will there ever be new music add to pwi
Post edited by Wannatouch - Harshlands on

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i hope so. this music sucks
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • XxXxIrisxXxX - Dreamweaver
    XxXxIrisxXxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I find the Music relaxing. They should never put Rock, Metal, Or Hip-Hop, because it doesn't seem right to fit the descriptions of PW. Now they should find more Music like the ones now, so they don't get boring to the Users. :)

Well Have a Blessed Day/Noon/Evening/Night - Just wanted to relate with you. b:bye

BirdPoop.jpg
    b:cute When you know sh*t starts to go down hill for you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cute Meow b:kiss
    Here to be your Kitty. Make you all happy.
  • Xpence - Archosaur
    Xpence - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This music makes me fall asleep especially if farming mats b:laugh The only music which I really like is the one in TT :)
    Xpence-lvl94cleric(retired thx to crappy ups...sigh.. could be a nice game..)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I love the Current Chinese traditional Music,

I think they should just add more, With the Bamboo Flute and specially the Guqin Which is what you mostly hear in Chinese films, a great instrument
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the music is great right now...sooo relaxing.. hmmmmm... :)
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like the music inside the instances :O
    Maybe they could enhance the music around the mob areas in different places around cities where you go kill mobs for quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    They really need to add decent music... as it is I would say <1% of ppl actually listen the the pwi music... They need to add more "hardcore" stuff, rather than all the weird chinese flutes... I know they are capable of making good music, on the old pwi trailers, on the old entrance screen and in TT3-3 etc there is some nice music, but everywhere else completly fails... only reason i ever turn music on at all is to remind me of the first week of the game when i actually listened to the music >.>
  • Elyiawatson - Sanctuary
    Elyiawatson - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you want to change the music, you can easily do that by opening your element folder and replacing the mp3 files with one of your own (obviously rename the mp3 file so it's under the same name as the original) then the game will play your song instead of pwi's.
    "It sucks for you when they run up close eh?"
    "No then I just punch them."
    "Why? You're an archer."
    "It's cheaper."
    "What if they run away?"
    "I'll shoot them."
    "You're just lazy."
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    they should add music like final fantasy b:dirty
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you want to change the music, you can easily do that by opening your element folder and replacing the mp3 files with one of your own (obviously rename the mp3 file so it's under the same name as the original) then the game will play your song instead of pwi's.

Can anyone verify that this actually works?!?! (And doesn't violate the TOS)

If so, I'm gonna get me some Requiem for a Dream in the TW instance b:dirty
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Can anyone verify that this actually works?!?! (And doesn't violate the TOS)

If so, I'm gonna get me some Requiem for a Dream in the TW instance b:dirty

I would do the same thing exactly. I love that music, so intense! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As you might be able to tell by my character name (b:chuckle),
    I think that the music in this game is absolutely superb. It's a game set in ancient China so having traditional Chinese folk music just works. Also, I find that the music fits the in-game environment in terms of the "natural scenery." It's very relaxing, like a lot of people have said, and adds to the feeling of the game.

That said, a lot of people are confused by/not familiar with/simply don't like traditional Chinese music. There's a feature called PWI Radio. I've never used it (because I like the music so much), so I don't even know if it's implemented, but apparently it plays modern music and stuff.
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not all of the music lives in accessible .mp3 files now. Some of the longer tracks are encoded and compressed into the resource files.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i think it breaks the ToS if you changed that...
    so be warned
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Wannatouch - Harshlands
    Wannatouch - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like the music inside the instances :O
    Maybe they could enhance the music around the mob areas in different places around cities where you go kill mobs for quests.

yeah but putting different music in different areas would make the games loading time slower and make run time slower aswell
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As you might be able to tell by my character name (b:chuckle),
    I think that the music in this game is absolutely superb. It's a game set in ancient China so having traditional Chinese folk music just works. Also, I find that the music fits the in-game environment in terms of the "natural scenery." It's very relaxing, like a lot of people have said, and adds to the feeling of the game.

That said, a lot of people are confused by/not familiar with/simply don't like traditional Chinese music. There's a feature called PWI Radio. I've never used it (because I like the music so much), so I don't even know if it's implemented, but apparently it plays modern music and stuff.
    +1

The only gripe I have with it is that there's no battle music. I usually put mine in the background (make no mistake, it's soundtrack battle music, I'm a soundtrack fanatic b:cute).
  • aricain
    aricain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I find the Music relaxing. They should never put Rock, Metal, Or Hip-Hop, because it doesn't seem right to fit the descriptions of PW. Now they should find more Music like the ones now, so they don't get boring to the Users. :)

Well Have a Blessed Day/Noon/Evening/Night - Just wanted to relate with you. b:bye

BirdPoop.jpg
    b:cute When you know sh*t starts to go down hill for you. b:chuckle
    I think the Twilight Temple Boss music resembles something similar to Final Fantasy 7's boss themes. The metal/rock style makes it more exciting, especially with those rather long fights on the twilight temple bosses. Another dungeon I recently discovered had some badass similar music was Eden or that zone at archo elder requiring items I forget to port into. However, I would have to say in general I like most of PWI's music, and let's not forget my favorite: City of Raging Tides. Metal and Psychics ftw! \,,/
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Modifying any game files violates the ToS, this includes renaming the mp3's (the few that are actually accessible anyways, for the rest you'd need some sort of decompressor to get into, modify, then recompress the resource files) aaand the launcher would likely pick up on, or the client would, any file with a different crc and/or hash then the original game files.. i know back in the day you used to be able to drop your own mp3's into the folder and it worked but not any more far as i know, so i have a few simple easy steps for you that doesnt violate the tos in any way but lets you have your own game music

Step 1: Purchase if you dont already own, a keyboard with media control keys and/or programmable keys
    Step 2: load up your favorite media/mp3 player program and set up a nice playlist of about 10 or so songs specifically for game and save the list
    Step 3: Create a simple little batch file that first loads the music player with the playlist, then loads the game client or launcher, save the batch to the desktop
    Step 4: Run the batch, you should now be in game with your own music playing in the background (might want to turn off in-game music btw), use the media keys (assuming they're supported by the player) to switch tracks

Alternatively, if you can program the functions of some of the keys on your keyboard (in my case, an HP media keyboard with programmable keys down the side for mail, search, browser, help, etc) and set them to play a specific mp3 in your player of choice, ie: play the ff7 boss battle music (on repeat of course) while running TT, and just hit the keys to change tunes.

For my WQ i have a playlist set with about 15 entertaining/upbeat songs to keep me from nodding off, the MK anthem/music from the movie for when i'm out farming on my sin, etc, all set up on hotkeys (not like i actually use those keys for much else anyways)

I dont forsee pwi adding/changing the ingame music any time soon, pwi DID have "radio" for a while with some decent music but that didnt last (no idea why) so you're best off to come up with your own way of havin your own music in game.

Btw, if you dont have programmable keys, create shortcuts to playlists on your desktop then go look in the properties for those shortcuts, you'll notice a "hotkey" box you can put a ctrl/shift/alt key combo into to trigger them.