drop and mats

Purespiritt - Raging Tide
Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Its is true that higher lvl means worse drop chance?b:sad
I ask because im think about collecting mats for manufacturing eq and medicaments especially in higher lvls -50>.
I see in Pw database that for example Purified Oil and Silk Thread drops to the 37 lvl of mobs and what next (there are neded to eq in lvl 50?)? I hear that people with high lvls have oft problems with this or other elements for craft. My friend with lvl around 70 make new character advisedly to collect molds. These materials are very costly so what remain - steal by grind?
Naturally man can buy eq for another players but there are costly,by NPC's are costly and without bonuses so that even worster solution.

I hear that to lvl 30 i have 90% chance to become a drop in 31 85% and in 50 only 1%. It's look really so?
I dont think that without mats (or gold of mountain) these have sense in high lvlsb:surrender

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes it's true. As you get higher in level relative to the mob, its drop rate gets reduced. No it's not a problem because the other drops you get at higher level sell for a lot more money, so you can just grind for coin and buy the mats you need.

For some reason people have this hangup about buying the mats they need. Mats you get as drops and use for crafting are not free. You are losing the money you could've made selling them. And since cat shop sell price to players is by definition the same as buy price from players, they are costing you just as much as if you simply went grinding for coin and bought them.

So if you need a certain mat, you are better off grinding for coin and buying the mat. When you grind for coin, every drop is helping you acquire the mat. When you grind for the mat, only about one in every 10 or 20 drops will be the mat you need, so it takes you a lot more time to grind for them than to buy them. Put another way, why spend hours grinding for the mats you need when other people who don't need them are getting them as drops and are perfectly willing to sell them to you? They have something you want (mats), you have something they want (coin). Just make the trade and everyone comes out happier quicker.