Update our skill animations!

2»

Comments

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i highly reccoment u stop playing this game, or any mmo for that matter, you sound like a moron with the **** u came out with, is whining and crying ur speciality? u tell them to stop crying and whining, yet ur crying and whining about them apparantly do it...

pick ur words b:bye

I tell you what, when you can learn to use Safari or some form of spelling and grammar check for your posts....we'll talk. Okay? Oh-kay.

Honestly, I was a cleric before the TB....and you ought to be a little more concerned about what the skills DO, not how pretty they are. I already stated, yes, I do agree, they need fixing. (The Wizards and BM's have it the worst IMHO.)

@ Elv-- Agreed...I'd rather have the TB meditation turned off to be honest. The only thing it's good for is making a lag in large groups, and meditating in shallow water. (We really can, not that this helps much.)

True forms, FTW. Of course....that's been suggested and the DEV's aren't buying it. I'd love my barb to turn into a wolf.....but we can all dream can't we?

Good call on the elf/human medi's.....lol....birds........b:laugh

@Aryanna: :D hai thar. Just the daily dose of whine.....

@Darkis--Total agreement.
  • frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010

As for skills being flashier, i could care less since that means more detail and hence more memory usage to render it, hence more lag/slowed down animation. And dont tell me to buy a better comp for a freakin F2P MMO. There are better to things to spend money on.

I totally agree with this. There's no point in making the other classes skills "flashier" It will just lead to more game lag and more people getting emo and QQing about the lag. So people stop complaining about the graphics of the skills.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its good to see that PW is still filled with more QQ than pew pew.

Keep up the good work.

Has everyone forgotten how over-powerred us Venos are?? NIX FTW b:bye
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    First off Ty if your reading second off Hollllllyyy ****
    Why are the tideborn skillz so crazy looking, it almost sickens me there moves are Sooo....
    Graphical. I have been a cleric since i joined a year ago And Im sick of how my skillz look Well exepct for some, And im pretty sure most other feel the same.

p.s. UPDATE ALL THE OTHER CLASSES TOO D=b:angryb:angry

This couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the tideborn characters were developed quite a bit later than the other classes, and, thus have the advantage of the latest graphic algorithms and technologies?
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • Linkmas - Sanctuary
    Linkmas - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can hear it callin in the air tonight........

QQ.....QQ.....QQ....QQ....QQ...QQ...QQ

I agree the old classes need fixing though.

Other than that, stop crying...or play a better game. May I suggest Runesc@pe? At least there ALL the graphics look like poo...that way you can't possibly whine!
    really runesc@pe ?! b:sad
    besides yea other lasses need some retouch and redesign cuz Devs made the tideborn more powerfull then other classes ... i am an archer and i cant even beat a sin lower then me they have instant seal stun bleeding attacks u cant beat them (psy are not trouble for me)
    any way ... make some retouch to other classes , make them able to solo bosses ( venos are the only class that can solo bosses , other classes should have pets too ) ...
    b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hmm let's see... flashy skills for all other classes besides tideborns....

Clerics: Hour long squad buffs (magic shell one, vanguard spirit one, and hp/mp regen one) oh yea, regeneration aura is flashy too
    Wizards: Black Ice Dragon Strike, Dragon's Breath
    Blademaster: Glacial Spike, Heaven's flame
    Archers: hmm... Barrage looks pretty flashy to me. (oh yea and i like the way the evasion buff looks)
    Barbs: Um... invoke.... and what's that blue looking knock back skill called?
    Venos: Um Parasitic nova, Malefic crush.

I think we all pretty much get our share of flashy skills. Too much flashy= bad lag.
    >.<
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ..make some retouch to other classes , make them able to solo bosses ( venos are the only class that can solo bosses , other classes should have pets too )

erm....

Why do we have to have all classes to be able to run TT solo? Absolutely no need.

Now back on topic..

I do know where everyone's coming from in regards to this graphics issue. As an ex-wiz, I can relate. However, keep this in mind. I think that a large aspect of this is the fact that these skills are all very "new" atm. For instance, When I started playing PW in PWMY, my absolute Favorite part about playing my wiz was our awesome skill animations in relation to the other classes. I mean really, what wiz in PWI was not impressed the first time they saw BIDS? Anyways, my point is, I feel that in a couple months or so, these skills will also loose their luster to the frequent PW player, and will become as everyday as pie.

Some additional points which I don't feel on expanding on:

True form for all classes: No, there is no need. Not all classes branch from Animal counterparts.

Sage Spark: I do agree that it could use something to differentiate itself from 59 Spark, however, I feel this issue is minimal.

Overall new skill animations: While I do feel that there are some instances where skills should be revamped, I feel that our first priority should be getting existing skills FUNCTIONAL! What is the use of a pretty skill which does not work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the most terrible thing are not animations of old skills

is the fact that **** MANY OF OUR SKILLS TOOLTIP ARE STILL BUGGED

GLACIAL SNARE SAGE, SANDSTORM SAGE, HAILSTORM, FROSTBLADE

FIX THEM. NOW.

and stop caring of tideborns, they dont deserve anything more than the care u are putting in them
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]