Wizards Require Excellent Gear to Keep Playing?

magerocks
magerocks Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Wizard
My alt wizard is lvl 73, and I have a question. When I reach the 90's do you have to have pretty good expensive gear to keep playing? I'm not rich by the way, and I'm worried because I see many wizards with expensive OP gear. b:surrender
Post edited by magerocks on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you don't need expensive gear to play it, but if you want to TW/PK then there is no other choice, you need it.
    Wizard is one of the most expensive classes to make it powerful, and has little to no means of making coins solo.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    magerocks wrote: »
    My alt wizard is lvl 73, and I have a question. When I reach the 90's do you have to have pretty good expensive gear to keep playing? I'm not rich by the way, and I'm worried because I see many wizards with expensive OP gear. b:surrender

YES for sure. And not just green TT 90 but event gear, nirvana, or lunar. They should something do with wizards, because we are **** up with loooooooooooooooong channeling time and casting, low HP, and we practically don't have any stunt, seal, sleep as another classes have. What we have is pretty much useless co compare with especially new tideborns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magerocks
    edited May 2010
    Awe dangg b:cry
  • magerocks
    edited May 2010
    You're right though..becoming powerful requires a high price. During my months playing with my wizard I absolutely loved the awesome damage. I shall strive to get the best gear that I can and hopefully make it to endgame. I'll remember you guys as my inspiration.
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    magerocks wrote: »
    You're right though..becoming powerful requires a high price. During my months playing with my wizard I absolutely loved the awesome damage. I shall strive to get the best gear that I can and hopefully make it to endgame. I'll remember you guys as my inspiration.

Who's **** are you trying to kiss
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    definitely not yours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's all about getting to level 100. BH100 gives very good rewards, you can make high LP genies by feeding them with SP and sell them, farm TT or Nirvana for money. You will have enough coins to buy what you need.

Cash shop isn't the only way to get end-game gear, it's only faster.
    Packs World International
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    YES for sure. And not just green TT 90 but event gear, nirvana, or lunar. They should something do with wizards, because we are **** up with loooooooooooooooong channeling time and casting, low HP, and we practically don't have any stunt, seal, sleep as another classes have. What we have is pretty much useless co compare with especially new tideborns.

ok about tideborn idk (because my wizz/mage is not in pwi) but i dont really have problem wiht slow skills eclude when i want try a 3rd spark+bids and a archer stun from far XD
    most of time i use sutra if i want cast something fast b:surrender

i have nub gear yet but 12% crit (0% channeling). still with sutra i love my crit rate and in tw a ulti too often crit on atleast 1 ppl :) when veno in my pet remove the buffs from my target i made 13k crit too on another wizz who got +7-10 eq's.

yes ofc its luck depend but since with sage easier the build up 2 spark i love the crit build instead fast casting :)

(i dont say its the best but its my style, maybe some ppl can play better with alot casting reduce)

another side for survive the archer hits and veno pet bleed need refine and good eq really :/
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok about tideborn idk (because my wizz/mage is not in pwi) but i dont really have problem wiht slow skills eclude when i want try a 3rd spark+bids and a archer stun from far XD
    most of time i use sutra if i want cast something fast b:surrender

i have nub gear yet but 12% crit (0% channeling). still with sutra i love my crit rate and in tw a ulti too often crit on atleast 1 ppl :) when veno in my pet remove the buffs from my target i made 13k crit too on another wizz who got +7-10 eq's.

yes ofc its luck depend but since with sage easier the build up 2 spark i love the crit build instead fast casting :)

