Farm veno! AA, LA, or HA?

Elirynn - Sanctuary
Elirynn - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Venomancer
I would love to know your opinions on how I can make the most effective farming veno! Mind you, she will be limited to level 26-30.

I'm building her during 2x events for the sole purpose of farming, and I've noticed that during this low level I don't have soul transfusion/metabolic boost/natures grace ect. available. So instead of using pots, and sticking with an arcane build, I've started thinking about LA/HA. b:chuckle

So excited to hear your thoughts, suggestions, advice guys :'D

P.S. My main is an arcane veno, just wanted to try something different :) don't want to take "breaks" and meditate for my MP at this level.

Discuss! b:victory
Post edited by Elirynn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's not particularly hard to equip a HA/AA veno in that range. (It becomes harder to find enough +stat and -req gear as your level increases.) Your foxform skills and auto-attack will hit harder as a heavy than as a light. Note that auto-attack will wear your weapon down fairly quickly, though. Magic weapons have a fast attack, and don't have the durability of melee weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What would a lv20 be farming? In any case, low level mobs should do in a hit or two accompanied by an attack oriented pet. AA shouldnt be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If I'd build a special farm Veno, she would get to (and stick at) Level 60 and grind on Foxwing Supremes. In any case, I'd get a pet with high mdef and I'd wear AA.

20ish? Play a Smurf. Or a Teletubby.They should do the job.
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    If I'd build a special farm Veno, she would get to (and stick at) Level 60 and grind on Foxwing Supremes. In any case, I'd get a pet with high mdef and I'd wear AA.

20ish? Play a Smurf. Or a Teletubby.They should do the job.

What I need is not DQ. Especially since DQ prices were nerfed. It's probably been a while since you remembered what dropped during 2-3x which is just fine. I'd be surprised if you even noticed at that level since it seems you have your head shoved so far up your **** just because you're 8x. b:cute

I've also mentioned that my main Is an AA, just wanted to try something new. It must be refreshing to keep on a grinding pace without being interrupted by rests. It's what I enjoy

Take your sarcasm/snob elsewhere b:bye
    What would a lv20 be farming? In any case, low level mobs should do in a hit or two accompanied by an attack oriented pet. AA shouldnt be a problem.

I need blacksmithing mats b:victory I'd rather get them myself since it is so easy to level a toon up to 2-3x
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I've also mentioned that my main Is an AA, just wanted to try something new. It must be refreshing to keep on a grinding pace without being interrupted by rests. It's what I enjoy

LA will pretty much take the same damage as AA for the first 30-40 levels. HA isn't worth it since you lack a good weapon and statpoints at lower levels. For farming at low levels AA is the best option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    LA will pretty much take the same damage as AA for the first 30-40 levels. HA isn't worth it since you lack a good weapon and statpoints at lower levels. For farming at low levels AA is the best option.

Wish it wasn't so b:sad I guess I'll stock up on pots I pick up and farm to my heart's content. Tyvm for your input Esuna b:thanks
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What I need is not DQ. Especially since DQ prices were nerfed. It's probably been a while since you remembered what dropped during 2-3x which is just fine. I'd be surprised if you even noticed at that level since it seems you have your head shoved so far up your **** just because you're 8x. b:cute

Take your sarcasm/snob elsewhere b:bye

I need blacksmithing mats b:victory I'd rather get them myself since it is so easy to level a toon up to 2-3x

You don't seem to understand what I want to say. It doesn't matter what kind of armor you wear at low levels, because a) your skills aren't developed enough to make a difference, b) mobs don't hit really hard, c) mobs don't have many HP, d) here's not alot of variation of gear to build a char around yet.

It doesn't matter what skills you use in which order, using which pet, wearing which armor and which weapon: You'll send your pet in, nuke/hit and heal a bit and loot.

Thus, go with what you like. If you like the looks of HA, so be it. Prefer LA? Go ahead. It's the 20s FFS.

And next time, read my posts carefully.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    For farming hay go with an arcane Veno(higher dmg more MP recovery. Your pet should take the dmg so keep your HP low(you arn't trying to lvl here) that way your soul transfusion is more efficent. you should never have to use a pot. Only skills to lvl are Natures Grace, Pet heal, Metabolic Boots, Iron wood, and soul transfusion. Leave all others at 1 or 0
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    low lvl farming, pure mag
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I just a veno through those levels myself. Pure mag because you wont use one pot just heal and use your two basic attack skills.
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    For farming hay go with an arcane Veno(higher dmg more MP recovery. Your pet should take the dmg so keep your HP low(you arn't trying to lvl here) that way your soul transfusion is more efficent. you should never have to use a pot. Only skills to lvl are Natures Grace, Pet heal, Metabolic Boots, Iron wood, and soul transfusion. Leave all others at 1 or 0

extremely helpful! and yes, that's what I did majority of 26-35 :D gahh you added details on what I should focus on! b:thanks I want to hug you lolb:cute
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What's the point in having a farm veno? Couldnt your main veno do it just as well, probably even better?
    >.<
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    What's the point in having a farm veno? Couldnt your main veno do it just as well, probably even better?

