Which class to play (part2) ?

Options
MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
In the end i make a thread like these again, lol.
These a link for my last thread : The first thread (15 voters and 5 of them pick archer) But i am confused again now. xD

You can say i am someone who always worry of end game money making potential for my character (because i am not a cash shopper) especially after seeing how good was 5.00 interval fist or claw on killing instances. =O
But i wonder which the better one ? end game farming or do merchant business ? Though i always want to get the feeling of punching through instances at high speed.
And since i am always confused on what class to play ? I just play them all ? >.<

(I am not using hyper, oracle, or esoterica and do quest first before BH so its take awhile for me to reach lv 50)
(btw, last time i have 3x cleric but deleted her x.x)

Well, thank you for your attention. b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
Post edited by MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tbh...the amount of money you spend on all those char for skills, pots, repair etc is enough to make u 1 good char with decent gear at 8x lvl =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if you are not in a rush to level just try each class and play what you like most or if you cant choose just play all

i for one am definatly not rich in rl and stil i play barb at my own pace, as main and im in the procces of learning how to merchant why i play this class is because i like barbs more then any other class and play for the fun not to be the very best
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tbh...the amount of money you spend on all those char for skills, pots, repair etc is enough to make u 1 good char with decent gear at 8x lvl =/

Well i guess so . .
    At first i say to my self " Hey, just focus on one character ! "
    But then " Uooh the boredom . . what should i do ? "
    In the end " I guess i just play what i wanted. "

About money >.> . . with every character have 11ms mount, fash, and 3ms aerocraft. I wonder how many is that if owned by one character. (no aerocraft yet for barb)
    if you are not in a rush to level just try each class and play what you like most or if you cant choose just play all

i for one am definatly not rich in rl and stil i play barb at my own pace, as main and im in the procces of learning how to merchant why i play this class is because i like barbs more then any other class and play for the fun not to be the very best

Yes i am not rushing, btw good luck on your merchant journey. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ....that would equivalent to gold TT80 set farmin/buyin during x2 shard with flawless/immac and +4 =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ....that would equivalent to gold TT80 set farmin/buyin during x2 shard with flawless/immac and +4 =/

b:shocked Oh that more than i thought . . and still not count other things.
    But i am feel so much boredom if only played one character. b:surrender

Hm . . why there only 1 voter (wizard) so far . . b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Archer is pretty good for non-cashshoppers, because they can PVE with crappy gear and a decent bow. I have cheap 3star equipment and I'm doing fine at 90, mobs can't reach me. (: Repair cost is minimal, you will find enough potions as drops (I have over 400 potions in bank). My Archer is pretty rich, I basically only spend coins on BH wine, teleport and d. orbs for my bow (I like to +4 my bows at least). You only have to spend a lot on gear if you wanna PVP (I hate PVP).

Edit: I almost forgot about the skills, I have 6 early-lvl skills maxed out only, I didn't even touch the others. Archers mainly kill with normal attacks, so their skills are cheap. ^^
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree, Archers are fast lvlers, easy to play and the cheapest class in the game. Many people say Veno is the cheapest, but that's not true, they eventually have to buy a Herc in order to get into good squads, while Archers can PVE effectively with sucky equips.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well i guess i am confused which better to make money merchanting or farming at endgame.
    (because i am not so good at merchant, can't make huge money making plan that can earn millions everyday)
    About archer well i know if not goes to PVP they were very good at PVE but it also feel boring somehow . . b:chuckle
    Well venomancer is the most effective cost on PVE (archer can't solo instances without great gears right) but boring for me . .

Well right now i am playing cleric already 4 day lv 31 now . . so nice so far just crying for spirit. b:laugh (thx for 2x exp spirit drop event)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well venomancer is the most effective cost on PVE (archer can't solo instances without great gears right) but boring for me . .

Some instances cannot be soloed without a Herc, either. :) So you have to spend a fortune before you can do that. Archer - cleric duo can be effective, too. ^^
    Plus, Archer with crits and -interval gear kills everything a lot faster than a Veno.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Some instances cannot be soloed without a Herc, either. :) So you have to spend a fortune before you can do that. Archer - cleric duo can be effective, too. ^^
    Plus, Archer with crits and -interval gear kills everything a lot faster than a Veno.

I know that but other than veno basically no other class can solo without good gear or much more higher lv than the instance.
    And i am also understand the farm endgame with -interval gear (bm or archer) just look at my first post. b:chuckle
    But meh . . what i wondering is it better to merchant or farm end game to make money . .
    somehow right now i am goes more toward merchant . . (but not good if compared with people that can earn millions everyday by merchanting)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Archer! Take full advantage of interval by using both bow and fist/claw. It's sweeeeet!

And definitely merchant. If you want to be able to afford decent end game, merchanting is the way to go. When you get enough coins to work with, making 400-500 million pure profit off one event is possible.
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would not use dragon orbs for refining unless I was going for something really high (maybe +7 or +8, depending). You can buy a lot of celestones for the price of a dragon orb. For +4 I would use tienkang stones for the last refine (or maybe for the +3 also if my celestones were expensive or the tienkang stones were cheap).

I have terrible luck at refining. After wasting over 20 mirages on my bow to +2 it (!!!), I just gave up and bought d orbs. U_U
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Actually i am playing cleric right now . . 4x so far. Enjoyed it so far. b:pleased
    But i can tell future *want moar spirit cry* of my cleric. b:chuckle
    Well about money it not bad so far. (already get good aerocraft for my cleric)
    Thx for replies and votes on these thread. I might tell more later or ask other thing. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok so i am bored again everyone . .
    And after seeing the vote and replies again, i guess i will try playing archer again. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]