(i dont say its the best but its my style, maybe some ppl can play better with alot casting reduce)

another side for survive the archer hits and veno pet bleed need refine and good eq really :/
    Ok, but lot of times sutra is not enough to kill some1. He can easily stunt you, or sleep you, etc. and sutra is gone. In tw is sutra good because you can attack to some1 who is busy with another fight so he will not interrupt you. ;-)
    I made genie for TW with spark eruption and fast energy gaining just to gain 2spark fast for sutra and ultimates. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, but lot of times sutra is not enough to kill some1. He can easily stunt you, or sleep you, etc. and sutra is gone. In tw is sutra good because you can attack to some1 who is busy with another fight so he will not interrupt you. ;-)
    I made genie for TW with spark eruption and fast energy gaining just to gain 2spark fast for sutra and ultimates. ;-)

in pk if i can i use anti stun pot and try do 399 chi combo :P

tw sutra? i lose less time, simple because i got time if i am behind for a bigger nuke what could 1hit the most of ppl exclude barb and heavy cash shopers, in tw i use fury pot often.
    only what annoying in tw why i must use sutra is the veno (run away fast after pet died) and archer (i hate when they hit when get sealed they use godline and run run and come back stun again; so must do fast reaction and if not enough good archer then maybe die during sutra [4-5 skill]), catapullers maybe the another case where i use sutra and i pray for enough crits after udine,frenzy/spark,amplify. against bm/cleric(except if too high hp) i rarly use sutra. bm's often easy when they aimed other ppl, else i sleep them fast and fly up and slow down them and i have time for kill when they follow.

(off: i played in wp ms or just was registered to forum? because i found u in mage section there in old thread about mage dmg calculation XD)
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if you wanna be a good wiz at pk.. yES you have to spend lots of rl money.. or you create a veno lvl it to 80~90 and farm continuously TT for money but that would take years.. okay maybe some month and you can go on with your real char.. even tho you might need a herc again money sucking... or go farm midmats/highmats but prices are rly fked up now with tokens in cash shop all the time.. i managed to get tt 80 gold/tt90 with just midmats farming.. yes its possible that way :P

r8= bout 1.4k-2k Euro.. and yes pw are money wh0res... every1 knows that.. its even worse selling a virtual item for 2k rl money than your body in rl.. b:shutup

you might need event gear.. means you have to spend money again.. like 20 mil are 39 euro in europe.. (maybe 40mil for the event hat.. ) and you need lots of
  • Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thats myth is busted

i know coz i still have level 70 gears mand even 40 ornaments

well wiz is indeed expensive but if you can Fish well

money is not an issue
    Below is my Signature dont steal
    b:angry World Domination b:angry
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I agree on both ends.

It al depends on the speed that you want to be end game with end game gear.

Atm i have Rank 6 + event cape as end game, and both gotten through merchanting and being in a faction that helps me out a bit. I don''t spend alot of IRL cash on the game ( like 10-20 bucks a month )

I've been playing my wiz for almost 9 months now.
  • HxCx - Heavens Tear
    HxCx - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    pve you'll be fine, pvp don't.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    pve you'll be fine, pvp don't.

someone is trying to build their post count by posting ****.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Look who is talking

<-- Pure_Black
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    someone is trying to build their post count by posting ****.

Mizou, did Binky hit you with that +12 nirvana bow?
    That in the hands of someone with +attk lvl stones and a frenzy, hitting your **** from about 34m away would .... yeah, let's just say it will hurt. Bad. Really bad. Extremely bad. That without the purge proc, cause if that happens kthxbai... :)

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Actually, already seen a (sage) wizard with +11 nirvana weapon and + 10 nirvana armor.
    With stone rain killed half HP of a blademaster of his same lvl (and almost same equip), and he had marrow magical on.

Yes, you need lots of refinment and a good protection belt and necklace (I'do go for those instead of the elemental ones if you wanna survive in PK\TW) and, ofc, a kick-**** weapon.
    Actually I have TT80 gold armor +2 and weapon +2 (the Sakra magic sword), I'm pure magic (which means 5 vit with no equip).
    In duels is kinda easy to win against almost all classes, in TW is pain against archers.
    My physical defense buffed is 4k (yeah I have to work on that).
    Generally, the good time to spend money on a wiz is when you are lvl 90+ (my opinion).
    you need:
    -lots of refine
    -a gold genie with good defensive skills
    -a lot of -% channelling gear (if you are obsessed with timing you can even go Demon tho)
    -good armor and weapon sharding (phys + HP)

Of course, this is all my opinion, everyone has his style of playing.
    but, one thing is sure: don't go LA.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys