1.) Demon Bow Mastery
2.) Demon Stunning Arrow
3.) Demon Lightning Strike
4.) Demon Knockback Arrow
5.) Demon Aim Low

The following is what I am working on getting in the near future
1.) Demon Winged Blessing
2.) Demon Winged Shell
3.) Level 90 Attendance Ring with 3% crit.

I would like to ask a few questions and perhaps some experienced Archers can enlighten me on these things:-

Regarding Skills,
1.) Are lightning strike and knockback arrow worth learning? apart from a completion point of view

Regarding Equipments,
I do realize my refines and sockets arent all that great but currently am saving up for acquiring the Lunar Bow and possibly the refines for it as well (atleast +5)

1.) Is Demon Slaughter Belt useful for an archer or is there something better that is affordable?
2.) Any other suggestions for my equipment? Affordable Cape options perhaps?

Let me know your views.
Post edited by Elviron - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Below is the default setup I use

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e23d38a736169aa8

Other Equips I use are as follows:-
    1.) +2 Armour of Assassin with 3 Flawless Citrines
    2.) +3 Crimsonhorn: Soulsmasher with 1 Immaculate Garnet
    3.) Courageous Fists with 1 Flawless Garnet

I am a Demon Archer with the following demon versions learnt:-
    1.) Quickshot
    2.) Take Aim
    3.) Frost Arrow
    4.) Blazing Arrow
    5.) Winged Pledge -> Dont ask <.<

I also have the following books in the bank:-
    1.) Demon Bow Mastery
    2.) Demon Stunning Arrow
    3.) Demon Lightning Strike
    4.) Demon Knockback Arrow
    5.) Demon Aim Low

The following is what I am working on getting in the near future
    1.) Demon Winged Blessing
    2.) Demon Winged Shell
    3.) Level 90 Attendance Ring with 3% crit.

I would like to ask a few questions and perhaps some experienced Archers can enlighten me on these things:-

Regarding Skills,
    1.) Are lightning strike and knockback arrow worth learning? apart from a completion point of view

Regarding Equipments,
    I do realize my refines and sockets arent all that great but currently am saving up for acquiring the Lunar Bow and possibly the refines for it as well (atleast +5)

1.) Is Demon Slaughter Belt useful for an archer or is there something better that is affordable?
    2.) Any other suggestions for my equipment? Affordable Cape options perhaps?

Let me know your views.

more m def + hp = win cant honestly think of much better than demon slaughter for a budget m def belt

KB arrow isnt worth lvling ever imo however strike is rather good at demon (gotta hate them fist bm's and sins)

you can +3 on only mirages just spam em

scan AH for a nice 3*/OHT cape with shiny adds
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lightning Strike is great. A fair bit of extra damage, and it never misses. I've never had any issues with the slightly longer cooldown. Far more worth the coin to learn than, say, Take Aim lol.

The past map belts are nice alternatives to Demon Slaughter Belt as well.

Also, I hear Demon Wingspan is rather useful, since it's semi-spammable and gives you a level 5 Winged Shell when it hits.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well I learnt take aim, blazing arrow and pledge just for the completeness and not for an actual need.

Hmm wingspan seems like a good buy, I had forgot about that skill. Alas....finding these books on DW seem too hard :(. Ive been searching for winged blessing for atleast 2 weeks now and no luck whatsoever....nor any luck for winged shell and I havent seen wingspan in AH/catshops b:cry
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Below is the default setup I use

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=daac43b54d257afb

Firstly, +3 everything. Secondly, get rid of the Tauran Cape. If not, at least add a 4th socket. 4th socket to Blood Moons as well. Get an Attendance ring. Change your tome to the +1% crit tome unless it makes you go over the crit barrier.

Demon Lightning Strike has "never misses", which is epic**** in higher level PvP, or so they say. As for Knockback Arrow, it can pump up your chi gain during normal grinding, which might be good. That comes at the cost of some more mana usage, though.

