Mount Glitch ... EXTREMELY UPSET and DISAPPOINTED

MasterJigz - Dreamweaver
MasterJigz - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Support Desk
I've been having an issue with MY $35 Hellhound.. damn mount just blinks out invisible and the only things i can see are the red glowing eyes and parts of its saddle and tail!!

Don't worry, i already submitted a ticket but they still want to beat around the bush telling me that my ATI Catalyst is out-of-date stating that drivers were dated back in 2008. The ONLY thing i found 2008 on the video is the BIOS. I updated to the latest Catalyst drivers as suggested and it STILL is the same. Funny thing is, my spurred Kirin and jaguar DO NOT have the glitch. I followed exactly what they "suggested" .. including lowering my ATI video settings to no avail .. imagine, TECH SUPPORT asked me to play on gimped graphics on my 6 month old $900 PC all because of ONE MOUNT GLITCH they don't want to own up to. "Let's blame the PC cause I can't figure it out.." b:scorn ABSURD!!!

Got frustrated so I traded it with a Battlecat. Bad idea.. that WHOLE mount disappears and i can only see my toon sitting in the air and the ONLY thing I get from THAT MOUNT is the SHADOW. b:infuriated

I threw the f**kin mount in the AH. I'm so PISSED.

This is FRUSTRATING AND RIDICULOUS. I CANNOT SEE, MUCH LESS ENJOY WHAT I PAYED FOR. I WORK FOR MY MONEY.

Don't even know why they still came up with the idea of "Customer Support". They don't seem to know what it means. I played fair and followed all that was suggested but they still wanna keep playing cat and mouse and email tag b:surrender

I'm really losing faith in this game and MY friends are starting to know about it... pretty soon their friends will know about it.. and so will THEIR FRIENDS.. and so on. Having a business, you should know that customer trust begets loyalty and that Word-of-mouth is something to look out for (mind you that it is also double-edged). I may have to say goodbye soon because PWI doesn't give me the satisfaction that i PAYED REAL MONEY for. This will not go unheard. b:surrenderWhether it be here on PWI or through some other way, people will know of this.
Post edited by MasterJigz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• nim7
    nim7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol.. I understand what you mean, I have this fash glitch where my skirt disappears and reappears @ curtain areas and angles, and they suggest it might be the PC, but this glitch did NOT happen b4 until the last patch (not this one, but even this patch does the same thing, plus more ^.^ I'm SOO HAPPY!! not >.>). But the good news is that I'm the only one who can see the disappearance.

So what about your mount? can other ppls see it?
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As frustrating as it is, the customer support and PWI office cannot fix or change game files. That's u pto the devs. They can relay issues with glitches, but it seems like you're wanting them to poof into game and spawn you a working mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    @Masterjigz

When we reviewed your dxdiag for your HP Pavilion Windows Vista laptop, your drivers all around, were out of date back to 2008.

You did not reply back on your ticket with what you had tried and what results you were getting so that we could try to help you troubleshoot further, you posted here on the forums instead.

If you updated your video drivers to the recent ones directly from ATI, then try the ones from HP for your model of laptop.

Also see if AMD has CPU drivers or optimizers for your AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 (2 CPUs).

Everyone's computer is different, and handles games differently. Millions of possible hardware configurations makes our job, and your game playing a challenge sometimes. b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    @Masterjigz

When we reviewed your dxdiag for your HP Pavilion Windows Vista laptop, your drivers all around, were out of date back to 2008.

You did not reply back on your ticket with what you had tried and what results you were getting so that we could try to help you troubleshoot further, you posted here on the forums instead.

If you updated your video drivers to the recent ones directly from ATI, then try the ones from HP for your model of laptop.

Also see if AMD has CPU drivers or optimizers for your AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 (2 CPUs).

Everyone's computer is different, and handles games differently. Millions of possible hardware configurations makes our job, and your game playing a challenge sometimes. b:victory

Even with optimal drivers like I have for my system, some things bug in PWI. If I fly at a decent altitude and angle my camera, the Galac. Beetle will disappear and only the eyes will be visible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • MasterJigz - Dreamweaver
    MasterJigz - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Darth and you support team for trying. I was pissed at that time that I had made that first post. b:sweat I had to vent off somehow because I was tired of the issue and the forums are the only place where I can express myself because the issue is PWI-related.

Well anyways, I traded the Hellhound with a Battlecat the other day and it's even worse than the hound. The Battlecat is totally invisible. So I threw it into the auction house to sell it.

Anyways, I went to AMD for the ATI driver update and they say "The laptop manufacturer (HP) is the exclusive provider of driver updates... AMD cannot provide driver updates directly from AMD.com.". So I went to HP and downloaded ALL the drivers that they had for this particular laptop model on 64-bit vista (graphics, sound, network, etc and installed all of them with no problems). I then opened the game and I withdrew the Battlecat from the AH and hatched it again. It's still invisible.

Now I know your going to tell me that my PC drivers aren't good enough for the $35 mount range, but can you make so that the mount will work with the drivers that I have as I can't update it any further than the OEM provides? You or the devs or whoever does the tech stuff. b:victory I'll keep the Battlecat in my pocket for now for further testing if you come up with something else.

I have been with you guys since 2008 on my older Pentium 4 which didn't have anything close to the Radeon on this laptop. It was just a very basic video card that had something like VGA stamped on it. When the Hellhound was released on the Heaven's Tear server, I hung around with a buddy/faction leader that had bought it. The whole time that we rode together while I was there, I never saw his hound glitch. So that get's me thinking, why it doesn't work on the new PC?

I just remembered something, prior to purchasing my current Dark Night wings, the Watcher of the Skies I had, blinked occasionally. The Watchers started having that issue after a patch but I can't remember which one... all's I remember is that it was like 1 or 2 patches before I bought the new wings. Maybe you can check any Boutique purchase logs because I have no way of tracking what I buy from the Boutique (it doesn't really give you a receipt b:chuckle).

I'm just trying to piece things together in the hopes that maybe the info i give might bring us closer to a resolution.

But I think it may be related to that patch I mentioned.
    Let me know if you have anything else.

PS: b:thanks thank you nim7 and Esuna for empathizing and bringing up some of what you experienced, I'm sure your info (and maybe more in the future) can help our support team find a resolution soon.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well anyways, I traded the Hellhound with a Battlecat the other day and it's even worse than the hound. The Battlecat is totally invisible. So I threw it into the auction house to sell it.

You has abandoned your mount because it be a.......
    296449700_731d584a02.jpg
    b:surrender

invisible bicycle be awesome
    b:shedtear
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You has abandoned your mount because it be a.......
    296449700_731d584a02.jpg
    b:surrender

invisible bicycle be awesome
    b:shedtear

yes! invisible bikes be awsome
    not as awsome as polar bear speedboats when DCing.. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've been having an issue with MY $35 Hellhound

I had this same problem with my anniversary mount. Here's how I fixed it. I discovered the game's Water graphic setting was linked to it somehow. Once I switched it to minimum, the mount was normal again. Try that.
  • RaidenXI - Dreamweaver
    RaidenXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm currently having issues with my flying mount /= And I know its not my PC. Its the Deavas flying sword and it looks bad **** on everyones screen but mine /= I know its not my laptop because I can sign into PWI on my desktop, view it from my laptop on another account and its perfectly fine. On my laptop, desktop, and brothers laptop, it is glitched. Its like the graphics are under the sword instead of on top of it. Looks ridiculous but again, on everyone else's screen its bad ****. I don't know what to do /=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.