How to tell which completed BH quest you are about to turn in?

Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
For example, today's BH was RB BH........I have a completed RB BH and a completed SoT.........if I turn in the RB BH i get a BH 1 and 2, if I turn in the SoT first I still have to turn in the other one, thus wasting a chance to pick up an extra BHII on the day I may not be able to get that days done.

So what I'm asking is when you have more than one complete BH, and they both say "Thanks, here's your reward', how do you tell which one is which?
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If they are different numbers, then that's it.

If not, then that's just too bad.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    It doesn't matter which you turn in first. All BH resets to the current day's set regardless of what you did the day before. You can only do one per day, so it's pointless to turn in two BH II etc in same day.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    volst wrote: »
    It doesn't matter which you turn in first. All BH resets to the current day's set regardless of what you did the day before. You can only do one per day, so it's pointless to turn in two BH II etc in same day.
    The problem comes about when you're carrying over BH from previous days. Say you have a Linus BH1. For whatever reason you weren't able to do your BH that day. Next day you pick up a Brig BH1, but again aren't able to do your BH.

Third day BH is a Linus chain. You do your BH and get both done. You go to turn them in... and there's no way to tell them apart. You guess, and end up turning in the Brig BH1. Because the day's BH1 is a Linus and you still have the Linus BH1 in your list, you can't get the new Linus BH1. You have to turn in your second BH1 for the day (Linus) to get the new BH1 for the day (Linus), thus ending up with a second bounty order which you can't use.

We just discussed this a couple days ago. Speculation is there's a fixed order the turn-ins appear in. So depending on which BH you have completed and where they show in this order, you should be able to pick the correct one to turn in.

I keep a couple alts in their 40s just for cases like this. If I guess wrong and have to turn in another BH, the extra bounty order I receive doesn't go to waste. I pass it to my alt via my account stash and he picks up a BH29. Next day if my main needs that bounty order, I just do a BH29 (quick and easy) and pass the bounty order back to my main. Another way to deal with it is to turn in your BH about 15 min before the end of the day. If you have to turn in two and end up with an extra bounty order, you can wait til the new day and (hopefully) use it for the next day's BH chain.
  • Pwangsta - Archosaur
    Pwangsta - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I believe the order of bh's listed in the conversation box is the reverse of the order listed in your quest log (i.e. bh's you picked up first are listed earlier in your quest log, and therefore show up later in the conversation box).

Of course, I also have a bad memory, so it may be the complete reverse. But I'm 99% sure the order the bh's are shown is fixed and determined by the order you picked them up in. Just not totally sure whether it's first-in-last-out or first-in-first-out. b:surrender
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I believe the order of bh's listed in the conversation box is the reverse of the order listed in your quest log (i.e. bh's you picked up first are listed earlier in your quest log, and therefore show up later in the conversation box).

Of course, I also have a bad memory, so it may be the complete reverse. But I'm 99% sure the order the bh's are shown is fixed and determined by the order you picked them up in. Just not totally sure whether it's first-in-last-out or first-in-first-out. b:surrender

this one went wrong for me, guess i better try reverse then :P
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010

This is incorrect. There is a fixed order in which the BHs appear, regardless of what order you picked them up, i explained it here;
    The order they are listed in the hand-in window correlates to an internal quest ID which is permanent. However due to revamps of the BH system, the order of the internal IDs dont always seem logical. Forinstance all 1s appear last due to the revamp making all new 1s, thereby giving them later internal quest IDs by the system.

The order you gotten them in your quest log has no bearing on the order they are listed in in the hand-in window. Lets see if i can make an (over symplified) example, the quest IDs i list are NOT real, just making them up;

chain 1; BH1:farren (quest ID 344) > BH2:calcid (quest ID 297) > BH3:Hercule (quest ID 299)
    chain 2; BH1:Hercule (quest ID 345) > BH2:calcid (quest ID 298) > BH3:farren (quest ID 300)

Notice i showed later IDs for BH1s as that happened from a revamp, even tho the actual quest IDs i dont know & made up the numbers. In this Example, the order it would show in the hand-in window would be:

chain1:BH2:calcid
    chain2:BH2:calcid
    chain1:BH3:Hercule
    chain2:BH3:farren
    chain1:BH1:farren
    chain2:BH1:Hercule

That order is completely fixed (please note, the chain1 & chain2 may be flipped, i dont remember which of the 2 chains the game considers chain 1 through quest IDs). So regardless of what order you recieved them in, they would be listed in that order. Similarly (but more complicated for more chains) patterns exist for later BH chains. So through enough trial and error you can figure out what the permanent order they list them in. In fact just today, i wanted to hand in my 2nd chain BH2 but not my 1st chain BH2 (to hold for tomorrow), and i knew (through my own trial & error) that the 2nd chain i picked up would actually be listed higher in order, and so i turned in the correct one & saved the correct one.

Edit: to my best knowledge, the quest IDs shown in PWdatabase, may not be accurate number to the game, but at the very least, the numbering is in order that they seem to appear in the hand-in list.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    em yay for stacking?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Brentena - Heavens Tear
    Brentena - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    when you take the quest doesn't have any influence
    I know for BH69, I Nob is above I pole, no idea about other ones