Update bh?

Options
Slivaf - Dreamweaver
Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
EDIT: Damn messed up on title, meh oh well. xD

So now that the new updated bhs have been out for a while now, which one do you hate doing, and why?

For me it is BH39, and BH59.

Bh39 was fairly annoying because (on my alts) it was mainly when people were starting to learn there roles, which is very understandable, but still very frustrating, with the bh's taking way longer then they needed. :(

Bh59 mainly due to my barb, lets just say I can see why so many barbs complain about fees and stuff, I just simply refuse to do BH'S on my barb, I just wait for fbs to come up that I can join... they are stacked I don't run back. =x

So whats your least favorite BHx9 to do, and why?
Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
Post edited by Slivaf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    any bh with idiots the more of them the worse

now on a serious note i think bh39 I always end up with atleast 1 idiot that makes it all harder and riskier

but meh im not sure yet as i never did bh51 yet not pre update or afterwards
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I find BH79 the worst because resquadding over and over to get the right door takes longer than running through the instance, killing a boss and handing in the quest three times over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I stopped doing BH's since I cant see the upsides of doing them in the first place.

I voted "others"

I see BH's only good for 1 thing: speed-leveling. Maybe good for raising spirit pionts (using genie(s) to soak up the EXP).

I grind my gear from scratch so speed-leveling would be silly.
    (Still doing DQ L41 quests (as I have not yet figured out how to kill the DQ L51 boss solo as a cleric) in a fail attempt at getting Silver coins.. lolz but I degrees.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    EDIT: Damn messed up on title, meh oh well. xD

So now that the new updated bhs have been out for a while now, which one do you hate doing, and why?

For me it is BH39, and BH59.

Bh39 was fairly annoying because (on my alts) it was mainly when people were starting to learn there roles, which is very understandable, but still very frustrating, with the bh's taking way longer then they needed. :(

Bh59 mainly due to my barb, lets just say I can see why so many barbs complain about fees and stuff, I just simply refuse to do BH'S on my barb, I just wait for fbs to come up that I can join... they are stacked I don't run back. =x

So whats your least favorite BHx9 to do, and why?

Fees for bh 59?????? i never do that bh wined and its one of the easiest to do since we dont need a barb to do it so we dont have to be forced to get one,,,

The worsts bhs are 69 and 79, 79 cause of the stupid door check and 69 cause a barb is almost a must since on my server the bms all dream about fists now and have **** vit to tank poleharm i never saw so many bms crashing at pole like ive seen on this server...
  • Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The worsts bhs are 69 and 79, 79 cause of the stupid door check and 69 cause a barb is almost a must since on my server the bms all dream about fists now and have **** vit to tank poleharm i never saw so many bms crashing at pole like ive seen on this server...

^This..
    BH 69 is a nightmare for a cleric if u don't have a barb for Polearm.b:surrender
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Fees for bh 59?????? i never do that bh wined and its one of the easiest to do since we dont need a barb to do it so we dont have to be forced to get one,,,

Yes, tanking the mobs, and the bosses, along with the teleportation fees, it becomes quite expensive fairly fast as a barb, not to mention how time consuming it is there.

Either way, aye you are right a barb isn't needed in bh59's ;p, but imo they are also not that needed in any instance, I have seen archers tank gaunob, and polearm, granted they had some decent tricked out gear, they still did it. ;p Depends on who is tanking, DDing, and who the clerics is/perhaps are, ;p.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    39 is "lucky" winner:Uneccessary Very long especially when order backwards aka Trioc, Calcid,Farren. As well plenty of other reason which you can name b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BHs I hate with a passion are RB BH and TT3-3.

RB BH because it just takes long regardless of squad.

TT3-3 because during rushing past mobs, someone usually dies

or....

while fighting the BH boss, the cleric somehow gets 1 shotted by aoe. <___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BH59 just because it is so freaking annoying the way the bosses are selected, several resets may be needed. And damnit, people are just SO freaking stupid in BH59 squads. It took them like 2 days to get from the noobie level 40's to here and they really haven't figured out how to play as a team yet, OR have any kind of mastery of their skills or class. This is an epic failure BH series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I only do BH's on weekends when I have time.

Hardest one for my archer is bh69, since it's difficult to get a squad with a barb.

On the barb I don't care which one I'm doing, though 79 is the easiest since I don't need to tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BH 69 and BH 79

BH69 because the bosses are pretty freaking beast compared to other BH bosses and you have to pay for wines.

BH79 because that is a big friggin' dungeon with even more fee issues.

Also, you people complaining about BH59 are insane.
    That's the only BH where you don't have to get someone to wait inside while the rest turn in their quest and the only BH that can easily be done without a barb; half of those bosses can be tanked by anyone. Easy to find a squad for it and a very quick BH to do.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Personally, I hate BH39 and BH69.

I hate 39 because it's a charm ticker from hell, and is a serious waste of time (IMHO). As for BH69......I just f-in hate ALL bosses in there. Pyro = 1.5 - 2k dmg PER HIT (I'm lvl 73...avatar is off :s), Pole = pain, and w/e the last one's name is also = pain.

All in all, until i can afford to have my gear up to +5 (using TT70) w/ flawless critine's/turquoise i'm in trouble x.x
  • TwistedDeath - Heavens Tear
    TwistedDeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I hate BH29 everytime I do it I aways get the noobs who like to do there own thing instead of working in a team. And cleric who think that they can help kill without get hit when they heal freaking noobs. awwwwwwwwwwwwwb:angry
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Polearm is all about having a good cleric. The cleric has to purify as soon as he sees the channel animation, so it'll land right after the debuff. I've tanked pole with my heavy veno in the 80s with just 3500 hp, no charm. Having a competent cleric there is much more important than the tank's hp.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    39 and 51, because those are the two bhes where half the people don't know what they're doing. Gods, so many tanks who didn't understand aggro, DDs who couldn't manage damage, and clerics using Wellspring Surge like it was IH. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i especially do not like fb/bh39, 51 and 69. oops forgot to check 51. those exploding mobs are the most annoying. i always ask the tabber to stay back and not die. i don't want to sound like i'm patronizing them, but i would really hate for tabber or a member to die, especially the cleric, and then stand there and tank the boss while my charm ticks away waiting for them to run back. i am never tanking 51 ever again. b:angryb:surrender
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BH 69 and BH 79

BH69 because the bosses are pretty freaking beast compared to other BH bosses and you have to pay for wines.

BH79 because that is a big friggin' dungeon with even more fee issues.

Also, you people complaining about BH59 are insane.
    That's the only BH where you don't have to get someone to wait inside while the rest turn in their quest and the only BH that can easily be done without a barb; half of those bosses can be tanked by anyone. Easy to find a squad for it and a very quick BH to do.
    ^ This

Although from your level I guess you didn't start doing the real bh79 chain (only from bh69 a few 79 bosses), because it is WAY more irritating.

I used to do bh's almost every day now I don't bother anymore, bh79 is simply a nightmare compared to everything else... stupid door checks/resets... high wine fee without tokens... and a huge dungeon with lots of running especially if the door to the adalwolves is the one opened.

So I'm not doing BH anymore just getting the BH quests and handing them in when I get a fb79 party.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    39 and 51, because those are the two bhes where half the people don't know what they're doing. Gods, so many tanks who didn't understand aggro, DDs who couldn't manage damage, and clerics using Wellspring Surge like it was IH. b:cry
    This. It doesn't help that it's my cleric that most recently had to deal with them.

Not a huge fan of 69 either, but only my DD characters have made it that far, so when things go bad I can take a swim and usually survive.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Polearm is all about having a good cleric.
    I prefer the barb that cancels all his channeling attacks.

Anyways, BH39 and BH79 for level 80s are the worst. 39 is insanely long and 79(80) is just pointless.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I heard you get rep in BH99/100... I HATE killing lower levels, thats no challenge at all

+ I chose all except for BH99/100
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    29 is the best, 39 sucks, 51 is sometimes very annoying but usually goes well, 59 is great. 69 is PITA since it's the first one with wine fees, 79 is too big and I don't know about 89+.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have seen archers tank gaunob, and polearm, granted they had some decent tricked out gear, they still did it. ;p Depends on who is tanking, DDing, and who the clerics is/perhaps are, ;p.

I've seen a wizard tank Polearm... that was pretty awsome

Back on topic: Bh 39 has been my most dreaded BH, I hate it... don't particually mind the other BHs, but 29 can get annoying cause people don't really get the whole BH thing yet and quite often they don't get how to play their class b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I hated bh69. I avoided it totally after the first couple times. It was just really annoying having to wait to find a barb since most parties wont do it without a barb even though we have two clerics and a relatively high hp bm (who is willing and/or has tanked the boss before). The rest is a cake walk for me but bh100 is very time consuming for the most part but not difficult. My experience was with the first bh system though not this one now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Yeah, I had done 69 with 2 fist bm's, and they both had to tank. It wasn't impossible, but it was more or less friggen hilarious. I have demon res, so when one would just get slammed, I spammed the other, ressed the dead one, and continued spamming the one that had aggro until she died. Then it was just wash, rinse, and repeat, b:laugh

Nobody else died except the bm's, which had maybe 2 deaths each until pole finally died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    id do every single freaking one without a hate if i had the time to....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    bh i hate most? im torn between 69 (looking for tank for pole bleh) and 51 (idk why so many ppl do stupid things there, nowadays those who need bh51 should have learned ropes when doing 39, but apparently some didnt)
    my absolute favourite is 59 - i could tank it whole so after 51 was a relief... on the other hand first bh i ever was on was 51, and when i was at 7x there was 1 bh per day so i can be biased here b:chuckle
    79 is ok, i just wish more ppl would stack bhs. eden and brim - once i learned them also ok. sot and abaddon - i sometimes come there help friends for fun b:shocked.
    im really worried what i will think of tt 3-3, rb and warsong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BH39.
    /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Only 1 BH i hate: BH 100 warsong. To sum it up, its pure bug abuse, and PWE doesnt care. Really fun hitting a boss that doesnt fight back.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thanks for the replies all.

Keep them coming. =x

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BH51 is the absolute WORST! heres why: when you get wyvern first, everyone in the squad is too noob to do it backwards so they do fush first, then rankar wyvern. end you end up having to do 3 bh runs and looking for other squads for the other runs when they could have just run it backwards like we did in the olden days when there wasnt 3 bh!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)