aoe wizzy

goat111
goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
is the build light armor or arcane i have a lvl 50 cleric thats lvl 50 with +3 gear and has 3slots in all but its all arcane and since wizzies get aoes at lvl 16 i really wanna start self aoe to self quest faster xD i do have a few cleric slavesb:victory ty for the info peeps <333b:dirtyb:kissb:bye and can i solo aoe at higher lvls? :O
Post edited by goat111 on

Comments

• nim7
    nim7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have a lv35 wiz, so I can't say much.. I can take on max of 2 phy attack mobs and 3 mag attack mobs at a time (my lv) with my Dragons Breath.. I find it fun to use ^.^ , you will need to play smart though, using HP pots and 2nd Wind (genie skill) to keep you alive...
  • nim7
    edited May 2010
    But, a word of caution: I was solo AoEing on tiger striped araneids (and sometimes scorpions or whatever, but they could make things dangerous for me so i usually tried to avoid them) when I was level 35. And on several occasions I saw other wizards trying the same thing and dying. I remember, in particular, one saying "I can do this" and a few seconds later dying. Anyways, you need to be prepared.

lol yep b:chuckle thats sometimes me..lol Thats why I don't have more then 2 backstabbing scorpions things on me... and make sure when killing the spiders, to keep a distance so they don't psy attack you instead of poison, caz it would be like having 5 psy attack mobs on you.. It ant pretty b:cry
  • goat111
    goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ty all for your replies how would i build a pve genie and then at 90+build a TW/PvP genie and what genie shoul i be getting? ty and whats teh build for me to solo aoe?b:pleasedb:dirtyb:kissb:victory
  • nim7
    edited May 2010
    Well.. I have found that every 1 vit you put in Wiz, you only get 10hp (me noob >.<), so I think puting vit points is useless b:surrender , I would say ether Light armor or Arcane armor, Arcane will kill the mobs faster and would have better mage defense, but Light armor will protect you all round but your magic attack will be lower...

I MY opinion, I would prefer Arcane armor build (Pure Mage), people can debate on this, but this is MY opinion just to recap what I said >.< . In the end, its your choice and your kind of game play style for your solo AOE frenzy b:pleased.

As for genies, you will need 2nd Wind for sure, then I would recommend Holy path..., they are good for PvP, PvE and TW. The rest I'm not sure, but for me I'm going to get Cloud Eruption, this is as far I have planed lol. I chose Cloud Eruption because you can get chi and when maxed, people say then can double spark b:dirty . Which would be good for TW and PvP and PvE if you like to F' Up the mob you are trying to kill bad!!! lol

Now, for the kind of genie to have for PvE would be Zeal I guess.. because of its Zeal only skill Earthflame. That skill will lure any mobs without taking agro from other mobs that are close... (expt for luring a bosses that has followers). PvP genie I have no clue, I have 2 genies (Zeal and Infection), both will have 2nd wind and Holy Path, as for the other skill/s, I'm still working on it..

For putting points in genie, it all depends on what genie skills you are going to get/have and what would benefit you the most.
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    goat111 wrote: »
    ty all for your replies how would i build a pve genie and then at 90+build a TW/PvP genie and what genie shoul i be getting? ty and whats teh build for me to solo aoe?b:pleasedb:dirtyb:kissb:victory

Solo AoE? No way to do that, in my opinion, not even with charms. If you wish to AoE, go zhenning. I don't think a wizard is actually meant to be AoE-ing solo.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    that's a completely wrong statement without limiting it to lvls.
    AoE solo for wizard is very possible with genie help. No charm needed, maybe some event pots or pots that u can manufacture alone. Of course, you can't do this at lvl 50, but in the high 80s this is totally possible (grinding at wolves near brim)

here is the example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7JlJuCpu38

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1 way to find out, roll a new wizzie and aoe grind to power ! :P

its easy to get op gear for your lowbie with an high lvl alt :P
    i like potato
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    that's a completely wrong statement without limiting it to lvls.
    AoE solo for wizard is very possible with genie help. No charm needed, maybe some event pots or pots that u can manufacture alone. Of course, you can't do this at lvl 50, but in the high 80s this is totally possible (grinding at wolves near brim)

here is the example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7JlJuCpu38

I see. Pardon me, my experience with AoE is still pretty limited (almost non-existant). b:shutup