colors, i dunno either, but i suspect some of them are related to the quest's level and your own somehow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i've seen it claimed that gold quests are ones that unlock some game content you can't get otherwise; the culti quests obviously all do. the other colors, i dunno either, but i suspect some of them are related to the quest's level and your own somehow.

Well, blue are labelled as "Challenge" quests - they're usually something that's a bit above what you're expected to be able to easily do.

I'm not sure the colour (other than the gold ones, obviously) really matters.
  • Dark_Feather - Lost City
    Dark_Feather - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    O.o then why color them to begin with.......?
    [SIGPIC]http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/okamime/?action=view&current=colorful.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alts:
    Shiome: Psychic 2x
    Okami_Sukino: Venomancer 3x
    Ayumi_: Assassin 0x
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    White = Basic quests that don't have anything special.
    Blue = Quests with an item reward (normally some form of equipment) other than the usual celstones.
    Gold = Necessary for certain advancements in the game. Naturally, all the culti quests fall under this category.

As for purple, that one I don't remember.

Also, with the colored circles, it kinda depends. Normally it's something along the line of green being things you can do without any real effort, white being considered "on par" for your level, and red being difficult. There's also sometimes grey/gray for quests that you can't accept at the time but that show up anyways. However, the circle system isn't all that reliable for measuring difficulty since, depending on class/skill/gear, some things that are supposed to be hard may seem terrifyingly simple and vice versa.
    O.o then why color them to begin with.......?
    Because they were paying attention to your sig b:laugh