For example, here is what I'm working on currently. The only things I am missing from that are the Attendance ring, which I will have in the next two weeks, the TT90 armor, which I will have whenever I get enough coin to safely invest on the mats, and the 3 base vita and mag.

Also, I ditched Tauran Cape for my current cape, which has 2x +80 HP and +4 Dexterity. It's G10, came as 2 sockets, I used stones to get it to 4. I also refined it from +0 to +3.

For Demon Skills, I so far have Blazing Arrow and Frost Arrow. If I had the choice, I'd go for Winged Shell next, then Wings of Protection, then Quickshot and Winged Blessing.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @Olba
    Well currently am in mirage celestone crunch so havent tried getting the things to +3 yet. And Given that I sux at refining...I chose to be happy with +2s for now. As for the attendance ring, I need 5 more days for the 2nd

Investing in the other **** before trying to upgrade them. Well am using the tome because without that I would lose 1% crit when I remove the Mogwai belt. I intended to replace the Mogwai belt with a Demon slaughter so that I can compensate the elemental resistance loss when I ditch the Tauren's for perhaps...if lucky....one of the Trophy capes or a cape that gives HP and Dex. Sounds complicated I know b:embarrass.

But I guess I will play around the stats and see how I can replace the tome and besides that 3 vit gives a little bit of HP at the least. Guess I'll be able to compensate the Dex loss when I hit 92.

As for the Demon skills, I saw a Demon Wings of Protection for 30 mils in AH which seems a tag bit too much for a mere 10% increase in evasion which barely helps in most cases. So I was going for the following order (given that I was lucky and got quickshot from a random book after busting 4.8 mils in tokens):-

1.) Winged Blessing / Winged Shell -> Depends on the availability
    2.) Wingspan

Wings of Protection sort of figured last on my list of skills
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @Olba
    Well currently am in mirage celestone crunch so havent tried getting the things to +3 yet. And Given that I sux at refining...I chose to be happy with +2s for now. As for the attendance ring, I need 5 more days for the 2nd

On average, I've been able to +5 most of my gear with 50 mirages. Exceptions being my weapon, obviously, and my cape, which took about 75 mirages. But yes, refining is a bit low on the chart of things to do, but you should +3 your stuff.
    Investing in the other **** before trying to upgrade them. Well am using the tome because without that I would lose 1% crit when I remove the Mogwai belt. I intended to replace the Mogwai belt with a Demon slaughter so that I can compensate the elemental resistance loss when I ditch the Tauren's for perhaps...if lucky....one of the Trophy capes or a cape that gives HP and Dex. Sounds complicated I know b:embarrass.

I was lucky, as I found my cape (2x +80 HP, Dex +4) at 350k in the AH. Though, the costs from there weren't so small: 130 socket stones for the 2 sockets (~1.5M), 4 Flawless Citrines (~594k), 75 mirages for refining (~975k), putting the cape at a total of ~3.4M. Well, it's still a really, really good cape, much better than the Tauran. And besides, I sold my Tauran, which was 3 sockets, +3, 3 Flawless Citrines, for 3.75M.

And as I said, you should change the tome to the Christmas Tome, unless you DO get +1% crit, in which case that tome is better since it adds damage and vita.
    As for the Demon skills, I saw a Demon Wings of Protection for 30 mils in AH which seems a tag bit too much for a mere 10% increase in evasion which barely helps in most cases. So I was going for the following order (given that I was lucky and got quickshot from a random book after busting 4.8 mils in tokens):-

Well, I dunno about there, but I believe I've seen Wings of Protection here for less than 10M.
    1.) Winged Blessing / Winged Shell -> Depends on the availability
    2.) Wingspan

I downlisted Winged Blessing because it's one of the two costly level 89 skills, the other one being Quick Shot. Winged Blessing should also be in the 10M+ range.
    Wings of Protection sort of figured last on my list of skills

The reason why I included it so high was because it's one of the two buffs you get and you'll most likely have it on 24/7. Therefore, it's one of the two most-used skills on your list.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.