Some materials aren't easily attainable at my level b:chuckle I may have better skills and higher stats, but that doesn't necessarily make farming/merching better. Just gotta know where to look b:victory
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Some materials aren't easily attainable at my level b:chuckle I may have better skills and higher stats, but that doesn't necessarily make farming/merching better. Just gotta know where to look b:victory

I'm saying at your lvl you could collect more types of mats or herbs. If you have a farm veno less than lvl 30, it would only be able to collect starter mats, and lvl 20 mats instead of lvl 40 mats or lvl 60 mats. And if you get a veno to 89, do your culti, and gain access to heaven/hell, the herbs there sell good. (2 best spots Imo to farm are King's feast and Momaganon [demon world]) I suppose Village of dreaming Cloud and Fragrant hill are nice for lvl 60+ mats, too. The starter mats and lvl 20 mats sell for next to nothing.
    >.<
  • Feruta - Heavens Tear
    Feruta - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm saying at your lvl you could collect more types of mats or herbs. If you have a farm veno less than lvl 30, it would only be able to collect starter mats, and lvl 20 mats instead of lvl 40 mats or lvl 60 mats. And if you get a veno to 89, do your culti, and gain access to heaven/hell, the herbs there sell good. (2 best spots Imo to farm are King's feast and Momaganon [demon world]) I suppose Village of dreaming Cloud and Fragrant hill are nice for lvl 60+ mats, too. The starter mats and lvl 20 mats sell for next to nothing.

What level are your crafting skills? You've obviously never done the quests for level 4 blacksmith/tailor/craftsman if you think that lvl 20 mats are worthless. Go check the prices of low level leathers, oils, and glues (the mats you can only get as drops).
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    What level are your crafting skills? You've obviously never done the quests for level 4 blacksmith/tailor/craftsman if you think that lvl 20 mats are worthless. Go check the prices of low level leathers, oils, and glues (the mats you can only get as drops).

My Tailor and Blacksmith are both lvl 5. I had lvl 4 tailor and blacksmith when gold was still 100k a piece, so yes the mats were worth less then, but not much. Craft is lvl 2 (never bothered with it) And apoth is lvl 2 also. If your lvling up a veno to farm rare mats like glue, oil, leather, and thread that only drop from mobs, then i understand why you would only keep it at a certain lvl (to get good drop rate, obviously) but if you're lvling one up just to dig mines, thens theres no point.
    >.<
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    My Tailor and Blacksmith are both lvl 5. I had lvl 4 tailor and blacksmith when gold was still 100k a piece, so yes the mats were worth less then, but not much. Craft is lvl 2 (never bothered with it) And apoth is lvl 2 also. If your lvling up a veno to farm rare mats like glue, oil, leather, and thread that only drop from mobs, then i understand why you would only keep it at a certain lvl (to get good drop rate, obviously) but if you're lvling one up just to dig mines, thens theres no point.

I didn't mention digging up rocks...I Am farming for drops from mobs. It's the whole reason this thread was created...so I could farm from mobs...without being interrupted by meditation. b:bye Also <100k to 430k (current gold price) is a bit of a jump to me b:chuckle That's pretty much half a million.
  • ArchSeraph - Dreamweaver
    ArchSeraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'd have to agree with using the main. I currently farm an easy 500k in an hour with double drops, which is more than enough to craft several things, getting some EXP and free pots all the while for use during the more intensive TT runs and the like.

Generally, if you grind hard enough you can easily purchase the mats along with the more valuable drops you decide to keep. To add to that, mob mats (thread, glue, glaze, and leather) are often cheaper than their mined counterparts because of the rate of killing vs. mining.

I mean, why stop your main's EXP, money, and item progression to have an alt of the same class be for little more than just providing you items (only 1/3 of the above dynamic).

Regardless, to return to the original focus of this thread, go Arcane Armor. The stats for arcane are simple, it has the highest amount of damage, the least amount of HP loss (thus least amount of recovery downtime), and more than likely the highest kill speed (although I can't verify that, I'll assume without higher levels of melee mastery your melee damage will be too low).
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I'd have to agree with using the main. I currently farm an easy 500k in an hour with double drops, which is more than enough to craft several things, getting some EXP and free pots all the while for use during the more intensive TT runs and the like.

Generally, if you grind hard enough you can easily purchase the mats along with the more valuable drops you decide to keep. To add to that, mob mats (thread, glue, glaze, and leather) are often cheaper than their mined counterparts because of the rate of killing vs. mining.

I mean, why stop your main's EXP, money, and item progression to have an alt of the same class be for little more than just providing you items (only 1/3 of the above dynamic).

Regardless, to return to the original focus of this thread, go Arcane Armor. The stats for arcane are simple, it has the highest amount of damage, the least amount of HP loss (thus least amount of recovery downtime), and more than likely the highest kill speed (although I can't verify that, I'll assume without higher levels of melee mastery your melee damage will be too low).

I'm not quite leveling my main atm because I still am raising money/SoF so it doesn't matter. I'm not in a hurry :)

What I farm is my prerogative b:surrender I wouldn't really want to explain what I'm doing to earn my keep, but I keep a good eye on the AH and Gold AH. I'm pretty confident in my profit, and how to multiply it.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Well I didn't completely understand the point of the thread till the OP confirmed it was for getting rare mats from mobs, not mines. To me farming = digging mines. Grinding = killing for exp/drops.
    >.<