Location of quest mob needed plz

Options
Azzazin - Dreamweaver
Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hi all.

Quest: Ling Feng (need to be lvl 93+)

Tells me to kill mob to obtain 'Ling Feng's Amulet' which drops from Ling Feng, Ethereal Form, a ranged, lvl 97 200K+ hp elite mob. Check it at this link. The 3 locations listed for the elite mob are:

268 966(24);
271 978(22);
279 967(22)

Ground level is 22ish, hilly terrain... but where the heck is the mob? Has anybody done this quest before? I waited hours, but the mob didn't show. This seems very odd to me, that a quest mob would have a very long respawn time.

Furthermore, supposing it was just a very hard-to-spot mob, I flew around pressing the 'tab' button, and nary a trace of it did I see.

Does anybody know anything about this quest? Does this mob, in fact, just have a really long respawn time?

Any info appreciated, thanks in advance,

Azzazin

EDIT: Went back today. Found a veno who had auto-pathed to the same spot, knew that if the mob was there, and I killed it, it wouldn't be back for a long time, and grouped with her :P Luckily the mob was, in fact, there. But yeah, seriously long respawn time, eh.

Thanks again all :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
Post edited by Azzazin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well i just flew around there for you.. nope, i cant see it anywhere either O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've seen him at least three times already. He usually wanders around a lot though. Every time I've seen him he's near mountains of the Cliff of Shattered Ice. Oh and he looks like a Nivastok Brave, which makes him hard to spot.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Those points form a triangle he wanders along I think. Just wait around for a while and he will come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Such things would be known if ppl still zhenned...
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Such things would be known if ppl still zhenned...

And there would be regular squad wipes at polearm if there was not a daily quest to kill him. What's your point?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that he's got a bit of a respawn time... I had that quest for about 3 weeks... I'd go looking at various times and search between the 3 spawn points, even wait 30m or so. He's not always there.

Whenever I do see him, he is exactly where autopath would take you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the informative responses! I'll keep checkin in on that spot now & then, see when he pops up.

Laters,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Rabidmonky - Archosaur
    Rabidmonky - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL - I auto-pathed to this mob, didn't see him right away, so I came to the forums to see what was up. Saw this post, went back to game to find myself getting pummeled by Ling. ROTFL.
    Moral of the story, fly before going to forums..... and I knew that already.......
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL - I auto-pathed to this mob, didn't see him right away, so I came to the forums to see what was up. Saw this post, went back to game to find myself getting pummeled by Ling. ROTFL.
    Moral of the story, fly before going to forums..... and I knew that already.......

Want to sound smart?

Moral of the story:You're a Necromancer

- Necro thread -
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.