Profiles

Options
Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
O_o they added profiles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    o.o awesome.

Edit

"goes to profile, clicks edit, Highest Privacy Setting check marked"

OK I am done.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Whoaaaaaa.

Edit: It bothers me that the default privacy settings don't allow you to send messages to people that you aren't friends with. I send messages all the time to people I don't know well enough to add as a friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    o.o awesome.

Edit

"goes to profile, clicks edit, Highest Privacy Setting check marked"

OK I am done.
    Ditto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow, I am impressed. Nice Job PWI. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knight - Raging Tide
    Knight - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow these are really cool b:victory
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Interesting. o_o
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I quite like these, althoguh i shall not be giving out much personal detail :P
    feel free to add me Dreamweavers >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I quite like these, althoguh i shall not be giving out much personal detail :P
    feel free to add me Dreamweavers >.>

*pokes*

10chars
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well at least you can now see your PvP kills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I quite like them.
    Great job, PWI.

Everyone feel free to add me.
    <3
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Achievements coming soon. Cool
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Achievements coming soon. Cool

I've only seen like, four RPGs in real life that have achievements...

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, Dragon Age: Origins and Star Ocean: The Last Hope and White Knight Chronicles.

And all the rest (Thousand Arms, Tales of Series, Final Fantasy, Wild ARMs series, Legaia Series, etc.) had none (except FFXIII.)

(I don't count Borderlands or Mass Effect as RPGs, sorry.)
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Dons - Dreamweaver
    Dons - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've only seen like, four RPGs in real life that have achievements...

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, Dragon Age: Origins and Star Ocean: The Last Hope and White Knight Chronicles.

And all the rest (Thousand Arms, Tales of Series, Final Fantasy, Wild ARMs series, Legaia Series, etc.) had none (except FFXIII.)

(I don't count Borderlands or Mass Effect as RPGs, sorry.)

So many start to implement them, get bored and leave the job half done.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i don't likey, no i don't. the old user stats had a "find all posts by" feature that i found useful, and that seems gone now. none of the additions look interesting so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _Kahn_ - Raging Tide
    _Kahn_ - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    looks rlly good, i like it.

b:victory
    To find yourself, think for yourself : Socrates 469 BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UBCS : Raging Tide

Faction Level: 3

Leader: _Kahn_
    Director: _Maylea_
    Marshal: dRaxXstar
    Executor: BlackEffect, Lylinn, _Lenneth_, Kreuz, white_devil_, Foxian

Site: ubcs.mmoguildsites.com or ubcs.tk
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cannot upload profile pic D:

edit: nvm, not compatible with firefox it seem, or noscipt =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlindClarity - Raging Tide
    BlindClarity - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am hoping that we can use custom CSS on these profiles. ^.^
    I got more bang, than a world boss baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    is the pk count accurate ? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used to check th thread's i posted in by clicking my name. Now it sends me to this bs page. Is there any other way to check my 'las posts' and 'last threads' now or did pwe flip me off 1 more time?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Pretty cool b:laugh
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used to check th thread's i posted in by clicking my name. Now it sends me to this bs page. Is there any other way to check my 'las posts' and 'last threads' now or did pwe flip me off 1 more time?

I was wondering that too. The profiles are nice and all, but they're missing the functionality of the old ones. I would like it if they added an ability to message non-friends, and to see posts again. That was the only way I knew of to see a person's actual POSTS, and not just which threads they've posted in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I was wondering that too. The profiles are nice and all, but they're missing the functionality of the old ones. I would like it if they added an ability to message non-friends, and to see posts again. That was the only way I knew of to see a person's actual POSTS, and not just which threads they've posted in.

1. Left click search drop down and click Advanced search; or on the board index page, click search. It should bring you to this page. Once there, in the username textbox on the right side, start typing the character name you are posting as or have posted as in the past. If vbulletin recognizes it, it will show a list of users with that character name. Once you find yours, click on it to have it auto-fill in the text box. Then, press the search/OK button at the bottom.

2. Another way you can keep track future threads you post in (which is not on by default, and cannot be edited from the current links that are in the userCP as of this moment) is to turn on thread subscription to no email notification. To do this, go to this page and make sure that Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to no email notification.

After you do number two here; when you post in a new thread, or in an old one, you will be subscribed to it, and it will appear on this page; and when one of these threads has unread posts (usually), it will appear on the main userCP page under the different links that take you to various option editing.

• konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I approve of this feature. b:victory

*goes to fiddle around and make his profile awesome-sauce*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I approve of this feature. b:victory

*goes to fiddle around and make his profile awesome-sauce*

It's essentially a rip-off of facebook to be honest.

• konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's essentially a rip-off of facebook to be honest.

YOU'RE a ripoff of Facebook!

b:scorn

...yeah, that'll learn ya. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's nice we have profiles now but we also lost way to quickly track our posts and threads we made ?
    Use search feature to find your own post and thread is somehow . . weird for me . .
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1. Left click search drop down and click Advanced search; or on the board index page, click search. It should bring you to this page. Once there, in the username textbox on the right side, start typing the character name you are posting as or have posted as in the past. If vbulletin recognizes it, it will show a list of users with that character name. Once you find yours, click on it to have it auto-fill in the text box. Then, press the search/OK button at the bottom.

2. Another way you can keep track future threads you post in (which is not on by default, and cannot be edited from the current links that are in the userCP as of this moment) is to turn on thread subscription to no email notification. To do this, go to this page and make sure that Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to no email notification.

After you do number two here; when you post in a new thread, or in an old one, you will be subscribed to it, and it will appear on this page; and when one of these threads has unread posts (usually), it will appear on the main userCP page under the different links that take you to various option editing.

Yes, I know that, obviously. But that way, say I was the second post in a forum game thread, that's been going on for months. That will be on the top of my search, since it was recently updated. It goes by when the thread is updated, not the post itself. Also, I liked being able to go directly to my post so I could see what happened after I posted. Thanks for the tip but it doesn't help at all, unless you know a way to have it listed as posts instead of as threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Aadi
    this new profile feature
    confooses me.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    is the pk count accurate ? ;o

they pk count is by no mean up to date. unless of course i only gotten 2 more kills in 3 months of tw.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Aadi
    this new profile feature
    confooses me.
    b:shocked

I think a lot of people won't use it but it'll be interesting for those that do. b:chuckle It's like facebook for PWI forums except more complicated-looking. It still needs a few tweaks imo though b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]